New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by HappyKillmore, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 02:48 PM
Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Discussion
What's it all about?

On November 6th, 2011, Murocflyer started this thread entitled "Wondering What It Means". Over the course of the next 8 days, the thread discussed EXACTLY what Muroc had mentioned in his OP. A website that shall not be named.

On the 13th, Muroc closed the thread with the parting shot:
Quote:
You know me, I respect others.

I also updated that post so you could see what I was talking about instead of posting the link. But I guess there is no use continuing this thread. Too much drama for me. I much rather be doing something more productive with my time.
1 day before that last post....he created another thread entitled: "What Does RCG Mean To You" in which he specifically referenced the earlier thread....even linked to it....but yet, seemed to think he had jettisoned the prior discussion that he now prematurely ended. This discussion was allowed to continue for a day and a half and again, Muroc closed the thread.
Quote:
Haha that's funny. Can you surf the net on the job? I bet that helps keep track of those awful people.

Might as well close this thread. It's way off topic now and no chance of ever getting back on track.

I'll try again next weekend.
On the 15th, Muroc started a thread in SS/C entitled "Off Topic Posts" in which he asked if there were rules against off topic posts. Surprisingly, Jim Graham responded "yes" there are rules against off topic posts and suggested Muroc report them and then they would be moved.

These are the posts deemed "off topic" by Muroc and were discarded into another completely nonsensical thread now called: Other Website Discussion and now don't have even the slightest bit of context without the OP.

This action I find to be very bizarre as here are a couple of people who have been told "no" by Jim Graham about moderating their own forum/threads.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1535524
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1529987

I was highly critical of Muroc's heavy handed moderation of the (at the time) Stickied "Don't be Afraid of Balsa" thread has he took it upon himself to delete EVERY SINGLE disagreeing post.

So here Murocflyer is again, getting to do what other people have asked to do....

This thread is about Butterflies. Any posts not having to do with Butterflies will be reported and moved....
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 16, 2011, 05:49 PM
Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,914 Posts
I was glad the thread was split.

No one gives a crap about that other website anyway... glad the references are gone.
This site is more peaceful without those other people anyway.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Nov 16, 2011, 08:44 PM
Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
I think what Happy is referring to is the fact that two threads were started, with the original post in both of them referencing an offsite forum.

When the members responded to this offsite forum, Frank stated that he didn't want to discuss this at all.

Which begs the question, why were two threads started about an offsite forum and then the members were told they weren't allowed to discuss what the original post was about?

Extremely odd, and strange.
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Old Nov 16, 2011, 09:50 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
What I'm really talking about is the special treatment some members get here on RCG. Apparently, Muroc has the ability to simply report posts which are not actually breaking any site rules and get them eliminated from threads entirely. Others have asked for this same ability and have been denied.

I agree that the "other site" is completely worthless and Muroc's original thread wasn't worth leaving open. I just don't see how he can get any post he doesn't like removed from his thread...when NO other user has that ability anywhere but in a sticky, blog or their own FS/W thread.

According to the Rules page, the only off-topic infractions are for advertising and controversial flatulence. While I agree that the site in question 1000% meets the controversial flatulence requirement, that didn't seem to appear in Jim G's explanation.
Quote:
All threads are different and thread drift happens very frequently. As the thread creator if you feel the thread is going too off topic you can always use the report button to let the moderators know you feel there are to many off topic posts. Threads can be split and off into a new thread. That thread then could have been moved to "Other Websites".
Again, if this is an actual policy, I do not see it on the rules page and have never seen it implemented for any other user.
Last edited by HappyKillmore; Nov 16, 2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:42 PM
Find More Posts by arbilab
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,406 Posts
Mr. Obvious says, the more attention you draw to it, the more attention it gets.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:50 PM
Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
Mr. Obvious says, the more attention you draw to it, the more attention it gets.
Arbi, I hear you have stated in other forums that you hold a degree in psychology. That is actually quite impressive. May I ask if your degree is in clinical psychology, and where you have your degree from?
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Old Nov 17, 2011, 01:54 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,406 Posts
My degree in (developmental) psychology could scarcely be more irrelevant, and you heard it here second. I had a dual degree, the other in radio-television. The latter was what I pursued, as a bachelor's in psychology means absolutely nothing. I spent several years in local radio and ~15 years in network television.

R-TV at the time was within the speech department, so not only can I do the voice of Bullwinkle, the Emperor, Stephen Hawking, and the entire cast of My Fair Lady, I can do lines from any one of those in any of their voices.

Great party bit, if I ever got invited to parties.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 04:30 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyZone View Post
I think what Happy is referring to is the fact that two threads were started, with the original post in both of them referencing an offsite forum.

When the members responded to this offsite forum, Frank stated that he didn't want to discuss this at all.

Which begs the question, why were two threads started about an offsite forum and then the members were told they weren't allowed to discuss what the original post was about?

Extremely odd, and strange.
The first thread I can agree with... the second one doesn't really meet the qualification of talking about the other website.

Split This Thread ... Is an option when you report a post.... No special treatment there.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 06:11 AM
Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Quote:
R-TV at the time was within the speech department, so not only can I do the voice of Bullwinkle, the Emperor, Stephen Hawking, and the entire cast of My Fair Lady, I can do lines from any one of those in any of their voices.

Great party bit, if I ever got invited to parties.
I do wish you hadn't told us that. From now on I'll be hearing you speak in the voices of William Conrad or Edward Everett Horton...

--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:10 AM
LcJ
Find More Posts by LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
6,194 Posts
Alfie.....of course.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:08 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,406 Posts
Quote:
From now on I'll be hearing you speak...
My Audrey Hepburn cockney is particularly annoying. Natasha, less so.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 02:27 AM
Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,414 Posts
Quote:
My Audrey Hepburn cockney is particularly annoying. Natasha, less so.
Nothing could be as bad as Dick Van Dyke's 'Cockney' accent.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Nov 18, 2011, 06:51 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
All of these responses are not related to butterflies. I will alert the mods and have everything "split" into another thread.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:16 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post
All of these responses are not related to butterflies. I will alert the mods and have everything "split" into another thread.
I think you should..

Did you know Monarch butterflies produce a super generation each year that fly from New England to Mexico?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:17 AM
Find More Posts by Karl Bē
29 rods from you in western WI
Joined Jan 2003
4,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post
This thread is about Butterflies. Any posts not having to do with Butterflies will be reported and moved....
Perhaps you meant to post this in Chit Chat? That might be a better place for butterflies. Thread starters can delete unwanted posts in that forum as well. It's pretty much just another puff of flatulence in Site Chat.
Karl Bē is offline Find More Posts by Karl Bē