New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:27 PM
Find More Posts by olivdudu
olivier
Dinan ,Brittany ,France
Joined Jun 2007
1,600 Posts
Gallery
Oyster and mussel farming, incoming tide, Fort Lalatte a stronghold on the cliff

Hello Mates

here are a few pictures of flights I did yesterday. At least, a fine day, with just enough wind to have pleasant flying conditions. Here is Fort Lalatte, a stronghold built in 1340 by Etienne Guyon the warlord of Matignon. This man was the ancestor of the "Monaco" family (the tax haven, between France and Italy) but today, the castle has nothing related to them. This is also the place where Richer Fleisher's Viking movie was shot, with Kirk Douglas and Tony Curtis…In fact, this kind of stronghold did not exist at the Viking era

in the vincinity of Fort Lalatte: the Cape Frehel

in the background: St Cast and Ebihen archipelago, the place where the next pictures were shot.

oyster farming

incoming tide

sands and tide

I post more pictures on my facebook page

cheers!

oliv'
olivdudu is offline Find More Posts by olivdudu
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:33 PM
Find More Posts by Zarzaglub
Frenchie in ze USA.
United States, MA, Boston
Joined May 2011
38 Posts
We tried to visit Fort Lalatte last year but unfortunately it was closed, so I couldn't even have a look at it. "The Vikings" has always been one of my favorite movies. Ah, the drakkars shots in the Norwegian fjords, the attack scene on the drawbridge, and the final duel on top of the tower. Damn. So beautiful. Thanks for these amazing pictures !!

Frenchie.
Zarzaglub is offline Find More Posts by Zarzaglub
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:02 PM
Find More Posts by samwei1950
DIY Mania from Taiwan
Taiwan
Joined Aug 2011
2,139 Posts
Great views on the paradise,loved the pics
you always know when to take the shots
best regards
Sam
samwei1950 is online now Find More Posts by samwei1950
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:54 AM
Find More Posts by guyg
Israel, Ness Ziona
Joined Sep 2004
4,741 Posts
Very nice oliv'

Looking Great..
Guy
guyg is offline Find More Posts by guyg
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:16 PM
Find More Posts by EyP3
Norbert
Graz, Austria
Joined Feb 2006
1,581 Posts
Beautiful. I like the wide view towards St Cast and Ebihen archipelago most.
Looks like the plane was pretty far away from shore?
Cheers,
Norbert

Btw. what did you have with the mussels?
EyP3 is offline Find More Posts by EyP3
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:59 PM
Find More Posts by quailbird
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,409 Posts
Boy! you did have a wonderful day! gorgeous photos and a great history lesson!
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:21 AM
Find More Posts by GliderGuideMan
Kite flying SCRAPS member
Hampshire, UK
Joined Apr 2004
1,015 Posts
Lovely shots as always Olivier

There is clearly always a lot of thought that goes into the composition of your photos, with structures and shapes leading your eyes though the picture.

Cheers
DaveB...>
GliderGuideMan is offline Find More Posts by GliderGuideMan
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:19 PM
Find More Posts by Gray
Smile & wave
Lancing West Sussex
Joined Jun 2005
3,458 Posts
Nice
Gray is offline Find More Posts by Gray
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:23 PM
Find More Posts by Bearded Flyer
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Apr 2005
924 Posts
Great shots as always Olivier

but (and I may get shot down for this sacrilege)

They do not appear as sharp or vibrant as some of your photos earlier in the year. I assume that this is due to the days being shorter and the angle of the sun lower.
Have you changed your camera or post processing technique or has RCGroups photo compression changed?

But they are still a lot better than I normally take

Keep up the good work

Richard
Bearded Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Bearded Flyer
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:04 PM
Find More Posts by sparklet
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,946 Posts
Nice shots, great scenery and.... is that sunshine I see ?
sparklet is offline Find More Posts by sparklet
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:31 AM
olivier
Dinan ,Brittany ,France
Joined Jun 2007
1,600 Posts
Thank you Mates for your kind comments

Richard, you have a sharp eye and you are perfectly right: I am testing Aperture software, it pleases me well, better than lightroom in many circumstances, but not so good for sharpeness processing and the high lights process…I can't make up my mind: the colour process is more pleasant with Aperture, but sorting the pictures and sharping them is much easier and effective on Lightroom

Sparklet: YES that is shunshine, but don't bother, since then it is a greyish and dull sky all over Brittany…never seen such a rotten year we get at least 5 days weather for olnly one bright day. We were told here, on late august that autumn would be "brilliant"…no comment, it was as bad as summer and spring…

Norbert: with the mussels that time: cooked "à la Normande" with cider, bacon strips and cream…yum yum!! and it cost nothing

Frenchie: the place is often closed, off season except during the week end, the main way is closed with a gate, but I think we can reach the place by the mean of the hiking trail along the cliff (but not sure) I will have a try next time, for I could land on the moor in front off the castle, it is not as thick as in the remain of the place, or I could try to fly from the beach on the eastern side at ebb if there is absolutely no wind. I would be very near of the castle and I could get fine pictures
The viking movie is very well known in the area, for many young locals, extra-players are now old people…a friend of mine has recognized his grand mother in the movie…she was 20 at the time

cheers!!

oliv'
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:28 PM
Find More Posts by GliderGuideMan
Kite flying SCRAPS member
Hampshire, UK
Joined Apr 2004
1,015 Posts
Olivier the castle would be a perfect target for your rebuilt Tricopter and new Askman camera mount
GliderGuideMan is offline Find More Posts by GliderGuideMan
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:59 PM
olivier
Dinan ,Brittany ,France
Joined Jun 2007
1,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderGuideMan View Post
Olivier the castle would be a perfect target for your rebuilt Tricopter and new Askman camera mount
It will be This is my winter aim: having a "tip-top" tuned tricopter for 2013 season , thanks to Terry and Asksmann
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:58 PM
Find More Posts by Bearded Flyer
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Apr 2005
924 Posts
It is not just my old eyes playing tricks then.

The colours using Aperture appear more 'normal' however the Lightroom ones have more impact. I prefer the sharpness of the Lightroom processed photos as I do like photos 'pin sharp'.

Is it possible to subdue the colours a bit in Lightroom but retain the sharpness?

Richard
Bearded Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Bearded Flyer
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:45 AM
olivier
Dinan ,Brittany ,France
Joined Jun 2007
1,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Flyer View Post
It is not just my old eyes playing tricks then.

The colours using Aperture appear more 'normal' however the Lightroom ones have more impact. I prefer the sharpness of the Lightroom processed photos as I do like photos 'pin sharp'.

Is it possible to subdue the colours a bit in Lightroom but retain the sharpness?

Richard

Hello Richard

I have made up my mind: I will keep going on with lightroom because the way to deal with the favourites, to export the pictures, to sharpen them and to set the highlights is easier for me, and learning how to use Aperture correctly will take me too much time… I think the 2 softwares are very very close to each other and it is better to improve LR than "loosing" time re-learning another stuff

cheers!

oliv'