SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 17, 2014, 05:41 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
12,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFlyBob View Post
I thought I was crazy for buying a PV2+ for what they cost. There's no way I spending 3k on a quad
Well..... you don't have to spend THAT kind of money on one. Where are you Bob?
I'm just south of Daytona. You can start out cheaply enough and as you learn to fly or (unless you already do) there are many options you can use that may not cost as much. I fly the FC40 with the FC40 camera and get pretty good results. I spent $495 for mine....rtf and including camera and sorta cheap gimbal. You might try going to DJI's web site .... or ebay to grab one.

Buzz
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2014, 08:56 AM
Joined Dec 2013
6 Posts
Phantom 1 Version Release Chronology:

Can anyone tell me the the order in which the Phantom 1 was released, starting with the earliest until the most recent?

Is this correct? Earliest: Phantom v1, then v1.1, then v1.2, then v1.21, and finally, the most recent: v1.1.1
johndcoffman is offline Find More Posts by johndcoffman
Old Dec 18, 2014, 02:14 PM
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2011
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Well..... you don't have to spend THAT kind of money on one. Where are you Bob?
I'm just south of Daytona. You can start out cheaply enough and as you learn to fly or (unless you already do) there are many options you can use that may not cost as much. I fly the FC40 with the FC40 camera and get pretty good results. I spent $495 for mine....rtf and including camera and sorta cheap gimbal. You might try going to DJI's web site .... or ebay to grab one.

Buzz
Thanks Buzz, the very last thing I need is another quad. Until the next one comes along. lol I have a v1.1.1 and a PV2+ as well as a F550. I just can't see spending 3k for an Inspire unless I'm using it to make money, and that's not possible at the moment. I'm in Ft Myers just north of Naples
FloridaFlyBob is offline Find More Posts by FloridaFlyBob
Old Dec 18, 2014, 07:26 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2012
1,281 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Buzz, the very last thing I need is another quad. Until the next one comes along. lol I have a v1.1.1 and a PV2+ as well as a F550. I just can't see spending 3k for an Inspire unless I'm using it to make money, and that's not possible at the moment. I'm in Ft Myers just north of Naples
$3K is just a warm-up. Did you need some $500 batteries to go with that? You could easily have 5K to 6K tied up in one of those.
skipper1 is offline Find More Posts by skipper1
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:13 PM
Creve Coeur, IL
Joined Jun 2002
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper1 View Post
$3K is just a warm-up. Did you need some $500 batteries to go with that? You could easily have 5K to 6K tied up in one of those.
The batteries are 150 and 200 depending on the capacity.

https://store.dji.com/product/intelligent-battery-tb47
rickc is offline Find More Posts by rickc
Old Yesterday, 01:22 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc View Post
The batteries are 150 and 200 depending on the capacity.

https://store.dji.com/product/intelligent-battery-tb47
That is for the Inspire not the Phantom.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,281 Posts
I have had really good luck with the Phantoms I've owned and would love to have an Inspire but the price tag is just too much for me.
Old Yesterday, 07:11 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,281 Posts
Quote:
My apologies on the price of the batteries, they're more like $200. I thought I saw where they were going to be $500.
Old Yesterday, 08:15 AM
Creve Coeur, IL
Joined Jun 2002
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
That is for the Inspire not the Phantom.
Understood thats why I posted it. I was referring to post 28865.
Old Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Creve Coeur, IL
Joined Jun 2002
597 Posts
Quote:
My apologies on the price of the batteries, they're more like $200. I thought I saw where they were going to be $500.
Some guy has them on Ebay for 500 I believe...
Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
12,162 Posts
Quote:
Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you were buying a Phantom 2. I'll never spend 3k on anything in the r/c arena. Ft. Meyers? Might as well be in another state. ha.
You're a long way south of me and on the other side of the state. I was hoping you were closer so we fly together.

Buzz
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz