DucknDive is offline Find More Posts by DucknDive
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:43 AM
UAV Guy
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Feb 2012
294 Posts
FPV250 w/ Flip 2.0 FC

Here are some pictures of my FPV250. I am looking forward to doing some acro flying with it. I decided not to go with the Mini APM. I will save it for a better frame.
UAVJOE is offline Find More Posts by UAVJOE
Old Dec 17, 2014, 06:50 PM
Joined May 2014
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post
For a quick and easy method just change rotor positions (right front to left front-right rear to left rear) the reverse down thrust should give you a reading on a decent digital kitchen or postal type scale. It may not be totally accurate due to downforce/propwash issues, but if just being used to compare different motors or rotor blades it will give you some relative strength differences to compare.

Just a thought.

John
Holy crap that's a genius idea!!! I've been racking my brain to figure out a way to stay this thing securely to my postage scale lol. Thanks a bunch!
rajkovich207 is offline Find More Posts by rajkovich207
Old Dec 17, 2014, 08:43 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajkovich207 View Post
Holy crap that's a genius idea!!! I've been racking my brain to figure out a way to stay this thing securely to my postage scale lol. Thanks a bunch!

Another thought.............I kind of forgot I was posting to a hobby grade quad thread, I do a lot with the super minis with soldered in brushed motors. If you have bullet connectors easily accessible on your brushless 250, you could just change rotation of your motors by switching 2 wires on each ESC and not even need to loosen a rotor blade nut.

John
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Dec 17, 2014, 08:56 PM
iMultirotors
Australia, NSW, Shellharbour
Joined Aug 2012
881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post
If you have bullet connectors easily accessible on your brushless 250, you could just change rotation of your motors by switching 2 wires on each ESC and not even need to loosen a rotor blade nut.

John
Yeah that won't work, and you should know why.
Senator315 is online now Find More Posts by Senator315
Old Dec 17, 2014, 09:12 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator315 View Post
Yeah that won't work, and you should know why.
Yup sorry
in a hurry and missed a thought, and again thinking more of my baby brushed quads than what I should be thinking about in this thread. The airfoils=lift need to be upside down AND reversed to work as we are speaking of for best test of downforce using this method.

John
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:30 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,904 Posts
Hey guys,
can you give me some input on motors, I am looking at these,
Emax MT2204 2300kv Motor or DYS BE1806 2300KV Motor , can you give me some input on witch one you would recommend .
Thanks for your time.
G
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Old Dec 18, 2014, 03:19 AM
Switching to guns!!!
Littleton, CO
Joined Dec 2009
717 Posts
Either would be a good choice. I have both, and other than the 2204 being larger and torquier, one thing I would say is that the EMAX motors are more well-made. (not to say that the DYS are junk, they're not!)

Also, are you aware that EMAX also makes an 1806 that is 2300kv?

Any three of those would be a good choice, but if you asked me which ones I'd go for if they were all the same price, it'd be the EMAX 2204's.
CO_rcDude is offline Find More Posts by CO_rcDude
Old Dec 18, 2014, 07:41 AM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_rcDude View Post
Either would be a good choice. I have both, and other than the 2204 being larger and torquier, one thing I would say is that the EMAX motors are more well-made. (not to say that the DYS are junk, they're not!)

Also, are you aware that EMAX also makes an 1806 that is 2300kv?

Any three of those would be a good choice, but if you asked me which ones I'd go for if they were all the same price, it'd be the EMAX 2204's.
Thanks for your input..
G
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:27 AM
Quad fun for everyone!
United States, WI
Joined Oct 2013
751 Posts
I have an idea that could help with the FPV FFF tilted motor solutions. Could you just mount the front two motors up-side down under the motor mounts, and switch the propellors. It would not tilt the motors, but still tilt the frame to a certain degree. Or would this create more problems?
RC2211 is offline Find More Posts by RC2211
Old Dec 22, 2014, 03:06 PM
3D plane, heli, quad, FPV noob
United States, TN, Smyrna
Joined Feb 2014
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC2211 View Post
I have an idea that could help with the FPV FFF tilted motor solutions. Could you just mount the front two motors up-side down under the motor mounts, and switch the propellors. It would not tilt the motors, but still tilt the frame to a certain degree. Or would this create more problems?
To me, it seems it would require tilted motors in addition to lowered front and raised rear motors in order to truly level to frame for FFF and not have the rear props in the prop wash of the front.

A VERY ROUGH drawing. It wold most certainly look odd at hover with the sagging rear end.
moteasa is offline Find More Posts by moteasa
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:16 PM
Quad fun for everyone!
United States, WI
Joined Oct 2013
751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moteasa View Post
To me, it seems it would require tilted motors in addition to lowered front and raised rear motors in order to truly level to frame for FFF and not have the rear props in the prop wash of the front.

A VERY ROUGH drawing. It wold most certainly look odd at hover with the sagging rear end.
Thanks for the clarification
RC2211 is offline Find More Posts by RC2211
Old Dec 24, 2014, 11:40 PM
Joined Sep 2014
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIATONE.Danny View Post

I'm sorry, I'm late
Adapter is free, in June after products have four in the Adapter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
DIATONE Frame Kit, Affordable Smart Choice

I bought the FPV250LH Low Hung Clean-and-Dirty kit and it came with 4 of these adapters. And I really like them and would love to use them, but I can't figure out the best way to attach them to the arms. They didn't come with any screws that fit like those in the picture. I tried using zip ties through the three holes around the edge, but discovered I couldn't put the landing gear on if I used all three holes and the adapter sits sideways and can wiggle if I use only two holes.

I've ditched them for now, but would really prefer to use them. What size screws are those?
Heathicus is offline Find More Posts by Heathicus
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM
Joined Mar 2014
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucknDive View Post
Love your video, nice work. Was this taken with mobius?
@DucknDive, thanks for the complement and yes this was taken with a mobius (lens-b ). stock PID's on the naze32 is spot on, no need to modify except for the looptime which I used 2500.

Some more videos on learning rate mode on the naze32:
FPV250 - Bidadari on Rate Mode (1 min 46 sec)
xian1925 is offline Find More Posts by xian1925