HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2013, 07:30 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,314 Posts
Trisquire,
If you haven't already been inside a Connie, just take a trip over to the Air Force museum. You can walk through all the historic presidential planes, up to the the first 707 (SAM26000) that is the most historic of all Air Force One's.
I spent a lot of time in Dayton during the 36 years I spent working for NCR, I spent many weekends out at the museum over the years
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Mar 26, 2013, 08:03 PM
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,327 Posts
Sounds awesome. Those must have been glamorous days.
Trisquire is offline Find More Posts by Trisquire
Old Mar 26, 2013, 08:07 PM
Suspended Account
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
9,069 Posts
Speaking of the Connie, in about 55 or 56, my father took me to ny from New Orleans on one. The captain announced before we left that captain Eddie rickenbacher was in first and anyone was welcome to say hello. My father, a former hump pilot took me up and I met him. What a memory!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 19, 2013, 12:36 PM
Sweeper Nut
Joined Apr 2007
625 Posts
Here is some good info on Boeings fix for their battery problem.
Boeing 787 Battery System Solution (3 min 36 sec)
Mike McCrea is offline Find More Posts by Mike McCrea
Old Apr 19, 2013, 01:49 PM
Joined Aug 2003
2,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCrea View Post
Here is some good info on Boeings fix for their battery problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaqQuBac2ag
Holy , that'll never be "the" problem ever again.
HELModels is offline Find More Posts by HELModels
Old Apr 19, 2013, 05:14 PM
UN Earth peoples true enemy
Euroland
Joined Jan 2004
1,801 Posts
There was batch of Lipos few years back kept catching fire .In the Chinese factory mixing the mineral bassed stuff they let small aluminum flakes from some other process mix in the batch .
Also the cells are in case able to take the explosion.LiPo are 1/8 the power of TNT
The cells were never designed to go to 8000 feet and back every few hours .The cooling effects from thin air are a lot less .If they seal the boxes then the air will warm up and not allow cooling If the battery's are in the hold the air is thinner again at 40.000 feet and they never made lipos for that lack of pressure.

Not sure if the 787 thought these problems through.They might find that may have to swop out the battery after every 100 flights to remain safe

Ralf
treehog is offline Find More Posts by treehog