SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 31, 2014, 06:09 AM
Crown Point, IN
Joined Mar 2002
56 Posts
Yippee!
Model Merchant F-4 Phantom

Has anyone had one of these before?

I seen it advertised long ago in one of the magazines and now one turned up. I'm pretty excited. My favorite two combined, Cox and F-4's. With retracts and scale cockpit. It has a vacuum formed fuselage and a foam wing. It should be on its way here next week.

I have no other clues about such as the wingspan or anything other than what is described on the box which isnt much as far as specs and I've searched the forum with nothing but a short comment about someone having one at one time with a slightly bored venturi TeeDee and a pressure tank.

Who is making 1/2A Retracts these days?

How can I protect the foam wing to help it stay nice besides not crashing? Fiberglass it with 1/2 ounce cloth and epoxy? Balsa skin it?

I have an airbrush and thinking of having some fun with it on this. I've only done plastic models with it.
jetpack is offline Find More Posts by jetpack
Last edited by jetpack; Aug 31, 2014 at 06:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2014, 02:44 PM
Team Fearless
United States, MD, Piney Point
Joined Mar 2005
1,757 Posts
That is a sweet looking jet! I've been following your posts on the COX Engine owners Facebook page.
Can you post some detailed pics of all of the goodies? I.E. Wings, Fuse and parts etc..

Thanks,
Shawn
~SnApRoLl is offline Find More Posts by ~SnApRoLl
Old Sep 03, 2014, 07:42 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,260 Posts
I can't name any makers of 1/2a retracts per se, but many companies are making retracts for the small electric market. Some of those would work great.
LowlyElevated is offline Find More Posts by LowlyElevated
Old Sep 03, 2014, 09:17 PM
Team Fearless
United States, MD, Piney Point
Joined Mar 2005
1,757 Posts
Check out E-Flite, They make retracts that might work.
~SnApRoLl is offline Find More Posts by ~SnApRoLl
Old Sep 04, 2014, 08:58 AM
Marion, OH
Joined Jun 2008
18 Posts
Jackpack,

Robart makes retracts for 1/2A airplanes. We used them for all of the prototype House of Balsa 1/2A kits. They are listed on the Robart web site and cost under $30 per pair.

Dan
Shorty59 is offline Find More Posts by Shorty59