HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:32 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxky View Post
The box has offset for the right thrust angle and vertical offset built into the 'center' mark that you mounted the motor to. flipping the box means that the motor wont line up with the center of the cowel.
What I was thinking to. This plane and my 72 extra have been my least trimmed planes to date. On the 72 I don't think I have any KE trims either.

4 more flights yesterday with the 5320 310 and 19x8. Good fit. I still think a tad tail heavy with 2 gensace 4000 all the way up. Funny I was working on some stalled flip turns(inverted to upright, upright to inverted) and a guy walks up and says is that as fast as it goes? Nope.

Red...so awesome!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:37 AM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
711 Posts
I will sell this one, 4 flights, RxR or BNF if you want with a AR6200 with a used DLE 30 (new carb kit), new (4 flights) Hitec 7954's, WIKE IBEF, Fuji tank, SWB arms, 4 flights.... Why am I selling it you ask? well the 40% behind it is going to eat up all the space in the house and the wife is not happy with the new addition. I will ship greyhound also but you pay shipping costs. Prob about 75-100 bucks to ship but would prefer LPU in SE Nebraska. I would also seperate the gear also and airframe seperate if intereseted. There is some rash on the pants from long grass and some on the cowl scoop thing from vibration against the engine but other than that it is new! PM for more pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios000 View Post
any one know when the red Edge will be back in stock? id like to pick one up for my birthday but they have been out for a wile
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
Last edited by nebwake; Apr 12, 2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:37 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,707 Posts
ha! I love when people are bored by big planes doing low and slow...so ignorant.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:30 AM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
711 Posts
I agree, the big ones really are super fun... (to fly anyways.... transport, pay ect... not so much) and pay no attention to the sticker on the tail , This one was too good a deal to pass on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
ha! I love when people are bored by big planes doing low and slow...so ignorant.
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,222 Posts
Quote:
No kidding, usually the first question is how far away can you fly it? I can fly it until I can 't see it anymore...good enough?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:49 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Joined Apr 2009
7,707 Posts
haha, yeo I'm familiar with that one. I actually have been developing a routine to fly in front of first time spectators. it's meant to answer how high, how far away, and how fast in the first three minutes.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:52 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,305 Posts
Quote:
haha, yeo I'm familiar with that one. I actually have been developing a routine to fly in front of first time spectators. it's meant to answer how high, how far away, and how fast in the first three minutes.
That sounds like a King50 winning routine
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:54 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Joined Apr 2009
7,707 Posts
haha, yeah, the routine is cool only the pilot is lacking!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,222 Posts
Quote:
Maybe we should work up a FAQ sheet. Don't forget how much? Why is it so quiet. Did you build it(I get this one, most have seen these planes built from sticks back in the day). And of course..."can I fly it?"(mostly kids). I think I lose my smile at this point. Go back to the skate board park.

My all time favorite is I was flying my MUS with floats one day, over a pond. I guess this lady(errr person) didn't see me take off. She ask if it lands on the water. I hope so, I've had some flights with only a take off.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:07 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Joined Apr 2009
7,707 Posts
lol...the how much I just lie--this is nyc after all. no way I'm about to reveal that I'm standing around with that much bread hanging out.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:12 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,251 Posts
Quote:
...take-off and punch it straight up... I like to get the "how high?" out of the way asap
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:26 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Joined Apr 2009
7,707 Posts
yep, exactly. usually followed by a downline to blender as low as possible.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:16 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Guys, I'm thinking about getting some used Hitec 985mg servos instead of waiting another few weeks/month to save up for some new Savox 1258tg.... any opinions/advice out there?
I'm really itching to get plane finished and flying! I should have my 5320 motor from Ken by next week, and I'm ordering a ZTW 120a HV ESC.

Oh, for perspective, on my flying style for the servos, I do more high energy flying such as tumbles, spins, etc, and some basic harrier flying, but no slow rollers or super low hovers yet.

Thanks in advance!

-Gary
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Last edited by -= GYRO =-; Apr 12, 2012 at 02:21 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:18 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =- View Post
Guys, I'm thinking about getting some used Hitec 985mg servos instead of waiting another few weeks/month to save up for the Savox 1258tg.... any opinions/advice out there?

for perspective, I do more high energy flying such as tumbles, spins, etc, and some basic harrier flying, but no slow rollers or super low hovers yet.

Thanks in advance!

-Gary
I have those on my 70. Work fine. Just a lot slower. 2 planes I have the 1258tg/ds610 on the rudder/elevator only. And check out the Align ds610 on Ebay. $55 each, same servo.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:29 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,648 Posts
i'm using 985s on my 74 and they work great.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk