Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:23 AM
Find More Posts by furballll
lost in the addiction of flyin
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Dec 2009
904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelerchina View Post
without having to go through 400+ pages, can someone show me how the motor is mounted, they only have two wood stick, and manual suggest to screw motor mount to the stick.
Not knowing what motors your running yet or how they are to be mounted all I can say is what I did on mine.

I took a hole saw the same size as the center of the nacelle and made myself a mounting plate and attached the motors to a flat piece and did not use the stick style mounting.

what others have done and I like the idea more, and if I had to do it again this is how I would do it. Cut the end off the nacelle off and and fashion a firewall to it then use the piece you cut off as a cowling. Its much cleaner of a job and super easy to do, plus you can then run spinners that sit nice and tight.
furballll is offline Find More Posts by furballll
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2015, 02:36 AM
Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
Spain, Principado de Asturias, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,690 Posts
I did the same as Griphin .. calculate how far back the firewall would need to be so the motor doesnt protrude out much (or what you consider it should).. cut the nacelle front part.. hollow the front end ... glue firewall to the back.. screw the motor in and install wires and then i just use 3 drops of hot glue to hold the front couling in place

I also cutted down the motor shaft so the spinner would be right close to the motor.. therwise its quite far

end result:

JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
Old Mar 30, 2015, 04:59 AM
Find More Posts by lthibault
Luc
Joined Dec 2004
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelerchina View Post
without having to go through 400+ pages, can someone show me how the motor is mounted, they only have two wood stick, and manual suggest to screw motor mount to the stick.
In my case I discarded the sticks, used round plywood pieces epoxyed in the motor areas.
lthibault is offline Find More Posts by lthibault
Old May 24, 2015, 11:43 AM
Find More Posts by JCN52
Malaysia, Perak, Ipoh
Joined Sep 2008
1 Posts
The manual I have does not have any sugested control throws can anyone advise please.
JCN52 is offline Find More Posts by JCN52
Old May 24, 2015, 03:06 PM
Find More Posts by idletime
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,790 Posts
@ JLT_GTI

Which spinners are those?? Do you have a link?

PS nice job!
idletime is online now Find More Posts by idletime
Old May 24, 2015, 04:37 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCN52 View Post
The manual I have does not have any sugested control throws can anyone advise please.
I just maxed them all.. max possible throws without having the servos "protest" .. it goes nice and flies very scale.. i have done rolls and loops with it but its a plane that doesnt ask for those anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by idletime View Post
@ JLT_GTI

Which spinners are those?? Do you have a link?

PS nice job!
They are the 3-blade prop spinners that came with my kit...

the kit actually had 3 blade 8X4X3 props (they are still arround in some box) .. but i bought a set of MasterAirScrews 8X6X3 and use the collet adaptor that came with the motors (2830 1100Kv) with the spinner and so far worked perfectly

As far as i seen there are several diferent kits out there even with the same "yellow" Scooper .. i seen kits with 2 blade props, 3 bladed props.. 2 and 3 bladed spinners and some with aparent no spinners at all

Last edited by JLT_GTI; May 24, 2015 at 04:43 PM.
Old May 29, 2015, 05:27 AM
Find More Posts by G.Roman
Joined May 2015
1 Posts
GoPro HERO3: FPV Canadair CL-415 Malaysia HobbyKing (4 min 44 sec)
G.Roman is offline Find More Posts by G.Roman
Old Jul 15, 2015, 07:10 AM
Find More Posts by sozi81_ita
Joined Dec 2010
132 Posts
Hi everyone.
Just wondering if you can suggest a nice pair of propeller for my Canadair CL 415 HK - flying at the moment of Ionian Coast, Crotone - Calabria - Italy.

I've lost a propeller...which one to buy? On hobbyking website I can't understand if the set they sell are CCW and CW or just one side. Do you?

Can you confirm, please, I necessitate of 1 CCW and 1 CW 8x3.8 SF? Sorry for the stupid question but It's been a long time I am not flying.

Can you suggest to me also the 8x6x3 master airscrew , should i buy the pusher one and the g/F one?
don't they hit the water?
sozi81_ita is offline Find More Posts by sozi81_ita
Last edited by sozi81_ita; Jul 15, 2015 at 07:22 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 09:20 AM
Find More Posts by Griphin
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
2,595 Posts
The 8" props don't hit the surface.
I built my 415 from a old ARF kit with different motors to the RTF which I guess you have. I use the counter clockwise and a standard MAS prop you mentioned but I haven't tried off water.
Griphin is online now Find More Posts by Griphin
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:52 AM
Joined Jun 2010
2,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sozi81_ita View Post
Can you suggest to me also the 8x6x3 master airscrew , should i buy the pusher one and the g/F one?
don't they hit the water?
Im using the MasterAirscrew 8X6X3 with 1100kv motors and so far im happy with them... the Scooper cruises nice and scale at 50% throotle and take offs from grass are fast and very short when using full power

still havent tried it in water tought
Old Jul 15, 2015, 04:17 PM
Find More Posts by xairflyer
Bleriot's R Us
Ireland, Donegal
Joined Nov 2003
1,403 Posts
I flew one tonight fitted with the 2822 1450kv motors which had 7x4.5 three blader and very low in power, tried two 9x4.7 2 blade SF and had loads of power but tended to pick up a lot of water spray on takeoff so we are going to try some 8" next time
xairflyer is offline Find More Posts by xairflyer
Old Jul 15, 2015, 10:18 PM
Find More Posts by Griphin
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
2,595 Posts
Im using Turnigy D2826 1400kv motors and MAS 8x6x3 no problem. It's got some war power to get out of trouble too.
Griphin is online now Find More Posts by Griphin
Old Jul 16, 2015, 04:04 AM
Joined Jun 2010
2,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xairflyer View Post
I flew one tonight fitted with the 2822 1450kv motors which had 7x4.5 three blader and very low in power, tried two 9x4.7 2 blade SF and had loads of power but tended to pick up a lot of water spray on takeoff so we are going to try some 8" next time
In this sizes usually using a 3 blade instead of a 2 blade is like going 1 size up im diameter in terms of thrust.. only that it wont be as efficient (the most efficient would be a single blade) . but this is not a racer ..is a scale flying boat..

so going to a 3 blade 8" instead of a 9" 2 blade makes sense..

Actually thats why planes have multiblade props... their sizes wouldnt be practical and actually going more diameter makes the tips spin faster and the limit there is the blade going supersonic
Old Jul 16, 2015, 05:30 AM
Find More Posts by xairflyer
Bleriot's R Us
Ireland, Donegal
Joined Nov 2003
1,403 Posts
Yes that was the problem this motor would suit a 8x4-6 2blade so along with going down on diameter you also need to go up on pitch when fitting a 3 blade a 7x5-6 would work much better than the prop tried which was really only a light slow fly type.
xairflyer is offline Find More Posts by xairflyer
Old Jul 16, 2015, 01:59 PM
Find More Posts by sozi81_ita
Joined Dec 2010
132 Posts
Thanks everybody.
I've the standard preset motors:

2 x 24/2210 1400-1500kv Motors

So I think they will be okay!

thanks
sozi81_ita is offline Find More Posts by sozi81_ita