HorizonHobby.com Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by wamsy55, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 01:28 PM
Gordosoar is offline
Find More Posts by Gordosoar
Sabre holic
Gordosoar's Avatar
Beverly Hills, Florida
Joined Nov 2006
2,413 Posts
New to 3D in need of a simulator.

I'm looking for a simulator that I can use my 6i transmitter to my smart TV.
Anyone know of such a setup like that?
Gordosoar is offline Find More Posts by Gordosoar
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2015, 11:43 PM
H2SO4 is online now
Find More Posts by H2SO4
christian theme park operator
H2SO4's Avatar
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordosoar View Post
I'm looking for a simulator that I can use my 6i transmitter to my smart TV.
Anyone know of such a setup like that?
Probably not the right thread for it, but virtually any sim can be displayed on a TV, because the computer itself - whether PC or Mac or Linux - can have its output piped out to any monitor/TV.

Or if you're asking whether the sim can run directly on the "smart" TV without needing a computer, no, I very much doubt that. Sims are code, and code is compiled to run on a particular hardware platform. With the current crop of serious sims (Phoenix, Real Flight, AccuRC...), you still need a PC or Mac or Linux box to run the actual sim application. If your TV is built atop some version of Android, there may be a few arcade-like sims that would run directly on the TV, but so far none of those are hobby-grade training tools.
H2SO4 is online now Find More Posts by H2SO4
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2016, 12:03 AM
ryguy76 is offline
Find More Posts by ryguy76
Registered User
Joined Apr 2014
443 Posts
Question on rolling harriers...

I specifically use elevator to control the turns in a rolling harrier and hold the appropriate elevator longer, on each revolution, if/when a turn is needed. Just beginning to learn rolling loops now and thought I'd ask in case doing it this way is something that is going to end up being challenging for learning new moves.

Thoughts?
ryguy76 is offline Find More Posts by ryguy76
Last edited by ryguy76; Jan 03, 2016 at 12:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2016, 04:34 PM
JCFLYR is offline
Find More Posts by JCFLYR
Love the sticks
JCFLYR's Avatar
Mason, Michigan
Joined Nov 2009
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy76 View Post
Question on rolling harriers...

I specifically use elevator to control the turns in a rolling harrier and hold the appropriate elevator longer, on each revolution, if/when a turn is needed. Just beginning to learn rolling loops now and thought I'd ask in case doing it this way is something that is going to end up being challenging for learning new moves.

Thoughts?
In the case of rolling left and turning right, I just delay the inputs a bit so I am just a hair behind what it takes for straight and level, this starts the airplane turning left. If you get behind just a bit too much just add more control input. Be careful though because getting behind tooooo much will cause you to get in trouble low to the ground.. I'm not sure if this is the industry standard but it works for me.
JCFLYR is offline Find More Posts by JCFLYR
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2016, 05:24 PM
ryguy76 is offline
Find More Posts by ryguy76
Registered User
Joined Apr 2014
443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCFLYR View Post
In the case of rolling left and turning right, I just delay the inputs a bit so I am just a hair behind what it takes for straight and level, this starts the airplane turning left. If you get behind just a bit too much just add more control input. Be careful though because getting behind tooooo much will cause you to get in trouble low to the ground.. I'm not sure if this is the industry standard but it works for me.
Are delaying all inputs of just one specific one per revolution. I jump on the up elevator early to roll right and turn left, and delay the up elevator to roll right and turn right. Just wondering if this method is wise for getting better and doing more advanced flying.
ryguy76 is offline Find More Posts by ryguy76
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2016, 07:48 PM
theKM is offline
Find More Posts by theKM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
21,543 Posts
yup, this is just changing of timing needing to perform turns during rollers. here's the diagram that explains the same...

theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2016, 08:09 PM
JCFLYR is offline
Find More Posts by JCFLYR
Love the sticks
JCFLYR's Avatar
Mason, Michigan
Joined Nov 2009
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy76 View Post
Are delaying all inputs of just one specific one per revolution. I jump on the up elevator early to roll right and turn left, and delay the up elevator to roll right and turn right. Just wondering if this method is wise for getting better and doing more advanced flying.
KMs diagram is perfect. The stick movements are the same, the timing of them is what is adjusted.
JCFLYR is offline Find More Posts by JCFLYR
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2016, 09:11 PM
ryguy76 is offline
Find More Posts by ryguy76
Registered User
Joined Apr 2014
443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
yup, this is just changing of timing needing to perform turns during rollers. here's the diagram that explains the same...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCFLYR View Post
KMs diagram is perfect. The stick movements are the same, the timing of them is what is adjusted.
Makes sense. Thanks guys. The only difference is the diagram seems to be using each quarter point in the turn where I'm limiting it to just early or late elevator inputs. Maybe I'm doing it subconsciously to the rudder too, but am not aware that I am.
ryguy76 is offline Find More Posts by ryguy76
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo Nitroplane's 3D-Hawk PNP (They say ARF) Tutorial Dellagd 3D Foamies 41 Sep 09, 2011 09:00 PM
GWS Spitfire Build thread (with glassing tutorial) David Winter GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 156 Sep 14, 2009 06:42 AM
Question Brushless Tutorial/Help Thread? thatchf137 Power Systems 0 Jul 31, 2004 02:24 PM