HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2014, 10:36 AM
agnotology
Joined Jan 2007
3,678 Posts
Discussion
Altis 4 telemetry support for Taranis/FrSky by year end?

The Altis 4 can act as an altimeter and vario in some telemetry systems already. The Aerobtec guys have been saying they will provide telemetry support for the Taranis, but this is the first I've heard of even a vague target date:

"we are working on it, I can imagine it by the end of the year, but can not say it for sure.

Best Regards / S pozdravom"

That would be great, because it would provide vario and altimeter telemetry without an additional module. There also seems to be some issues with the accuracy and temperature compensation with the FrSky "high precision" vario. The Altis 4 seems quite accurate.

I saw Aerobtec also has a new micro logging altimeter and cut-off device:

http://www.aerobtec.com/products/rc-...s/altis-micro/

Kevin
kcaldwel is offline Find More Posts by kcaldwel
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2014, 11:18 AM
Flying = Falling (Slowly)
Tulsa, OK
Joined May 2004
2,690 Posts
I have used Aerobtec stuff for several years now and it is really good stuff.

For our application, the SM GPS-Logger 2 is also very attractive. It consists of a single, small plug-in device that is both a GPS Logger and Barometric Altimeter that is compatible with the Frsky stuff.

I have been testing the SM GPS-Logger against the RC Electronics and Aerobtec products and it appears to work well and very accurately. It may be a little more accurate than the RC Electronics (10hz vs 5hz) and has GPS capabilities which are not yet available with the Aerobtec.

If Aerobtec comes out with a GPS logger/altimeter that is compatible with the Frsky it will be well worth a look.

Happy Landings,

Don
dharban is offline Find More Posts by dharban
Old Oct 12, 2014, 11:36 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,359 Posts
This is great news.

Terry
Chuchuf is online now Find More Posts by Chuchuf