HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:14 PM
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,865 Posts
the results of not turning on the house heat , but plugging in the heated pad,,( don't think it work will in washington nobody even knows if polliticians are warm blooded)
tghsmith is offline Find More Posts by tghsmith
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:05 PM
some what irregular
Diamond Bar, California
Joined Feb 2004
1,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tghsmith View Post
the results of not turning on the house heat , but plugging in the heated pad,,( don't think it work will in washington nobody even knows if polliticians are warm blooded)
cold blooded would work better on the mat, {think snakes sunning on a hot rock, pet stores sell them for pet snakes, lizards etc.} and YEAH cold blooded Politicians it WOULD work well
dostacos is offline Find More Posts by dostacos
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:00 PM
Taking care of the pond.
United States, CA, Sanger
Joined Apr 2004
7,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot View Post
Butt buddies!
Like.
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:02 PM
Taking care of the pond.
United States, CA, Sanger
Joined Apr 2004
7,372 Posts
Would you two just get a room.
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:28 AM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot View Post
Butt buddies!
Talk about spoiled rotten. That is so cute. pete
norgale is offline Find More Posts by norgale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:36 AM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,729 Posts
last night I was clipping Cinders toe ails and I got one too close to the quick while she was fighting me. Of course it started to bleed a bit but I didn't think anything of it until I spoteed the blood trail in my carpet. I bandaged the foot twice and she tore off the bandage both times. So I figured she would take care of it herself and I went to bed. This morning when I got up and went to the living room the carpet looked like the site of the chainsaw massacre. There was blood every place she stepped all night long and it isn't coming out.
However Cinder is fine this morning and the bleeding has stopped and she is fit as a fiddle. Now I'm wondering if my insurance will cover the carpet replacement as that's what it's looking like at the moment.What a mess.
So don't clip those nails too close guys. Could really cost ya. Pete
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:06 AM
United States, PA, Quakertown
Joined Jan 2012
1,591 Posts
Glad CINDER is OK.
It seems like CINDER owes you one,maybe just a small skin penetrating bite across the thumb joint.
This may serve notice that the poor "dumb" animal was trying to tell her "smart" human that he was not qualified.

But on the more serious side:
Pete, we all know how it must hurt you to injure your companion.You might look into purchasing a nail grinder.The nail grinder is much like a DREMEL,with a guard, just for trimming pet nails.The guard keeps you from trimming too close.
We don't have one,but I've seen them.
( Sir TANK gets his "work" done at Pet Smart ) I'm not qualified.

OBW
oldbilgewater is offline Find More Posts by oldbilgewater
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:18 PM
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,865 Posts
pete, you got it easy only 18-20 to trim and dogs are so much more forgiving, 26 on the yeti monster, 18 each on the other three in the house, smokey outside gets to keep his points(I get to keep my blood in my veins) try some oxy stuff, it works great on organic stains, but you might have to do the entire room because it will leave clean spots.. time for the rug doctor anyways..
tghsmith is offline Find More Posts by tghsmith
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:46 PM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
9,198 Posts
Keep hands and feet clear !

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbilgewater View Post
( Sir TANK gets his "work" done at Pet Smart ) I'm not qualified.

OBW

We have to go to the zoo for this dangerous task ...
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:50 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,995 Posts
My dogs nails are black, so it is really difficult to know where the quick is. I nipped it once, and that was a bummer. Now, I just cut the very point off, just a smidgen. I do not try to 'trim' the nails like you would do to yourself, by cutting them way back.

I have seen that Dremel idea and I like it. In the mean time I use my wifes old emory boards as well as some 280 grit wet/dry and finish up by sanding the nail tips for a while. Costs lots of dog treats to get cooperation.
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:31 PM
太刀風
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jan 2003
1,104 Posts
We are trimming cat nails why?
Tachikaze is online now Find More Posts by Tachikaze
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:47 PM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
9,198 Posts
Mr. Cat is not allowed outdoors ( small dogs and kids turn up missing ), his nails do not get the normal "wear" that outdoor animals do.

If allowed to grow very long, they catch in the carpet ( he can pull hard and hurt himself ), when he cleans his face with front paws after eating the longs dew claws can cut/scrape the eye lid, better for all if maintained.

The trimming is carefully done.
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:29 PM
太刀風
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jan 2003
1,104 Posts
He needs a cat climbie uppie thing.
Tachikaze is online now Find More Posts by Tachikaze
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:49 PM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,729 Posts
I've been trimming my dogs nails for thirty years and have never once hit into the quick. This time she was not cooperating and pushed her foot out just when i was going to clip the nail. In doing that she pushed her nail into the clipper a bit too far just when I squeezed the handles and I just nicked the quick. I never saw so much blood in my life but it came out very slow over a period of time. She's ok now. No doubt that toe is a bit sore but she will live.
Actually your supposed to cut the nails from under the paw at a 45 degree angle to the paw. However with the dew claws you have to just guess at it.I was ok till she moved her leg. Live and learn. pete
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:34 AM
Boats on the brain!!
Arnold, Mo.
Joined Jul 2005
4,613 Posts
If you don't have any Quik Stop then dab some flour on the nail to stop the bleeding.
green-boat is offline Find More Posts by green-boat