SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 07:56 AM
Canada, ON, London
Joined May 2011
1,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drac View Post
Yep, I have the 635 and I was about to say I think that may be why mine was already activated.
DOH! LOL... I should have asked - HUGE difference from the 636 to 635. The 635 is NOT programmable via cable / app interfaces. It is a Tx stick only programmable unit.

Problem solved. </facepalm>
uberjay is offline Find More Posts by uberjay
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:19 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2009
350 Posts
Hi
I still haven't figured out how to use the Matchbox (see previous post). Do I need to plug in one servo at a time and set them all separately? At the moment its doing nothing. I also tried powering the matchbox via the 636 rx with a 6s battery via the speedy, still nothing but a red light on whilst in the 0 position.

Very frustrated!!

Cheers,
Flying Fiz is offline Find More Posts by Flying Fiz
Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM
Australia, TAS, Burnie
Joined Jul 2008
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberjay View Post
DOH! LOL... I should have asked - HUGE difference from the 636 to 635. The 635 is NOT programmable via cable / app interfaces. It is a Tx stick only programmable unit.

Problem solved. </facepalm>
Yeah, the different numbers didn't click with me straight away.

What is the differences between the 2, apart from the 636 being computer programmable?
drac is online now Find More Posts by drac
Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM
Canada, ON, London
Joined May 2011
1,729 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, the different numbers didn't click with me straight away.

What is the differences between the 2, apart from the 636 being computer programmable?
I'm not sure other than I would not want a 635 if someone gave it to me as I'm too lazy to figure out what sticks to hold where for how long ;-). I had a 636 in a plane that's sold now and I loved that I could just plug my phone in at the field, adjust / tweak a value, and go fly.

J
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM
Australia, TAS, Burnie
Joined Jul 2008
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberjay View Post
I'm not sure other than I would not want a 635 if someone gave it to me as I'm too lazy to figure out what sticks to hold where for how long ;-). I had a 636 in a plane that's sold now and I loved that I could just plug my phone in at the field, adjust / tweak a value, and go fly.

J
Hmm, that's interesting. I can't recall having to hold the Tx sticks in positions to set up. I plugged the Matchbox in and set the travels there and that was that. Unless I just don't remember doing it??

One thing for sure is it wasn't complicated to set up.
Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM
Canada, ON, London
Joined May 2011
1,729 Posts
Quote:
Hmm, that's interesting. I can't recall having to hold the Tx sticks in positions to set up. I plugged the Matchbox in and set the travels there and that was that. Unless I just don't remember doing it??

One thing for sure is it wasn't complicated to set up.
Sorry I meant on a plane without the matchbox. And for making adjustments to the PIDS/rates.

On my Beast I'm not using any stabilization. Just running an AR8000 and high voltage servos.

J
Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM
I can't fly
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2006
2,035 Posts
The big differences between the AR636 and AR635 is you can run separate aileron servos no need for a y cable, better for aileron setup. The latching can be adjusted which means you know have control over hoe hard the Gyro starts to kick in not just how much it kicks in. Meaning the higher latching value will cause the Gyro to come on with more gain (not to exceed the max gain setting) once the sticks are let go. Stick priority is also adjustable which means having control of when the Gyro shuts off when you are giving inputs. A higher stick priority means the gyro shuts off faster as you move the sticks from center. Lastly the AR636 is capable of 3 gain settings which one can be a hold if desired. The AR635 only can do two gain settings of which hold cannot be one.

The AR636 is the upgrade from the AR635, it is closer to the other gyros on the market currently in terms of features and adjustability.
camoy is offline Find More Posts by camoy
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM
I can't fly
Joined Dec 2006
2,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Fiz View Post
Hi
I still haven't figured out how to use the Matchbox (see previous post). Do I need to plug in one servo at a time and set them all separately? At the moment its doing nothing. I also tried powering the matchbox via the 636 rx with a 6s battery via the speedy, still nothing but a red light on whilst in the 0 position.

Very frustrated!!

Cheers,

I am not sure as i am at work right now but the matchbox may not be able to handle the HV.
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2009
350 Posts
I've got a dud !

Thanks for the response Camoy. Yes it can handle the HV as its the new HV Matchbox and tolerates up to 8.4 volts.

But speaking to the Australian distributor I must have a faulty unit and they want me to return it.

I'll report in due course with the result of all this but a magor pain and the Beast won't be flying over the holiday period as planned.

Cheers.
Flying Fiz is offline Find More Posts by Flying Fiz
Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM
Australia, TAS, Burnie
Joined Jul 2008
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camoy View Post
The big differences between the AR636 and AR635 is you can run separate aileron servos no need for a y cable, better for aileron setup. The latching can be adjusted which means you know have control over hoe hard the Gyro starts to kick in not just how much it kicks in. Meaning the higher latching value will cause the Gyro to come on with more gain (not to exceed the max gain setting) once the sticks are let go. Stick priority is also adjustable which means having control of when the Gyro shuts off when you are giving inputs. A higher stick priority means the gyro shuts off faster as you move the sticks from center. Lastly the AR636 is capable of 3 gain settings which one can be a hold if desired. The AR635 only can do two gain settings of which hold cannot be one.

The AR636 is the upgrade from the AR635, it is closer to the other gyros on the market currently in terms of features and adjustability.
Both Rx's are 6 channel, so you would still need to use the Matchbox on the 636 to set up 4 aileron servos??
Old Yesterday, 09:11 PM
I can't fly
Joined Dec 2006
2,035 Posts
Well one could setup a Beast with the AR636 without a matchbox.

Here is one way. If using a programmable digital servo you would hook up the top and bottom right ailerons servos and use a y cable to plug into the AR636. Then using the servo programmer set your centers and balance the end points for equal throws in both directions and both top and bottom servos. Repeat for the otherside and plug the y cable into aux1.

So yes if you have say Hitec HS5245MGs in the wings one can accomplish this without the need of a matchbox. Just one needs to have the servo programmer and some patience as it takes a little longer getting things balanced out and centered.
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM
Australia, TAS, Burnie
Joined Jul 2008
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camoy View Post
Well one could setup a Beast with the AR636 without a matchbox.

Here is one way. If using a programmable digital servo you would hook up the top and bottom right ailerons servos and use a y cable to plug into the AR636. Then using the servo programmer set your centers and balance the end points for equal throws in both directions and both top and bottom servos. Repeat for the otherside and plug the y cable into aux1.

So yes if you have say Hitec HS5245MGs in the wings one can accomplish this without the need of a matchbox. Just one needs to have the servo programmer and some patience as it takes a little longer getting things balanced out and centered.
Yes, you would need one or the other. Programmable servos do basically the same thing as a Matchbox.
Old Today, 01:15 AM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,516 Posts
Ask in radio section you might get better help.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f