SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 15, 2010, 08:28 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly View Post
What is it your implying Pat M? That you did it in your thread or something first or what? If so, Bully for you. I was not aware or do I care about your thread or posts. Sounds like you may be jealous because your thread was largely ignored. I did not look at your thread nor do I feel the need to look at it. Have a nice day

You posted in the thread. Several times. You were nasty to the OP , laughed at him and said he had made a user error.
You have edited most of your posts in that thread, but some are still there in quotes.
At that time you seemed not to have a clue how to solve his problem.
Now today you start a thread on almost the same topic.

And now you deny even looking at the thread or the posts

But whatever, you have done a lot of work on these micros and posted a lot of good tips.
I will just end by saying that in general it is polite to acknowledge where your ideas came from, or at the very least not get nasty when you get a polite reminder.

(And you sort of need two people because it is hard to hold the transmitter, the sticks and the plane and plug in the battery with only two hands.)

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:01 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Uh, maybe you should read post #15 again Mr Pat as I linked a thread where I did this mod last summer and talked about the servo reversing cable and other aspects of the AR6400. I do not understand why you have taken it upon your self to scold me about this incident, let it go man, your ruining this thread with your dribble. No one really cares about what you are talking about. From now on, please keep off topic comments out of this thread please. Please feel free to use the PM function if you need to discuss this further. I wish to keep this thread on topic and do not wish to discuss this any further in the public forum.

The above post you quoted is no longer what I have typed in post #15 so your quote is null and void.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Last edited by modfly; Feb 15, 2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:24 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly View Post
Uh, maybe you should read post #15 again Mr Pat as I linked a thread where I did this mod last summer and talked about the servo reversing cable and other aspects of the AR6400. I do not understand why you have taken it upon your self to scold me about this incident, let it go man, your ruining this thread with your dribble. No one really cares about what you are talking about. From now on, please keep off topic comments out of this thread please. Please feel free to use the PM function if you need to discuss this further. I wish to keep this thread on topic and do not wish to discuss this any further in the public forum.

The above post you quoted is no longer what I have typed in post #15 so your quote is null and void.
All true, which makes it even more strange that you did not help the guy yesterday, instead you chose to make fun of him.

And you editing a post an hour after I respond does not make my response "null and void". Just like in the other thread you can't turn back time and undo things you say.

As far as going to PM, why would I do that? Zero to be gained there I am sure. Nothing more needs to be said on either side.

Have fun

Pat
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:54 PM
Figure 9 Expert
USA
Joined Feb 2007
665 Posts
My gosh- we are acting childish today aren't we? Give it a rest, no one likes to see this kind of posting 'upstairs'.

Modfly-

Since we are discussing flaps on the Ar6400(L), do you think you could answer a question for me?

In a plane set up with only one aileron servo (like the p-51) does the AR6400 come set up to mirror channel 2 and 6, or are they independent channels out of the box?

In an earlier thread you said to mix ailerons (flaps) and elevator to move in opposite directions when performing Flaps/ spoileron mixing. I had always thought that a mix like this would be used in a highly aerobatic plane to give the effect of having HUGE Elevator throw. But in your flap demo you have the ailerons (flaps) and the elevator moving in the same direction. I presume that the elevator is moved down ward to counteract the pitch up tendency correct?

If you could just clarify which direction the control surfaces move when flaps (and or spoilerons) are added it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Philip
Chompers is offline Find More Posts by Chompers
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:35 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompers View Post
Modfly-

Since we are discussing flaps on the Ar6400(L), do you think you could answer a question for me?

In a plane set up with only one aileron servo (like the p-51) does the AR6400 come set up to mirror channel 2 and 6, or are they independent channels out of the box?

Philip
I know for sure the AR6400 brick that you buy separately is set @ 2 channel ailerons by default. I have not tested the Mustang\Sukhoi AR6400 aileron default mode but I'm betting they are set @ 2 channel ailerons by default.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:41 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:

In an earlier thread you said to mix ailerons (flaps) and elevator to move in opposite directions when performing Flaps/ spoileron mixing.
No, thats not right, I will check back and see what I said but what I meant to say was this.... Ailerons and Spoilers are opposite of each other with respect to how they are deployed.

Flaps and Flapperons, control surfaces arch downward as does the elevator control surface if mixing is used.
Spoilerons, control surfaces arch upward and can be used with a "up elevator" mix.

Spoilerons are completely different than flapperons The upward arch of the Spoilerons and elevator if mixing is used keep the root wing from stalling first and thus prevents "Tip Stall". However, any plane will stall no matter what if the speed gets too slow.

I do not use Spoilerons for "spot landing" as they do in gliders but rather like flaps with the nose pitched up. This works well on Warbirds and planes with half wing length ailerons but it a little different than the traditional glider use of Spoilerons.
Last edited by modfly; Feb 20, 2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:59 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
If you could just clarify which direction the control surfaces move when flaps (and or spoilerons) are added it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Philip
First let me say that as far as programming is concerned, the AR6400 and AR6400L are the same.

I guess I don't think in terms of which way the control surfaces move with respect to one another when flaps or spoilerons are deployed....The video I posted shows flaps with a elevator mix. Yes its true that both control surfaces move in the same direction with respect to one another but I think its better to give a technical explanation that leaves no doubt as to what is going on and here it is..

When flaps (flapperons in this case) are deployed, a down elevator control surface movement also occurs due to mixing. This keeps the nose level. Otherwise the plane will pitch nose up when Flaps are deployed.

Here is the Flapperon video with elevator mixing once again..
E-Flite UM 4-Site with flaps (1 min 0 sec)
Last edited by modfly; Feb 16, 2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 07:28 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
I Cant get it to work!!!

I have a dx6i but when I press the flap swtich nothing happens

only when I move the aileans, they all go up or down

help me
lightspeeddud is offline Find More Posts by lightspeeddud
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:05 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightspeeddud View Post
I Cant get it to work!!!

I have a dx6i but when I press the flap swtich nothing happens

only when I move the aileans, they all go up or down

help me
you mean like you move the aileron stick left both ailerons go up if you go right they both go down? or otherway around?

Ugh.... what did you do ? maybe you have the programing in the radio reversed? on that other channel?
i do not own a dx6i so guessing.
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Feb 16, 2010, 09:01 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
I need modflys help!
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:48 PM
Figure 9 Expert
USA
Joined Feb 2007
665 Posts
Wow thanks Modfly- that clears things up wonderfully.

Keep up the good work
Chompers is offline Find More Posts by Chompers
Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:12 AM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
anyone help me?

like I said I activated the servo stick mode and I set everything up on the dx6i like modfly did however, the flap switch doesnt do anything and when I move the ailerons they all go up or down

modfly help me please....
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:13 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightspeeddud View Post
anyone help me?

like I said I activated the servo stick mode and I set everything up on the dx6i like modfly did however, the flap switch doesnt do anything and when I move the ailerons they all go up or down

modfly help me please....
Don't worry, we will sort it out. Ok first, You did the stick programming and now you have 2 channel ailerons. Now you need to go to Wing Tail Mixing and select "DUALAILE" mix. After enabling this mix the Flaps should work but you still need 1 more mix for the Flap switch.

These instructions apply to the Dx6i only.
Last edited by modfly; Feb 17, 2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:40 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Nov 2008
207 Posts
did you get it figgured out yet bud? if not, i think you need to go into the reversing menu on tx and reverse ailerons. my plane did the same thing until i reversed the aileron setting i think. i'm at work and don't have it here, i will check tonite when i get home if you don't get it figured out.
skootertrash74 is offline Find More Posts by skootertrash74
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:46 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skootertrash74 View Post
did you get it figgured out yet bud? if not, i think you need to go into the reversing menu on tx and reverse ailerons. my plane did the same thing until i reversed the aileron setting i think. i'm at work and don't have it here, i will check tonite when i get home if you don't get it figured out.
I don't remember having to do that. I will redo it today and try to come up with a exact procedure. There are just a lot of steps and its a little difficult to get it all outlined but we will, no worries.

I'm gonna reset mine to default and redo it and this time I will write down every step. Please be patient.