HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:43 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
7,004 Posts
Tracking is only one thing to look at. You need a pitch gauge.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:52 PM
Joined Oct 2012
83 Posts
i have a sr with a torqe tube tail mod i did and the heli flys amazing i like it more then my 450 great every day flyer

E-flite Blade SR with NEW Torque Tube Tail setup (2 min 32 sec)
crazyflyer92 is offline Find More Posts by crazyflyer92
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:40 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyer92 View Post
i have a sr with a torqe tube tail mod i did and the heli flys amazing i like it more then my 450 great every day flyer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNSk78AwLes
Where is the information on this mod? How much does it cost?
rpstar is offline Find More Posts by rpstar
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:01 PM
Joined Oct 2012
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpstar View Post
Where is the information on this mod? How much does it cost?
this mod is still in prototype we are still testing everything. as soon as it avable i will let you know and the cost will be around 50$
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:15 PM
Joined Aug 2012
501 Posts
With only 3 posts I'm a little skeptical, but definitely interested if it's for real.
AWDstylez is offline Find More Posts by AWDstylez
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:09 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
7,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDstylez View Post
With only 3 posts I'm a little skeptical, but definitely interested if it's for real.
There has been another option. 2 years ago, the SR was converted to belt drive tail. Someone marketed it. Here's a link to that seller.
http://www.freestyle-hobby.com/catalogue/index.php

And his video:
Blade SR Belt drive with sped up tail. First flight (1 min 10 sec)

It was the rage back then, but quickly quieted down. It seems not a lot of people wanted to spend that kind of money on a $200.00 helicopter when so many other much more refined CP helis are out there now for the same or less money.

Search this thread back about 2 years using the right terms and you'll see all the talk about it.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:27 PM
Joined Aug 2012
501 Posts
I have seen the belt conversion but as you said it's pricey and complicated. I think a simpler , cleaner shaft drive that's also cheaper might be worth the money. Believe it or not I actually like how the SR flies because it works great for circuit flying and that's all some of us do. My only annoyance is that stupid tail...
AWDstylez is offline Find More Posts by AWDstylez
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:28 AM
Joined Oct 2012
83 Posts
i had signed up years ago but ives been off rcgroups for a while so i forgot my username and password but yes this set up is for real and it is cheaper then the belt conversion. and with this set up its a fun little heli and has a soild tail!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:31 AM
Joined Oct 2012
83 Posts
E-flite Blade SR with After market NEW Torque Tube Tail setup Test Flight 2 (3 min 57 sec)

here is a better video of the sr flying
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:05 AM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyer92 View Post
here is a better video of the sr flying
Well, looks cool but I'm thinking this is a better use of the SR at $35 to convert it to a hk250:

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=455730

I'm sure this has come up in this thread before of course but figured it was worth a repost given the discussion.

Still, torque tubes are cool so good on you.
rpstar is offline Find More Posts by rpstar
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:15 AM
Joined Oct 2012
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpstar View Post
Well, looks cool but I'm thinking this is a better use of the SR at $35 to convert it to a hk250:

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=455730

I'm sure this has come up in this thread before of course but figured it was worth a repost given the discussion.

Still, torque tubes are cool so good on you.
yeah ive had the hk 250 i didnt like the why it flew
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:37 PM
St. Louis, Mo.
Joined Jun 2008
394 Posts
I was at a large swap meet last week and bought a Blade SR RTF after all I have read, I bought it anyways. It was supposedly new. I should have looked closer before I bought it but did anyway. Had to spend another $60 on parts a few days later after I looked really close to it but oh well. Have yet to attempt to fly it but I have a Spektrum DX 7 I will be using to fly it. Seeing that this is such a long forum, does anyone fly theirs with this Tx? What settings are you using for this? Can anyone post their settings or direct me where I can get the settings for this heli? Would appreciate any input. May try to hover it with the stock Tx that came with it. Just put training gear on it today. I am more of a plane guy but have several helis, this being the only CP one. Not interested in aerobatics, just pattern flying with something that has a little punch to it. My 120 SR is OK but looking for a little more than that can do. Thanks.
rwek is offline Find More Posts by rwek
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:05 PM
Vero Beach, Florida
Joined Oct 2008
223 Posts
rwek, I know this is a real late reply but your best bet for looking up that information is to use the "Search this thread" for the info. I entered "DX 7 Ptich" in search and came up with "Post 6102" that happened to be my post for the DX-7. There are a lot of opinions which is the heli for a beginner, I think the SR is a good CP to begin with, I started with the SR and still fly one when the others are down waiting for parts when I dumb thumb it.
wattflyer is offline Find More Posts by wattflyer
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:54 PM
St. Louis, Mo.
Joined Jun 2008
394 Posts
I put training gear on it recently to hover it without damaging it if things go wrong.
Didn't go too well. It was all over the place. Couldn't really say what I needed to do to trim it for an effective hover. So after two batteries through it I called it a day. Last week I decided to try it again but with the idea to go conswervative with it. I had just received two new pair of blades for it that day. When It came time to plug in the battery, it wouldn't go in, so I put a little pressure on it and all of a sudden as it made connection there was a puff of smoke that came from the connection. I looked and realized that I had plugged it in backwards, red to black, and tried to disconnect it as fast as I could. It got real hot real fast but I managed to pull it apart presst quickly. I tore one wire loose before it was all over. I couldn't believe it. I went into this session thinking that if I still couldn't make some progress I wanted to bring it down without any damage so I would then look to sell it in still very good condition. I believe I may have fried the ESC although I still don't know that for sure. I didn't see any smoke or anyhting come from it but have not taken the time to really check it out as of yet. I think I will stick to coax and fixed pitch once I do something with this. I thought that this would be a good start to cp but I doubt that I will try cp again.
rwek is offline Find More Posts by rwek
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:59 PM
Vero Beach, Florida
Joined Oct 2008
223 Posts
rwek, yes CP is a lot more intensive in many ways, a lot of people do give up, but for the ones that suceeds, it's a real kick. I recently read that over 140 registered pilots were at the heli jamboree in Muncie (AMA site) last August. That's an awful lot of pilots who are wiling to travel from points all over the world to be a part of the heli craze. It's doable, it not easy or inexpensive to learn, I'm 66 years old and would be considered by many to old to take on the heli experience, but I'd been flying about two years now and can fly a little inverted (on my other heli's) or a roll now and then. If you decide to keep at it and desire a faster reply to some of your SR questions, my e-mail direct is dbebber@yahoo,com or phone (772-778-8627 house) Don
wattflyer is offline Find More Posts by wattflyer