Jul 21, 2012, 07:12 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Why do crash? Someone please tell me, I was just doing normal rollers and turn left and right doing figure 8's and just plane circles just rolling around all of a sudden plane goes straight for the ground at about 3/4 throttle I can't even remember what happended it did it so fast I just know I had 10ft and it was still spiining when it hit it was upright when it hit, broke the prop but now need a new motorbox, this makes me just want to move on and stop flying, I am good but then I am just doing my normal rollers and nose points down and I crash.

Me wanting to move on and forget this hobby is not becasue I just crashed my plane. It is because this is the first I was gonna be able to fly today since my motor problems well my motor still does not work so I put the 103g in there well a 13x6.5 it was getting way hot so I put a 12x6 on it well then I almost crashed 3 times in one flight because I di not have enough power to come out of a move, 103g is not enough for this plane. Now the plane does the most random nose dive and I need a new MB kit when also I need a new motor. What ever.........................................
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2012, 07:13 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Finally got my lathe set up the way I want it. Got my collet chuck and collets ranging from 1/16 to 1.125 by 1/32ths, and also installed a two axis DRO (digital readout). Just need to get a set of metric collets.

So....if anybody needs some lathe work done, PM me.....

SteveT
Can your lathe make me a new plane.......................
Jul 21, 2012, 07:42 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface
Can your lathe make me a new plane.......................
Sorry Keith.....just doesn't work that way!!

And also sorry about your trials and tribulations......keep working at it buddy...it will get better....

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Jul 21, 2012, 07:42 PM
House of Paine
Quote:
Why do crash? Someone please tell me, I was just doing normal rollers and turn left and right doing figure 8's and just plane circles just rolling around all of a sudden plane goes straight for the ground at about 3/4 throttle I can't even remember what happended it did it so fast I just know I had 10ft and it was still spiining when it hit it was upright when it hit, broke the prop but now need a new motorbox, this makes me just want to move on and stop flying, I am good but then I am just doing my normal rollers and nose points down and I crash.

Me wanting to move on and forget this hobby is not becasue I just crashed my plane. It is because this is the first I was gonna be able to fly today since my motor problems well my motor still does not work so I put the 103g in there well a 13x6.5 it was getting way hot so I put a 12x6 on it well then I almost crashed 3 times in one flight because I di not have enough power to come out of a move, 103g is not enough for this plane. Now the plane does the most random nose dive and I need a new MB kit when also I need a new motor. What ever.........................................

If you want to stay in the hobby you'll have to learn to live with crashes. Most of us will have some caused by mistakes here and there, and pretty much everyone else will eventually have one due to equipment failure.

Today I was on my 1st flight of the day with my 74" edge and as I come in low harrier to hover I see my left aileron start freaking out with some crazy twitching deflections. I got lucky and was able to land, it looks like a had a servo extension go bad as I could tap the wire and get the twitch. A buddy had a spare extension and I had no issues the rest of the day. Had that glitch happened and locked over on me I could have easily lost the plane.

It does suck when something goes wrong and you don't know what it was for sure, but sometimes "stuff" happens. I have no clue why my extension failed, plane has at least 50 flights with no issues, can't see any physical damage.
Jul 21, 2012, 07:58 PM
3DHS 'native'
What plane was this? What radio do you use?

Quote:

Jul 21, 2012, 07:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Losr9SIeQ98

Now that it's all broken in, fun time. 89" slick.
Jul 21, 2012, 08:04 PM
Very nice Trixie. Wailin' for sure
Jul 21, 2012, 08:19 PM
Fly Low
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342919810.661589.jpg
Views: 144
Size: 79.0 KB
Description: 3DHS was in strong showing today! Passed the koolaid to many people!
Jul 21, 2012, 08:24 PM
Team 3DHS
closed

Might be in and out, so come in and hang out.
Last edited by CrashesALot; Jul 21, 2012 at 10:05 PM.
Jul 21, 2012, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55
Attachment 50268133DHS was in strong showing today! Passed the koolaid to many people!
Yea for sure, what a great picture it makes.
Jul 21, 2012, 08:51 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed
What plane was this? What radio do you use?
DX6i and the only plane I have. 47" SHP

http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/47-Extra-...x_p_16075.html
Will that motor box be the same as V4? Because if not I do not have a plane at all.
Jul 21, 2012, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR
Yea for sure, what a great picture it makes.
+1 - 3DHS in brute force. Like some elite RC army or something. ha
Jul 21, 2012, 09:07 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
Better pics. Video soon.
Jul 21, 2012, 09:11 PM
Ok, so it looks like Bivens unloaded his trailer. Did anyone else bring any 3DHS planes?
Jul 21, 2012, 09:21 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Had a lot of fun today! Good to get to fly with Wamsy, Jason, Sutherland, and SD! These regional events are so much fun...lots of Pwny rides!

Quick Reply