Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM
Lee
Find More Posts by Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,849 Posts
This is my new favorite because I can change the color from my transmitter on the ground.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...trol_Unit.html

I have never seen a plane that is too bright.
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 11:57 AM
Find More Posts by sr175
United States, CA, Manteca
Joined Mar 2013
1,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscarawa View Post
Question about LED strips. Which are most people using, the 5050 or the 3528? I have both strings in 60 unit/meter density. The 5050 has a 720 lm/m output with 14.4 watts and the 3528 has 300lm/m output at 4.8 watts. The 3528 is not as bright but is that preferred for night flying? Do people ever get these planes too bright? This is my first nightflying rig.

I also have some of the 3014 but not sure how the spec out in power consumption and light output.

Thx
Honestly you will find folks are using different things but I think it comes down to do you like it? Are they causing any adverse problems like too much heat or too much draw for your tastes? If you like it and there are no problems then that's the one for you! Just my opinion though. I did check my last order off of ebay and they were 3528's but I am not aware of any rules that you have to follow. This may be what most people are using but why be like most lol?! As far as too bright it depends on your eyes. I have not had any problems with that but brighter the better for me but I have heard a couple other people that had said something like that for certain colors such as white.
sr175 is online now Find More Posts by sr175