HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2011, 05:34 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra_Spitfire View Post
I don't think mine will be ready to ship, as I come from a land downunder!
i reckon you will see the Australian shipment on the shelves late next week so get ya order in i'm patiently waiting for mine

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2011, 05:34 PM
Please excuse me..
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Feb 2011
816 Posts
All set

Today has been a great RC day, even though it was raining this morning and now the trees outside my window are moving 15 feet in both directions.

I got off work early, for no reason of my own but was told to take off for the afternoon.

Came home, two small boxes in my mailbox. One from AlleRC containing a 180 HPY, the other containing the AS2000 servo needed to complete my Sukhoi XP build. My two 240 HPYs will be delivered tomorrow.

Ordered the Mosquito, finished the Sukhoi, received HH email saying my order shipped!!

And I got a discount code from a generous RCgrouper! Looking at the venom DX5-8 case...

Not bad not bad
represent is online now Find More Posts by represent
Old Feb 24, 2011, 05:44 PM
Stanford, CA
Joined Dec 2010
86 Posts
represent,

Nice! I just returned a venom DX5-8 case a couple weeks ago. I thought I had found the perfect case as it was light, didn't take up much space, looked cool, seemed to offer ok protection, etc. but once I got it I realized that carrying my DX8 in it would be a gamble. Once I got my hands on it I realized that it is only good for protecting the radio from scratches and dirt. The switches will be either broken or pressed in with a light bump...I have seen it happen...and that was a risk I was not going to take with my new DX8. After returning it I tried the aluminum cases but they were bulky, of questionable quality, and I could not find a good one with a shoulder strap. After more online searching I have arrived at the Wing Tote WGT625...what the venom case should have been. Has a shoulder strap, some foam to offer more protection from bumps/jolts, not as bulky as an aluminum case, and a simple clean design. If you are considering the venom case take a look at the Wing Tote. Mine is arriving at my LHS tomorrow with my Mosquito
sixspeed is offline Find More Posts by sixspeed
Old Feb 24, 2011, 05:49 PM
Please excuse me..
Joined Feb 2011
816 Posts
Hey sixspeed thanks for the info! I was just on amazon reading reviews and they said similar stuff- coupled with your thoughts I am going to pass on this "case" and consider some other options. Thanks for the heads up!

John
Old Feb 24, 2011, 05:55 PM
Stanford, CA
Joined Dec 2010
86 Posts
represent,

No prob just wanted to share my experience to save you the time of having to buy and probably return this case. If you are on Amazon avoid the aluminum cases from commonsenserc...I just returned the dual one for 39.99 as they sent me a case that wasn't even the one in the picture. The one in the picture had a shoulder strap and the one I got had no strap, no strap attachments, a handle that looked like it was about to fall off, and the aluminum was banged up and slightly warped. The reason the strap is so important for me is that I carry my ultra micros in their boxes to protect them and when I go to the park I like to take at least two planes with me (lately it has been the UMX Beast and either the Su-26XP or the 4-Site) so I like to keep my hands free for plane transport. I really hope the Wing Tote works out and when I get it tomorrow I'll let you know what I think as I'm one that says it how it is as medical school has basically trained me to not sugar coat anything.
sixspeed is offline Find More Posts by sixspeed
Old Feb 24, 2011, 06:23 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixspeed View Post
represent,

No prob just wanted to share my experience to save you the time of having to buy and probably return this case. If you are on Amazon avoid the aluminum cases from commonsenserc...I just returned the dual one for 39.99 as they sent me a case that wasn't even the one in the picture. The one in the picture had a shoulder strap and the one I got had no strap, no strap attachments, a handle that looked like it was about to fall off, and the aluminum was banged up and slightly warped. The reason the strap is so important for me is that I carry my ultra micros in their boxes to protect them and when I go to the park I like to take at least two planes with me (lately it has been the UMX Beast and either the Su-26XP or the 4-Site) so I like to keep my hands free for plane transport. I really hope the Wing Tote works out and when I get it tomorrow I'll let you know what I think as I'm one that says it how it is as medical school has basically trained me to not sugar coat anything.
I have that case, and have no problems with the sticks or switches being pushed. I like the size of it, and easily transports. However, I would like a thicker case in the future.
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Loose Nut behind the ..Sticks?
Vancouver, Washinton
Joined Jun 2010
189 Posts
i can track mine in fedex now!! overnite!!! i just cant wait tommorow is going to be a nice day too!! i dont have a video camera so no in flight movies sorry!
Xargon321 is offline Find More Posts by Xargon321
Please excuse me..
Joined Feb 2011
816 Posts
Lots of shady tx-case dealers out there! Post back with your thoughts on the Wing Tote when you get it, I wanna know if you've finally found the case. I'm going to law school next year, but I'm not into sugar coating things...
Last edited by represent; Feb 24, 2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 06:34 PM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Jan 2007
2,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by represent View Post
Lots of shady tx-case dealers out there! Post back with you're thoughts on the Wing Tote when you get it, I wanna know if you've finally found the case. I'm going to law school next year, but I'm not into sugar coating things...
Give this case a look. My DX6i's love the case, it's saved them a few times. I also have the V2 that was retired to battery carrying duty.

http://www.maxfordusa.com/lg-radiocase-2-1.aspx
southernmd_man is offline Find More Posts by southernmd_man
Old Feb 24, 2011, 06:46 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,380 Posts
Anyone ordered from HH and selected overnight shipping?
Cheese5 is online now Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Feb 24, 2011, 06:56 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
Anyone ordered from HH and selected overnight shipping?
No, but I still haven't gotten a confirmation shipping email.
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Feb 24, 2011, 07:10 PM
Loose Nut behind the ..Sticks?
Vancouver, Washinton
Joined Jun 2010
189 Posts
i did its in fedex hands now, let hope they dont play football with it
Xargon321 is offline Find More Posts by Xargon321
Old Feb 24, 2011, 07:28 PM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,157 Posts
Wow! I just smashed a Mosquito.
skyjet is offline Find More Posts by skyjet
Old Feb 24, 2011, 07:57 PM
Clean up! The missus is home
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Dec 2007
602 Posts
I just watched the video taken at E-FEST 2011 . The formation flying at the end was brilliant! I then went to the Hobbyzone site and ordered one of these little beauties. What a fantastic little plane! Has anyone worked on the retract mod yet?
huntingfield is offline Find More Posts by huntingfield
Old Feb 24, 2011, 08:05 PM
Clean up! The missus is home
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Dec 2007
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer vtwin View Post
hurray on this one I've got two coming .These guys wont last long on the shelfs.they have got to be the nicest micro to date .I hope they keep producing intresting planes I for one am tired of the common planes .
I agree 100%.
huntingfield is offline Find More Posts by huntingfield