Old Aug 14, 2015, 05:45 PM
Find More Posts by 6KillaBC
DareDevil
Australia, VIC, Windsor
Joined Jul 2015
371 Posts
Help!
I'm a NOOB PLEASE HELP ME!

Hi everyone, i'm the over-enthused fanboy newb you may have all heard about.

Well here are some more NEWB questions from me, so feel free to flame...i mean help me all you can ok?

Question #1-In regards to the radio transmitter, is the left stick for throttle, or is it the right stick?

#2-Instead of running a lipo, can i just run a pack of AA batteries to save on weight?
Or could i just grab the batteres from my smoke alarms and use them? I heard they might last longer and will give me longer flight time?

#3-Instead of using goggles for fpv, can i just use my large 80" LCD tv and take that to meets and just drape a very large black sheet over me, for i'm sure it would be way more immersive?

#4-Instead of running LED lights, can i mount a torch on the front and rear so i can light up the whole car park and maybe have a disco ball spinning underneath? Although i'm sure that would not appeal to people who like to have a beer or two before they fly, hence an alcoholic? If so please bring sunglasses to next meet.

#5-Here's the BIG ONE! VTx! What does a VTx do? If it transmits video feed then whoa for REAL? How does it do that? Introverted...meaning people with their heads up their own arse need not reply here! Cos you know, i wouldn't want to put you out of your comfort zone you know what you mean? Face palm yourself all you want, or better yet, grab your next tinnie and smack yourself in the head with it.

-Can i run 4xCastle Creations 2200kv motors with 4x Mamba Monster esc's with 13" props instead on my 250mm quad frame? I want to go REALLY fast and high so no one can catch me.

Thank you for helping this over-enthused fanboy, i really appreciate it you guys putting up with my newb questions, even though this is a forum and i see posts from others with just 1 post to their names, i did wait awhile until i asked for help and did all the research i possibly could, but as you all know...its the little things that can be hard to figure out you know?

Oh and even though i started this thread, i'll make sure i wont see it through to the end...
6KillaBC is offline Find More Posts by 6KillaBC
Last edited by 6KillaBC; Aug 15, 2015 at 07:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2015, 06:33 PM
Find More Posts by dave steffan
Joined Aug 2012
69 Posts
dave steffan is offline Find More Posts by dave steffan
Last edited by dave steffan; Aug 14, 2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 07:01 PM
Find More Posts by Au_Wozza
Australia, SA, Elizabeth Downs
Joined Mar 2007
1,192 Posts
Oh my is it Troll season already.....how time fly's
Au_Wozza is offline Find More Posts by Au_Wozza
Old Aug 14, 2015, 08:00 PM
Find More Posts by Tonystott
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,283 Posts
I was hoping for something amusing... oh well
Tonystott is offline Find More Posts by Tonystott
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:43 PM
Find More Posts by AussieNewbie
A regular at PP
Joined Jan 2013
529 Posts
Mate, I'd have expected a few questions about the fundamentals of photography so that your event photos might turn out a bit better. I even heard that there are people into RC who've also got good results from camera before!
AussieNewbie is offline Find More Posts by AussieNewbie
Old Aug 15, 2015, 02:49 AM
DareDevil
Australia, VIC, Windsor
Joined Jul 2015
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonystott View Post
I was hoping for something amusing... oh well
This thread wasn't meant to be amusing, they are all serious questions?

AussieNewbie-
Why would i ask you about fundamentals about photography if you knock me down about hooking up a VTx...therefore you have just been the newly elected camera man for all future meets so you can put your money where your mouth is.

Looking forward to your pics mate, hope you blow us all away with some excellent shots for i sure as hell can't do it.

I'm just an over-enthused fan boy newb remember?
Last edited by 6KillaBC; Aug 15, 2015 at 02:56 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 03:18 AM
Find More Posts by _AL_
Slow builder
Australia, NSW, Hornsby
Joined Jul 2005
1,412 Posts
Wow. Drunk at 8:45 am. Impressive.

Al
_AL_ is offline Find More Posts by _AL_
Old Aug 15, 2015, 03:31 AM
Find More Posts by AussieNewbie
A regular at PP
Joined Jan 2013
529 Posts
_AL_ #tellMeAboutIt - looks like our mate 6Killa's idea of breakfast comes in liquid 6-pack form.
AussieNewbie is offline Find More Posts by AussieNewbie
Old Aug 15, 2015, 03:43 AM
DareDevil
Australia, VIC, Windsor
Joined Jul 2015
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieNewbie View Post
_AL_ #tellMeAboutIt - looks like our mate 6Killa's idea of breakfast comes in liquid 6-pack form.
Ha ha very funny.

But no i'm one healthy newb.

Its dinner time now...so who's really drunk here and can't tell what time it is?
Last edited by 6KillaBC; Aug 15, 2015 at 03:52 AM.