SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 11, 2014, 04:41 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,136 Posts
Here is the 60amp hifie ESC with big BEC, forget how bid
My thought was to keep weight on the right side to counter torque.
But it can be seen the battery gets shoved left and defeats that idea.
Lateral CG is fine.

Crud some update must have set in.
I will have to figure out how to post photos yet again

It tells me my files are invalid.
Using a HTC 1???
Wamp is online now Find More Posts by Wamp
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2014, 04:44 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,136 Posts
Try again
Nope nope and nope
Old Dec 11, 2014, 04:47 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,136 Posts
What one went directly from the camera !
I hate learning curves over reinventing the wheel
Seems like I be shut out of stuff from my gallery
Old Dec 12, 2014, 08:30 AM
Joined Nov 2010
216 Posts
Chris,

Went with a 13x8 APC in the end.
My set up is :-
Overlander 4250-07 700KV
JP ENRGPRO 60AMP ESC
Turnigy 4s 5000mah 30c lipo
13x8 apc
16XLM Newpower servos all round

Hopefully weather is ok for a maiden on Saturday morning. Will let you know how it goes
AndyCross is offline Find More Posts by AndyCross
Old Dec 13, 2014, 07:57 AM
Joined Nov 2010
216 Posts
Maiden went well on a cold frosty morning in the uk. 1 click left aileron and 2 down on elevator and was like on rails.
Had 30% expo on ailerons/elevator and 50% on rudder, didn't try the flaps as fingers were going numb after 10mins flying.
cg was perfect with the 5000mah lipo. 1/2 throttle on the 13x8 saw vertical until out of site and pulling hard. Got the impression the set up hauls it around with out effort.

Landings were .......easy , very easy. liner her up , chop the throttle and glide in.
Excellent winter hack that cost peanuts to put in the air and will do anything you tell it to.

Andy
AndyCross is offline Find More Posts by AndyCross
Old Dec 13, 2014, 10:11 AM
if pigs could fly!
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Feb 2013
1,344 Posts
Heh, nice maiden report, congrats At least you had some sun it seems, here it has been raining cats and dogs for two days and the forecast looks bleak.
RyoOhki1701 is online now Find More Posts by RyoOhki1701
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:00 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCross View Post
Maiden went well on a cold frosty morning in the uk. 1 click left aileron and 2 down on elevator and was like on rails.
Had 30% expo on ailerons/elevator and 50% on rudder, didn't try the flaps as fingers were going numb after 10mins flying.
cg was perfect with the 5000mah lipo. 1/2 throttle on the 13x8 saw vertical until out of site and pulling hard. Got the impression the set up hauls it around with out effort.

Landings were .......easy , very easy. liner her up , chop the throttle and glide in.
Excellent winter hack that cost peanuts to put in the air and will do anything you tell it to.

Andy
Good News Andy!
Vertical at half T

I some times come in dead stick, other times a near harrier.
Been working on that , with the SSX & 3D Spirit it is sometimes in my grasp.

Congratulations!
Yes peanuts in relitive terms.
Have fun! Chris
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:13 AM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCross View Post

Andy
Great report Andy,

As I've dived deeper and deeper into a multi-rotor addiction my planes collection has been dwindling. Except this one. This baby stays with me. I take it out all the time. In fact. I may this afternoon.

Enjoy. It's a great plane.

CW
cwolfe is offline Find More Posts by cwolfe