HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:57 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedgin View Post
Here she is with a GPV-1. The decals for the Suzi kinda sticks out thats why I wanted to apply a clear glossy finish on her.

rizal
Nice one mate it looks good, i will probably just do mine standard first to use the decals but it won't take me long to scratch it then i will have a go at something different like that.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:15 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Here she is with a GPV-1. The decals for the Suzi kinda sticks out thats why I wanted to apply a clear glossy finish on her.

rizal
hey nice looking bike are you running no crash bars or nylon
yeah just looked at the photo your right i will swap his legs over
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:37 PM
Joined Sep 2011
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
hey nice looking bike are you running no crash bars or nylon
yeah just looked at the photo your right i will swap his legs over
its an alleven crash bar mount for the oto and zh bikes. I still run with the crash bars on but alittle more time and off with them for some real rc knee sliders.

rizal
icedgin is offline Find More Posts by icedgin
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:33 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
its an alleven crash bar mount for the oto and zh bikes. I still run with the crash bars on but alittle more time and off with them for some real rc knee sliders.

rizal
thats what i am aiming to do run with out crash bars eventually i just need to get used t the bike first then i will attempt to shape the insert to then start running with out crash bars
Steve in the photo big head showed how to shape the insert from memory the insert once shaped looked to me like the shape of ttfm1e standard tires is that right ? or is my memory wrong
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:55 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Quote:

rizal
Yeah Deen sort your legs out will ya
icedgin; where you get those decals ?
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Mar 11, 2012, 02:55 PM
Joined Sep 2011
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
Yeah Deen sort your legs out will ya
icedgin; where you get those decals ?
steve,
printed them myself using adhesive vinyl paper.

rizal
Old Mar 11, 2012, 03:39 PM
Joined Jan 2012
8 Posts
Thank you Steve. Silly question.
I have GVP1s.
oldidiot is offline Find More Posts by oldidiot
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:16 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
well i spent a good couple hours working on the body work today
loads of rubbing down with wet and dry paper and just gave every thing first coat of primer tomorrow its more wet and dry sanding and then another coat of primer i think the paint that was on the bike was really rough looked like it had been plastered on and not painted
i hope it comes out ok if not i will buy new plastics
Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:09 AM
Joined Jan 2012
150 Posts
Hor

Deen/guys,

Can you advise best way to remove paint from plastics? I have some old spares that I want to use for rebuilds and need to get paint stripped/removed without damaging any of the original surface details if possible.

Been off air for a while - computer died.
zander749 is offline Find More Posts by zander749
Old Mar 14, 2012, 06:36 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Well zander749 i am only learning my self but what i have done is use wet and dry paper on the paint work rubbed it all down wet tried to take all the edges off take,s a while then start adding coats of primer between each coat of primer i rub it down again with the wet and dry paper i will try ad post some pics today
Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined Sep 2011
42 Posts
I use acetone to remove old paint. Takes time and patience but it gets the job done. I hope someone has a better idea. I hate the smell of acetone.

rizal
Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:09 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,843 Posts
With my silverlits i sand them smooth with like a 1200 grit wet & dry then just use tamiya spray paint for plastic.

If i am painting new plastic i just use a scouring pad & dish washing soap & water & let it drip dry & the paint sticks perfect.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Last edited by Throttlejunkie; Mar 14, 2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:53 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
For hard plastics I use brake fluid or nitro fuel, i spray all my bikes with Auto spray cans, I tend to use new bodywork for runners, as the old plastics on these bikes gets very and brittle with age, one crash and it just falls apart like egg shells, be warned
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:54 PM
Joined Jan 2012
150 Posts
Thanks guys - will be painting new and old bodywork so your suggestions and advice comments are noted & appreciated.
Now just got to make some time to play with the various bits and boxes I currently have lying around......
zander749 is offline Find More Posts by zander749
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:25 PM
indy
Joined Dec 2008
84 Posts
kyosho hor

Run my bike today . Out of all the bikes ive had i allways seem to have more fun with these bikes ..Waiting on a buddy to place a order from 2 wheels .He has one too we are going to do the front tire insert with o ring ...Wish kyosho would have came out with a hor pro kit with the same chassi made out of carbon fiber and some other hop up parts instead of a tiny little toys r us bike
indy roofer is offline Find More Posts by indy roofer