New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 01, 2015, 05:56 PM
Find More Posts by SteveBrisbane
Joined Aug 2015
2 Posts
Question
Twister Electric 400 Sport V2 - Flight Time Issue

Hi Everyone

I bought a Twister 400 Sport V2 Electric Heli yesterday and am having issues with flight time.

The hell will fly for maybe 20-30 secs and then at full power seems to lose thrust and lowers to the ground.

If I leave it for 20 secs I am able to fly again and then the same thing happens. The Manual says 7 mins flight time on a full charge. I have charged it until the green light comes on as instructed in the book. This is maybe 30-40 mins.

Any ideas? help will be appreciated.

Thanks Steve
SteveBrisbane is offline Find More Posts by SteveBrisbane
Last edited by SteveBrisbane; Aug 01, 2015 at 06:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2015, 08:07 PM
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,551 Posts
Lots of places to look for faults: poor motors, bad battery, crappy charger and bad board. All are pretty common problems to this model. You need a voltmeter to start with. Check the charge before and after each flight attempt. Report back with results. From what you are saying, my first guess would be the board is bad. But, it doesn't cost anything to check voltages.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Aug 01, 2015 at 08:14 PM.
Old Aug 01, 2015, 08:28 PM
Find More Posts by SteveBrisbane
Joined Aug 2015
2 Posts
Thanks

It's under warranty so I will head back to the shop Monday and see what they say

Was t sure if I was missing something simple
SteveBrisbane is offline Find More Posts by SteveBrisbane
Old Yesterday, 04:00 AM
Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
13,317 Posts
Do the rotors turn freely? Check for any tightness and if you have been flying indoors for any fluff and hair that might be wrapped around the workings.

It could just be a bad battery but if nothing seems to be making the rotor stiff to turn then the easiest option is to take it back and let the dealer sort it out.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,551 Posts
Very short flights, followed by short cool-downs, followed by short flights, etc, are a sign of bad FETs on the board. If possible, I would exchange it for a different model.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Today, 05:21 AM
Find More Posts by mono
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,482 Posts
I'm thinking on another tangent... this model came out 3 years ago and they don't sell many of them here in Oz.
My hunch is that it's been sitting in stock for quite a while and the battery is dying, can't sustain the needed power. After a little rest the voltage picks up, only to sag again.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono