|Feb 17, 2013, 11:30 PM|
Cheap/Free Airframes - Houston, TX LPU
I need to get some stuff out of my garage. All are airframe only-no radio gear or power system included unless otherwise stated.
For the free planes, "I'll take it" means you can come get it in Clear Lake within 72 hours of claiming it. For all else, I prefer PayPal (no gift). Shipping is not an option for any plane.
1. WIK Kestrel Fuselage - Fiberglass, German-made glider kit. It needs some work on the pushrods and overall TLC...oh, and a wing. Sorry, no photo. I'll take one if somebody is interested in it.
2. ModelCraft SimpliFly 40 - Modified to a plank flying wing for a magazine article I wrote last year. It's a great flyer and good conversation starter. I powered it with a 600 watt outrunner and 4S-3300 lipo (not included). Needs 3 standard servos.
3. Top Notch Models Bush Hawk - Crash damaged, but mostly back together. Just needs a little more TLC.
4. Great Planes Super Sportster 60 - Built from a kit and about 75% complete. This came from an estate. Looks to be well built. Would be tough to convert to electric because it's already so far along. I've got the canopy too, but it may be too brittle to use.
Not Quite Free Stuff:
1. E3D - $25 This was built from the original kit. It's had a couple of minor repairs. The last repair was to a couple rear stringers and I never recovered this area. The rest of the covering is starting to pull loose. The existing covering could be repaired or it may be easier to strip it and recover.
2. Bill Evans Simitar - $10 I got this in a package deal from a local modeler. It is mostly framed up and well built. It would be tough to convert to electric, so it's probably best to keep it glow. Folded plans are included.
3. Sig Riser - $10 I bought this on consignment from a hobby shop a few years back. I got it home and found hornet's nests in the fuselage. After removing those, I drilled a bunch of holes, planning to lighten it. Then I lost interest. At this point, it just needs a little patching, sanding and recovering. A pair of old Airtronics standard servos are included. The wing is not bad. It has some loosely fitted trim sheet that needs to be pulled off.
4. Model Tech Super Cub - $85 This is an 80" span electric/nitro ARF. I powered it on 5S-5000 and a Grayson outrunner putting out 750 watts (not included). It is a great flyer and surprisingly aerobatic. I added a false floor to the cockpit, but don't have the pilot anymore. The wing is 2-piece and includes flaps. The plane needs 6 standard servos.
Ask questions in this thread or email me at BOAW-at-comcast.net
ImagesView all Images in thread
Last edited by mopar_man; Feb 17, 2013 at 11:43 PM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Swap Meet Northwest Houston RC Club (TX) 4th Annual Swap Meet 3/23/13||SRush99||Fuel Power Events||14||Mar 25, 2013 06:47 PM|
|Sold Trex 550e FBL, AR7200BX, BNF , any one of the 3 , Local only, Houston,Tx||imrerun||Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W)||0||Feb 11, 2013 07:14 AM|
|Sold 3DHS EPP 38" SLICK - LPU in Houston||Low_N_Slow||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||10||Jan 10, 2013 12:23 PM|
|Sold 3DHS 74" EDGE - LPU Houston area (cheap!)||ProBroAndy||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||9||May 25, 2012 04:22 PM|
|Sold E-Flite Mini Funtana, Airframe only, Prefer LPU (Houston, TX)||yarsmythejr||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||2||Feb 15, 2009 05:07 PM|