Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:27 PM
Look out! The lever!
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Feb 2005
2,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
Have you guys tried the Imersion EZOSD? the price is cheap and it works well
I understand that it's a good unit. I need (want ) another system for my quad now so I may just get one.
bobthenuke is offline Find More Posts by bobthenuke
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:36 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob the nuke View Post
I understand that it's a good unit. I need (want ) another system for my quad now so I may just get one.
I own the Immersion EZOSD myself. and it works without a glitch!. I removed it from my Quadcopter however as I found little use for a OSD in a quadcopter. I have the FriSky system and that gives me real time battery condition. I put my EZOSD on the closet shelf as someday I may buy a glider or some kind of airplane I feel the OSD is much more useful in a long distance glider than a quad.
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:49 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Lets have a closer look at this disputed lipo! I still cant see where it says 3cell anywhere on the lable.
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:49 PM
Relax, have a Cub
College Place, WA.
Joined Apr 2004
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Gary! I do like good advice from the well informed!. I guess I could be wrong about the battery being a 4 cell. Lets do a little test just to make sure. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDBY8...ature=youtu.be
It checks out as a 4s by the voltage readings. 4.0 means it is a 4000mah capacity.
When you record your vids for closeup, you should either back off on the distance from your subject or set the camera for macro. The focus on your vids is so fuzzy, it's impossible to see the numbers. The vid in this post was the best one you posted.
mewert is online now Find More Posts by mewert
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:58 PM
Relax, have a Cub
College Place, WA.
Joined Apr 2004
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Lets have a closer look at this disputed lipo! I still cant see where it says 3cell anywhere on the lable.
There, thats a good clear shot. Those batteries usually have the little white dot marked by the voltage. In your video, I thought it looked like 3S - 70C discharge on the middle of the label.
mewert is online now Find More Posts by mewert
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:04 PM
Lt Col, USAF, Retired
United States, IL, Swansea
Joined Jan 2010
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewert View Post
There, thats a good clear shot. Those batteries usually have the little white dot marked by the voltage. In your video, I thought it looked like 3S - 70C discharge on the middle of the label.
Not 3S-70. 35-70C
kc10kevin is offline Find More Posts by kc10kevin
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:08 PM
Lt Col, USAF, Retired
United States, IL, Swansea
Joined Jan 2010
288 Posts
Gold.

It's a 4s battery. \Check the discussion on the HK site concerning this item:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...r_FLVS_01.html

May help out a bit.
kc10kevin is offline Find More Posts by kc10kevin
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:52 PM
Amateur photographer
Finland, Pirkanmaa, TRE
Joined Nov 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I am not sure but I think the recommendation was to run the servos off a separate BEC. This is what I have always done. I just run the signal wire to the Naza.
Ok, thanks!

Got to steal one CC BEC (10A) from my RC cars to the hexacopter then... .
tomikulmala is offline Find More Posts by tomikulmala
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:31 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Yeah, the ET is definitely better, just can't afford to purchase more than one, though maybe in the long run it would have been worth it. I still can't get the Skylark software to work at all. I can't even get the units into English units which I prefer. Drives me nuts. I have had no problem with the ET system at all.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:10 PM
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Quote:
GW,
long story short, your LiPo reader is defective, and can't read more than 3S. It works fine for 3S, but can't read the fourth one. If you have 5s I think it will still read only three of them.

Get a new one, or a better one.
pajonate is offline Find More Posts by pajonate
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:20 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,492 Posts
Some friends have the HK Cellmeter-7 ($7.61) which works well and it looks identical to the Hyperion Sentry V2 ($23) and the ProTek iChecker 2.0 ($25).

I have the Hyperion and love it.
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Zeta FX-61 Phantom FPV Wing
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:37 PM
Look out! The lever!
Joined Feb 2005
2,625 Posts
Quality of nono-tech?

Thought I should bring this up:

I've been purchasing these since they came out but am beginning to have serious doubts as their being any better (or even as good) as Turnigy Blue or Zippys.

I've recently conducted an empirical test of overall efficiency on my older Suppo motors vs. the new 800kV SunnySky and couldn't help but notice the voltage drop vs. current draw exhibited by the nano-techs in either case - just doesn't add up to the advertising and published numbers.

Checking around I find that I'm far from the only one with these concerns, and there are some YouTube videos demonstrating the difference. I was about to order a couple more hefty and pretty high-priced nanos for my hex but am holding off.

-bob
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:36 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Quote:
Quality of nono-tech?
I bought 4 Turnigy Nanos last year shortly after they were first released I think, and left them in their storage state. This summer I charged them up. After about 20 cycles of modest use and care not to discharge them more than 80% all four got puffy. One subsequently failed shortly thereafter. in that it would not let my Cell Pro charger charge it. Many photos of these batteries show them to be puffed. Maybe newer manufactured versions have improved?
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:07 PM
Look out! The lever!
Joined Feb 2005
2,625 Posts
The ones I'm dealing with are brand new, and I'm not very pleased with them.

-bob
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:21 PM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
2,493 Posts
I've seen alot of posts about problems with the Nanos and have tried to steer people away. I land at 14.5v and my Nano flight time (on two of three batteries) went from 7 to 3.5 mins after only about 30 cycles. Would still be 2/3 full, but the voltage drop was consistent. The regular turnigy and the zippys are much better. Had the same problem with my Cinestar 6 and switched to Zippy's there too!
glmccready is online now Find More Posts by glmccready