HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2014, 12:25 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinterz25 View Post
But I can't remember where I saw them; these are what I would really like to use, but these actuators are programmable??

Bruce
Bruce,
They are programmable IF you use their boards, sort of. If your Tx can handle it, the actuators will perform EVERY action a standard servo can do.
'Pipe', I only listed the L12's for reference. Also why I put the PDF spec sheet file up to show the actuators capabilities. The downside of the Firgelli's is their size as compared to the LADO actuators. I spent way to many hours trying to find a replica of their actuators on the web with no luck.
Assuming I read the specs correctly,the L12-50 will generate around 17 Newtons/3.8lbs of force @ 300ma for my Hawker. But I'd have to agree with PIPE to use the L16's because your weight and possible side loads.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2014, 08:08 PM
Jack of all master of none
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,594 Posts
COOL THANKS FOR THE INFO Dan

Okay...No work on the PBY today went to see the surgeon today
I need total shoulder replacement surgery but I should be myself once again by summer
Still haven't set the surgery date yet.
I'll will still be able to build RC planes while healing
only out for a few weeks at most.

Bruce
splinterz25 is offline Find More Posts by splinterz25
Old Dec 08, 2014, 09:37 PM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Jan 2003
4,799 Posts
Hope it all goes well.
Rick
RiBell is offline Find More Posts by RiBell
Old Dec 09, 2014, 12:49 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiBell View Post
Hope it all goes well.
Rick
Thank you Rick; Me too ...I won't be down for long this has a great success rating and good/ fast recovery time.

Bruce
Old Dec 09, 2014, 09:51 PM
Plane Nuts
United States, NC, Hendersonville
Joined Oct 2009
427 Posts
Damn Bruce - good luck. Hope all goes well.

Rob
RobMason is offline Find More Posts by RobMason
Old Dec 09, 2014, 09:58 PM
Scale Builder
United States, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined Jul 2002
2,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinterz25 View Post
I need total shoulder replacement surgery but I should be myself once again by summer
Best of luck with the surgery Bruce. I will be interested in your recovery as I too will be going through the same procedure at some point. In fact I need to have both of my shoulders replaced but I am putting it off as long as humanly possible!
Chad Veich is offline Find More Posts by Chad Veich
Old Dec 09, 2014, 10:53 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Veich View Post
Best of luck with the surgery Bruce. I will be interested in your recovery as I too will be going through the same procedure at some point. In fact I need to have both of my shoulders replaced but I am putting it off as long as humanly possible!
Chad they say it's not a bad recovery but I'll let you know; don't think I would want to two and def. not at the same time.

If your in pain I do recommend the cortisone shots into the joint; I had one yesterday pain is greatly reduced today; but this is only a temp. fix

I've made up mind and I'm going forward just after the first of the new year.

Bruce
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:28 PM
Scale Builder
United States, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined Jul 2002
2,603 Posts
Unfortunately the Cortisone quit working for me quite some time ago. The first few times it worked really well but not so much after that. At this point nothing helps other than the narcotic pain medications. I had both my knees replaced a couple of years ago and did them both at the same time. Worked great for knees but I don't think it will work for shoulders. I would be pretty helpless without any functional arms! I don't look forward to the surgery nor the recovery process but if the results are as good as with my knees then it will certainly be worth it. I wish you the very best with your procedure Bruce and when it's all done you should be in good shape for all the sanding you need to do on your projects! Sanding can be tough on bad shoulders for sure.
Chad Veich is offline Find More Posts by Chad Veich
Old Dec 10, 2014, 02:10 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,594 Posts
Thanks Chad....That's what I thought w/ cortisone shots; so I'll get it done 1st of the new year insurance permitting that is, good luck w/ your shoulders.
And yes after building the canoe w/ all of that sanding it was time to do something about this pain.

Bruce