Talking about the greatwall 9958
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:30 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
So the Devo 6 will get telemetry via a new telemetry-enabled module. That is good news for us Devo 6 owners!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=206
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:40 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,741 Posts
Why do people care about telemetry? Sounds like another gadget to me. Last I checked the only people using it was FPV and multicopters at least for a reason. I don't see myself going wow my GCP went 300ft after I lost it at 100 lol!
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:31 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
The GCP doesn't even have the hardware for the telemetry anyway, but the Mini CP does have current and heat sensors that do work with the telemetry, and you can have warnings set for voltage and temp (as well as other things), so it does have a use even for non FPV.
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:41 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
The GCP doesn't even have the hardware for the telemetry anyway, but the Mini CP does have current and heat sensors that do work with the telemetry, and you can have warnings set for voltage and temp (as well as other things), so it does have a use even for non FPV.
I think it will be very useful.. Even more so when it gets into the bigger heli's like the huge 120 size.. I think I'll hold off on getting another D02S till the double SS comes out.. Or is it going to be the ST??
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jan 16, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Helicage parts available

Hi all,

Just a quick note that my Helicage parts are available from Shapeways. The link is on my blog at

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=259824

Have a nice day, Don
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
Old Jan 16, 2012, 02:40 PM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2007
762 Posts
World Smallest Lightest Indestructible 3D helicopter :Genius CP!!

Not anymore.
chevell is offline Find More Posts by chevell
Old Jan 16, 2012, 03:59 PM
Joined Jan 2012
123 Posts
Why is this happening? When I power on my tx, as soon as it binds with the heli, the heli spools up for 1 second before cutting out. It operates normally after that.

Recent change is software update on the tx, I updated to latest firmware and library, it is now running Software version 0.6A and library version 0.0.4.
distortionist is offline Find More Posts by distortionist
Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:04 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by distortionist View Post
Why is this happening? When I power on my tx, as soon as it binds with the heli, the heli spools up for 1 second before cutting out. It operates normally after that.

Recent change is software update on the tx, I updated to latest firmware and library, it is now running Software version 0.6A and library version 0.0.4.
Check that your throttle trim and TH setting haven't been changed with the upgrade.. Should be at "0"
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:16 PM
Joined Jan 2012
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Check that your throttle trim and TH setting haven't been changed with the upgrade.. Should be at "0"
I just checked everything, and they are at 0. It is the first time I plugged the heli in after the update, it has never done that before... weird. It's a Devo 8, and if the devo is on, and I turn on the heli, it doesn't do it.. But if I turn the heli on first, then the devo, as soon as it binds it goes full throttle for about 1 seconds before it starts acting normally.

Almost chopped off my fingers!!
Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:24 PM
Heli's and gliders, what else?
Nederland, GE, Slijk-Ewijk
Joined Apr 2006
753 Posts
Quote:
I just checked everything, and they are at 0. It is the first time I plugged the heli in after the update, it has never done that before... weird. It's a Devo 8, and if the devo is on, and I turn on the heli, it doesn't do it.. But if I turn the heli on first, then the devo, as soon as it binds it goes full throttle for about 1 seconds before it starts acting normally.

I hope you didn't get the software for the 8S, did you.......?

*EDIT* Sorry, I see you mentioned the numbers in your previous post, so disregard my remark....
BarnOwl is offline Find More Posts by BarnOwl
Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:30 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:

Odd, I updated to 0.6 firmware the second it came out and I have yet to experience that one... You have throttle set in your failsafe? Could be some odd thing, I can't think of anything else .
Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined Jan 2012
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnOwl View Post
I hope you didn't get the software for the 8S, did you.......?

*EDIT* Sorry, I see you mentioned the numbers in your previous post, so disregard my remark....
Well I went and checked to see what I got and its the latest and greatest.

It is obviously a firmware issue... I wonder if I should flash older versions?

It happens when you turn on and it is supposed to level the swash, instead it spools up. I've been trying it repeatedly and it definitely binds slower now, and it doesn't spool up every single time, only 80%.

There must be someone here with a devo 8 and a cp?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:33 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,154 Posts
Quote:

You are suppose to power on TX first then RX or Heli anyway.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:37 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Well I went and checked to see what I got and its the latest and greatest.

It is obviously a firmware issue... I wonder if I should flash older versions?

It happens when you turn on and it is supposed to level the swash, instead it spools up. I've been trying it repeatedly and it definitely binds slower now, and it doesn't spool up every single time, only 80%.

There must be someone here with a devo 8 and a cp?
Like I said I run the same exact radio, firmware, and GCP, I have yet to have that issue.