SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:42 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Jun 2008
4,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopeaddict View Post
The secret to a great flying Mamba is putting the ailerons on backwards. Wider end closer to the tail narrow end closer to the wing tip...right Jeff
He he he Fabio !!!!!!!! you know what I said !!!!

Rubio
Its so nice to know the guys we have here, that we can go to them for help. Speaking of that I just PM ed Tom on a question on the M60 and in seconds I had an answer Thanks again Tom !!!!
Dick J is offline Find More Posts by Dick J
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:43 PM
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jul 2009
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tctnln View Post
Thanx 4 posting the video Tommy!!!!! The Radian dueling is some of the most fun I have with this Great Hobby !!!
SOS-TopGunsBro is offline Find More Posts by SOS-TopGunsBro
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:44 PM
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jul 2009
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67econoline View Post
Hi guys
I stayed home. Felt a little funky after last nights Beer BBQ and blues session.
Note to self. Never go beer for beer with Scott Sapp.
Got some plane work done.
Finished the clear on the P-51.
Made a new Stab for the zephyr.
The other one was warped from bad wood. Test fit it up . Reslotted the hinges. I will set that tomorrow.
Then move on the Bondo.
Waves picked up. Headed to sano for another sunset surf. Yes the water is cold but the waves were incredible.
I posted these other places. But for those that haven't seem them here is the Dutchess Arlene.
I'm not totally happy but it's done.
I am just looking for my work to improve. I think it did. Next time I will make it better.

Attachment 5466292Attachment 5466293Attachment 5466294Attachment 5466295Attachment 5466296

Rubio
Very nice work Rubio!!! I can't wait to see it fly soon......
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:53 PM
Livin ...The Endless Summer
United States, CA, San Juan Capistrano
Joined May 2011
7,351 Posts
Quote:
Hey Dick, all of the ball numbers are in and, just the way we agreed, look at the tail for the winning ball!!!! Nice to see everyone up there.
Super Deluxe Fabio

Another great lookin plane

Craig thanks
You were the first one to help me
Thank you
Rubio
67econoline is offline Find More Posts by 67econoline
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:09 AM
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jul 2009
112 Posts
My pleasure Rubio.......I hope we can fly together soon.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:27 AM
Silent Flight
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Fabio I have no clue where you pulled the billiard design out of but I love it. What were your final specs? AUW and CG.

Rubio, you say you aren't happy with it but just out of the threads I've seen you've at least posted it in three different ones! I can see a bit of pride shinning through and you should be. That's one killer machine you've built and she looks sexy as heck. Keep up the good work! Your vibe is contagious!

-Jonathan
Who's curious if Rubio got some Chaos or not
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:29 AM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,528 Posts
You guys are the best!
TRISME is offline Find More Posts by TRISME
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:34 AM
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,528 Posts
I was just in the garage trying to spruce up what I believe is a 2m Apex by Brian McClean, It's a 2pc wing version and was the bigger badder version of the Vindicator.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:37 AM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Jun 2008
4,646 Posts
Look out skies Tom is on the loose !!!!
Dick J is offline Find More Posts by Dick J
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:04 AM
United States, CA, Trabuco Canyon
Joined Aug 2008
1,502 Posts
Rubio

Great work, you are impressive
Rick T. is offline Find More Posts by Rick T.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:28 AM
Dang!....What else did I bring
Orange County, S. Cal
Joined Oct 2009
1,024 Posts
Quote:
The secret to a great flying Mamba is putting the ailerons on backwards. Wider end closer to the tail narrow end closer to the wing tip...right Jeff
I don't know your talking about? Who would build a simple plane like this...wrong? Don't tie me up with the less then Einstein type!

But I have to say... It may be a stroke of genious they can't understand.
Glad to see how well it came out Fabios... &'Rubio...dude, I can't believe how nive that looks! In fact...the only problem I see with it is... I would hate to be the first to put a scratch on her!!! That is over the top. :

Tom...I,have your Shappell card in my tool box...next time I see you, remind me!

Thanks Dick for once again getting me off the couch! Good day of flying even though it was light...and I did finally get the M60 dialed it...made me get the Mamba fixed too!
oletimer is offline Find More Posts by oletimer
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:41 AM
It was a radio hit...I swear!
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Jun 2008
631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twyl View Post
Fabio I have no clue where you pulled the billiard design out of but I love it. What were your final specs? AUW and CG
Hey Jonathan, long time no see. Hope all is well with you and family. AUW is around 25-26 Oz.. At least that is what me and Dick were guessing. It can't be much more than that. CG is right where it should be - between 6 and 1/2 and 6 and 5/8. At times today I think I was up with probably 5 to 6 wind speed and I was still able to pull off miniature pumps . The pool table scheme is something I have always wanted to do so since this is a fun flyer I said "why not?" - so there it is. Just watch out for that eight ball in the sky Hope to see you soon out there.
slopeaddict is offline Find More Posts by slopeaddict
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:19 AM
Silent Flight
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Hey Jonathan, long time no see. Hope all is well with you and family. AUW is around 25-26 Oz.. At least that is what me and Dick were guessing. It can't be much more than that. CG is right where it should be - between 6 and 1/2 and 6 and 5/8. At times today I think I was up with probably 5 to 6 wind speed and I was still able to pull off miniature pumps . The pool table scheme is something I have always wanted to do so since this is a fun flyer I said "why not?" - so there it is. Just watch out for that eight ball in the sky Hope to see you soon out there.
Very cool. I'm dieing to get out to Shappel and hang with you guys, just haven't had a weekend to call my own for the past couple weeks (months?). I'm pretty sure I'll have next Saturday though, although I could have sworn I said that this week too. Tough to pin it down, but it looks like well get another good westerly in then too.

Speaking of Shappel cards, I noticed they typo'd my AMA number wrong by 1 digit. Not a huge deal I guess but wonder if they'd reissue me one via mail as I doubt I'll likely be able to swing by in person during working hours again.

-Jonathan
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:01 AM
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,528 Posts
Jonathon, I'm sure they will.
Tom
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:00 AM
DWA