HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2013, 04:18 AM
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,606 Posts
Contest
FSS #6 Thermal Duration at IRKS Cocoa, Nov 9 and 10.

Hey Ladies and Gents,
The time has come once again to dust off your TD ship and get her out for a Florida Fling at Cocoa FL. Scheduled for Nov 9 and 10 with weather to die for - come and join us in Central Florida for two days of fun in the fall sun.

IRKS - Space Coast Aeromodeling Park is located on the south side of the Central Disposal Facility at 1050 Adamson Road, Cocoa, FL 32926 which is located on the north side of SR524. Take I-95 to Exit 202. Go west 1.2 miles and turn Right on Adamson Road. Go 2.2 miles and turn Left into the Central Disposal Facility. Go 0.4 miles and turn left. Follow the road around to the south side (0.8 miles) and enter the field. GPS coordinates are N28d23m27s x W80d50m12s.

Saturdays and Sundays event will be held at the IRKS field at Cocoa. The gate will be open from 8:00am at IRKS with one of us guiding each of you in. Please Don't be late as the Gate will not be manned after 10:00am on Saturday and 9:00am Sunday. (If you are late please call Gordon on 4076878426 and we will send someone up to let you in.)

TD Events: Unlimited Thermal Duration both days open winch honors callup. Pilots will be classified as "Experts" and "Sportsmen", and "Grey Cup". Awards will be given for first, second, and third places in Expert and Sportsman and 1st and 2ndin Grey Cup. On both days, the beginning task time will be announced at the pilot's meeting and task times may be changed after each round.

Saturday registration opens at 0830 with pilots' meeting at 0945.
Sunday registration opens at 0730 with pilots' meeting at 0845.

Entry fee is $15 per day.
Please bring lunch. We will have plenty of water available on ice.

CD: Gordon Buckland
Aussiekk@bellsouth.net
aussief3b is offline Find More Posts by aussief3b
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:58 AM
United States, FL, Titusville
Joined Mar 2013
106 Posts
Hey Gordon, I will be there to help on Sunday with Scoring if you need me. Saturday I have a baby shower I am committed to. Dillon and John will be there both day's to fly and help of course
XCmama is offline Find More Posts by XCmama
Old Oct 30, 2013, 06:57 AM
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,606 Posts
Thankyou Kim. much appreciated.
Ok who is going to be flying at FSS 6? Please add your name to the list.
Gordon Buckland
Dillon Graves
John Graves
Enrico Parades
Jim MacLean
John Kennedy
Jody Miller
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by aussief3b; Nov 01, 2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:01 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2007
34 Posts
fss 6

I plan to come sat and possibly sun
Best, Jim MacLean
JimMacL is offline Find More Posts by JimMacL
Old Oct 31, 2013, 12:12 PM
United States, FL, East Palatka
Joined May 2007
52 Posts
I'm planning on both days.
John K.
roxaneandjohn is offline Find More Posts by roxaneandjohn
Old Oct 31, 2013, 02:19 PM
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,606 Posts
Jim and John added.
Gordon Buckland
Dillon Graves
John Graves
Enrico Parades
Jim MacLean
John Kennedy
Jody Miller
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by aussief3b; Nov 01, 2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old Nov 01, 2013, 08:48 AM
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,606 Posts
Who is coming from the South?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2013, 10:04 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Coral Springs FL
Joined May 2002
686 Posts
Gordon Buckland
Dillon Graves
John Graves
Enrico Parades
Jim MacLean
John Kennedy
Jody Miller
Paul Mittendorff
Jamie Mercado
Dan Johns
Mike Naylor
Radian is online now Find More Posts by Radian
Old Nov 05, 2013, 09:26 PM
LOWWWER!!!
Joined May 2011
116 Posts
Gordon Buckland
Dillon Graves
John Graves
Enrico Parades
Jim MacLean
John Kennedy
Jody Miller
Paul Mittendorff
Jamie Mercado
Dan Johns
Mike Naylor  
Jeff Duvall

I still need my last contest to finish off level four, fifteen pilots is the goal!
TD Dillon is offline Find More Posts by TD Dillon
Old Nov 09, 2013, 07:53 PM
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,606 Posts
So we had a great day of flying with simply awesome lift for the most part but big enough periods of sink to see not one single pilot achieve all their maxes today.
There were many 2 minute and 4 minute flights from talented pilots trying to achieve 10.
When you read the lift correctly though the result was a booming ride downwind to crazy altitudes. We had 10 minute tasks all day and at times it was quite challenging with 10 to 15 mph wind until after noon when it settled down somewhat. Jamie Mercado led the contest all day with a perfect slate until the final round when he too succumbed to the sink gods and dropped his time to finish in 2nd. This allowed me to leapfrog his score for the win and Dillon took 3rd place just 8 points ahead of Jody.
The grey cup brigade was led by a very talented Danny Johns flying his Xplorer like a demon to easily take the win. Jimmy MacLean took the 2nd place flying his Icon 2 in style and John Kennedy and Xplorer was 3rd. John had a pretty good day but couldn't buy a point on the Runway style landing we were using. We used the 5 foot measuring sticks to record a 100 within 6 inches of the center line and 75 for within 15 inches and 50 within 2 feet and 25 outside of that. It was a blast from the past as we have been using the 100 point tapes for a long time.
Tomorrows forecast is for gentle 5mph winds so it looks like a great thermal day again.
See you there at 8:00am gate open.
Gordon Buckland
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by aussief3b; Nov 26, 2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old Nov 09, 2013, 11:16 PM
Jody Miller
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jun 2009
489 Posts
Good challenging day today. Have fun in the morn guys! See you all at the tangerine.
Jody
sailjester2811 is offline Find More Posts by sailjester2811
Old Nov 10, 2013, 04:46 PM
Joined Mar 2013
106 Posts
Pictures coming soon!
XCmama is offline Find More Posts by XCmama
Old Nov 10, 2013, 08:43 PM
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,606 Posts
Sunday Photos

Great day again with probably the best soaring conditions we have had all year.
Lift cycle through every few minutes and 10 pilots made the most of it with 8 rounds of Honors call up Open winch TD soaring.
In the end The Grey cup was won by Mike Miami Naylor with Danny Johns in 2nd.
The expert class was dominated all day by Dillon with a great display of thermaling and landing to outscore Gordon with Jamie Mercado in 3rd place.
The conditions were so good we also ran a 1km goal and return during lunch with Paul Mittendorff on the sticks.
It was an easy LSF task completed in less than 10 minutes in amazing air.
After the event we headed to the bush and retrieved Jeffs 3.8 X2 which had stayed treed all night. It was a delicate operation but we prevailed with $20 worth of steel conduit from Home Depot and although we broke off the fin no further damage was done.
I am sorry to say that those who didnt attend the event today really missed out on one of the best soaring days I can ever remember.
See you all at the Tangerine in 2 weeks.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by aussief3b; Nov 26, 2013 at 08:39 AM.