SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio

RTL Fasteners

The advent of mail order fasteners has changed the game.

Splash

Why are so many model builders buying their fasteners by mail?

From RTL Fasteners:

Not long ago there were few options. You went to the store and hoped that they had a particular size screw so that you could finish your RC project. Sometimes they had what you were looking for and sometimes they didn’t. Then along came RTL Fasteners and changed all of that. Now a large number of hobbyists are buying their hardware mail-order....and here’s why:

• We offer only high quality hardware.....Able to take the stress of engine powered RC aircraft.

• Hard to find items are always available.

• Specializing in fasteners allows our company to pass along huge savings to you.

• It’s super convenient. You can shop from the privacy of your own home.

• Fasteners are packaged in more logical quantities….. 4 screws are often not enough!

• It’s the best way to purchase a wide variety of hardware including model building fastener assortments.

• RTL Fasteners is the home of the “Master Builder Assortment “.

• Shipping is fast and reasonably priced.

Our company is well known and respected throughout the RC community. We have been in business for over a decade and are committed to providing excellent quality hardware at affordable prices. Check us out online and see why your fellow RC pilots are choosing to purchase their hardware by mail from the trusted source.....”RTLFASTENERS.COM

Discussion

Old Mar 21, 2013, 02:57 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,427 Posts
They have some good stuff...problem is I want it all
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:03 PM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,517 Posts
I have these. My problem is I use some of the sizes more than others, and I need to order some replacements. Good product, nice organization trays. Wish they came with pre-printed adhesive labels (they may now, mine didn't).
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:15 AM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
2,760 Posts
I bought a small hand held Dymo label writer. Makes adding labels to bins, organizers and file folders quick and easy.
ltc is online now Find More Posts by ltc
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:20 PM
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,818 Posts
+1 on the Dymo writers. I have ADD & CRS and I'd be lost in the shop without my Dymo labeler. I got started a long time ago with Micro Fasteners as opposed to RTL, but I have never heard ANYTHING but good stuff about both companies. Sure beats buying the little packs at the LHS or hardware stores IF you can find what you need there!
JohnsPop is offline Find More Posts by JohnsPop
Old Mar 26, 2013, 06:23 PM
Shoreline, WA
Joined May 2004
367 Posts
My wife and I have a lot of stuff and getting reasonable presents is difficult. I saw the RTL ad and thought it might be handy - sometime. It was a Christmas present for me a couple of years ago. Well, you don't need it until you need it and this set has been VERY handy and I recommend it.

Richard S
LSF226 is offline Find More Posts by LSF226
Old Mar 26, 2013, 06:33 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,427 Posts
They also have larger Metric sets:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1706932
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 13, 2014, 04:18 PM
Joined Apr 2014
3 Posts
Very professional staff, who responded to my emails quite promptly. I guess what Im saying is you should give Tamara a raise.

Ricky
Star Talk is offline Find More Posts by Star Talk
Old Jun 13, 2014, 08:55 PM
United States, TX, Leander
Joined Sep 2003
2,807 Posts
And fast delivery. I have my size assortment figured out after 20 years. So I order in bulk usually once a year. More often when I need something unusual.
Edwin
edwin1 is online now Find More Posts by edwin1
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:43 PM
Art Schmitz
United States, TN, Crossville
Joined Jan 2012
392 Posts
One of the premier vendors ! Top quality , fair price, fast shipping.
lindart is offline Find More Posts by lindart
Old Jun 14, 2014, 09:33 AM
The Junk Man
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Jul 2006
1,678 Posts
Great company to deal with

I have ordered a bunch for them lately. Really great specials running these last couple of months on their large assortments. Fast shipping too.

I talked to them about the only thing they are missing... some really high quality taps and dies for these small dimension bolts in both SAE and Metric. They said they were looking but evidently could not find a source.

Tom

PS: If anyone DOES know a source for good taps and dies in these small SAE and Metric sizes, pipe up now.
T_om is online now Find More Posts by T_om
Old Jun 14, 2014, 09:41 AM
United States, TX, Leander
Joined Sep 2003
2,807 Posts
I get mine from Enco, also my other machine tool supplies. Not high quality, but good enough for the hobbiest.
Edwin
edwin1 is online now Find More Posts by edwin1
Old Jun 14, 2014, 09:44 AM
The Junk Man
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Jul 2006
1,678 Posts
Yeah, I use ENCO too... but as you said, some of their stuff is, well, crap. Their end mills are generally pretty good though. I have used them for years in my woodworking shop for my mortising machine and in my plunge routers.

Tom
T_om is online now Find More Posts by T_om
Old Nov 26, 2014, 03:05 PM
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Dec 2006
1,690 Posts
E/Z Connectors Nylon Keepers

I have a ton of E/Z connectors but not the retention hardware that usually comprises of a steel star washer and a nylon keeper. I need both. Where can I get this hardware. Bear in mind I do not need the connector itself, I have plenty of those.
Chip01 is online now Find More Posts by Chip01
Old Nov 26, 2014, 03:32 PM
Illegitimi non carborundum
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2011
1,510 Posts
I got the metric and SAE master builder assortments for Christmas last year- thank you, dear wife! Awesome stuff. It's so nice to have it all at hand.
grosbeak is online now Find More Posts by grosbeak