HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by GreenAce92_v2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 07, 2013, 01:13 AM
Euphoric flights
United States, NY, Fredonia
Joined Aug 2011
583 Posts
Discussion
What problems do you see with the idea of creating and selling foam-core blades?

The title character limit didn't allow me to fully state my title :

What problems do you see with the idea of creating and selling foam-core blades for private power generation turbine use?

I came across this image of a modern day turboprop - propeller and the description says that the propeller is composed of polyurethane and carbon fiber.

It wouldn't be fair to say that a person could achieve that kind of performance but assuming you know the basics of airfoils and you can hot wire cut, even in sections... As a personal hobby / income is it worth pursuing?

I think I can already say no in terms of -mass production-

Still, the idea of producing energy and selling it seems interesting. It's "free money" excluding start up cost.
GreenAce92_v2 is offline Find More Posts by GreenAce92_v2