HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:22 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Whoa there my friend. That was in no way a criticism of your video directly. I actually was seeking your opinion on those steps as being included in Page #1 somewhere per you suggestion. I did not intend for you to take it personally at all. Obviously, you did and for that, I am truly sorry. I meant no harm whatsoever. Probably the biggest thing I have to share in my defense is that we are on each others "friends'" list. That is pretty important to me. I hope it is to you, too. IMO, you are one of the good guys and I have ALWAYS enjoyed your posts. I try to make it a habit when I read something a little bit negative from a listed friend is to PM him and ask him where I am mistaken. Nearly 100% of the time, it is my reading something wrong. That friend list means to that is always wrong to say something bad about someone on my friend list. So, I apologize again. I again assure you that the steps that I laid out were for you approval or input on how to improve them so things like what happened don't happen to newcomers to the thread. I hope you can let this go.
Your Friend (I hope)
AJ
P.S. When you get done being mad, I would appreciate a PM (or whatever) from you about your opinion of those video steps (for anyone who cares). TIA.
Nope, not mad at all. I's just explaining MY take & where it sits in the big picture....meaning there's other considerations when it comes to this particular thing.

And in short, no apologies needed, much less expected....and friendship isn't involved in any way. Best said is yes, you read it wrong....or hell, maybe I wrote it wrong. Not worth gettin' all angsty over.

I still vote 'no' on Page1 how-to on videos....peops gonna do what they gonna do, & me nor you gonna ever be able to change that. Don't sweat it, just know where your controls are, & use 'em to suit your tastes.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:37 AM
Space is the answer
Australia, VIC, Warneet
Joined Mar 2011
368 Posts
Motor/Prop data continued

Just finished bench testing of the Turnigy B2835-2200 inrunner from HK, same battery and Wattmeter used as per my previous post http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=9757

Stock 5x3 19.17Ap/11.86Vm/227.9Wp
MAS 6x4 Nitro 24.23Ap/11.87Vm/287.6Wp
TGS 6x4 E 27.97Ap/11.75Vm/327.9Wp
APC 6x4 EP 27.15Ap/11.75Vm/320.0Wp
MAS 6x4x3 EP 29.31Ap/11.69Vm/342.6Wp

Quite a difference to the RC Timer BC 2212/6-2200 outrunner.

Now for the stock BL outrunner.
ozair is offline Find More Posts by ozair
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:01 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted View Post
...Now back to our regular programming.
... He got re-enthused about RC a few weeks ago seeing me fly mine and me handing him my TX to give it a go. That ended with him asking me to order one for him, and which he has now almost ready to maiden. Another old head at the field also opined his liking of the Bix as something he could fly from his front yard (country boy with a big gasser Cub), so maybe another potential happy camper. Let's keep the good times rolling.
Ted
Oops, almost forgot to tell....
I mentioned about the 'crowd' behind us being abuzz about the Bix. Check this out. One of the newbs' Dad was with him in the prep area, & his Mom was sitting in their car. She got out, came over to them & started asking about the Bix....she thought it was just beautiful* & wants one! How's THAT for recruitin'?
*(and I agree!)

I didn't catch it at the time but heard later on the video what sounded like Mike tellin them to check Banana Hobby (they were on an iPhone looking for info)....too late for me to correct so no tellin' how THAT's gonna work out!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by StarHopper44; Oct 18, 2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:08 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post

My computer shop (friends whom I consulted) says this computer's graphics card can't be upgraded; it's built into the motherboard & no mods available....and there's nothing short of buying a new computer I can do. .
You have mentioned the area of my expertise - computers (Phd-42yrs.exper). So, I find that very difficult to believe, though possibly true. Since this is so far OT, could you please PM me the exact model # of your motherboard and I will check my stock (about 30 video PCB's) and if I have one that will work for you, I will send it to you for the cost of postage.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:55 AM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2007
484 Posts
Quote:
You have mentioned the area of my expertise - computers (Phd-42yrs.exper). So, I find that very difficult to believe, though possibly true. Since this is so far OT, could you please PM me the exact model # of your motherboard and I will check my stock (about 30 video PCB's) and if I have one that will work for you, I will send it to you for the cost of postage.
AJ
This (graphics can't be upgraded) is normal for notebook computers.
Reegor is offline Find More Posts by Reegor
Old Oct 18, 2011, 03:28 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,120 Posts
Quote:
That is EXACTLY why I did not bother with you. No one, I mean NO ONe appreciates you playing the "gotcha" game. That is rude and inappropriate. Besides, you are a newcomer and that type of behavior will not win you points anytime.
AJ
BTW-All the xmitters are equipped with 50ohm resistors that come into play if the antenna is not connected. But, you knew that and your whole post was just to make sure that I did. It served no purpose to help anyone except you ego which is now shot because I am quite familiar with the tx's operations.
I may be ignorant, and I really do mean that. I'm not an EE and only understand that mismatched SWR in a transmission line can overload the output section. But how does a passive device like a resistor change the SWR of the transmission line (what's left of the antenna path once you remove it)?
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:43 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,743 Posts
Quote:
... Since this is so far OT, could you please PM me ...AJ
Check PM.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:27 AM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted View Post
Hopper,

And let's not forget Gene on his trip. You bring the steaks, I've got the beer. Party time!

edit - About my reputed still. I ain't gots one, nobuddy seen me and youse caint prove it! At least that's how Bart would say it if he was from Joisey.
I'll be coming round the mountain when I come.....
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:39 AM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,851 Posts
Gliding hands free ??

Hi ...

Now and after I've lost a lot of weight and my Bixler with an FPV dummy weight is 1016 g (35.85 oz) , Wing loading is 12.84 oz/sq.ft

It balances perfectly at 65 mm from leading edge ...almost on the spar

The problem is that I cannot glide unpowered and hands free ... it tends to dive when I cut the throttle and maybe tip stall too .. I have to maintain a minimum amount of throttle for it to glide .. I wonder if this is normal for my relatively heavy Bixler ...

Thanks a lot

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:58 AM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,597 Posts
Did you ever fly it bone stock to check it out? Might be a good idea to get it working right that way first. Although 60mm is the suggested cg, 65mm is not bad and should be fine. Overall weight is most likely your issue if it is trimmed right or even close. Maybe with the increased weight it is more touchy and needs to be right at 60mm..... try it. I doubt it though, that should make it more nose heavy.
jrjr is offline Find More Posts by jrjr
Last edited by jrjr; Oct 18, 2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:32 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled_abobakr View Post
Hi ...

Now and after I've lost a lot of weight and my Bixler with an FPV dummy weight is 1016 g (35.85 oz) , Wing loading is 12.84 oz/sq.ft

It balances perfectly at 65 mm from leading edge ...almost on the spar

The problem is that I cannot glide unpowered and hands free ... it tends to dive when I cut the throttle and maybe tip stall too .. I have to maintain a minimum amount of throttle for it to glide .. I wonder if this is normal for my relatively heavy Bixler ...

Thanks a lot

Khaled
Sounds like it's slightly nose heavy to me.
Don't know your whole rig's setup but, I think you should be able to trim it out by sliding your LiPo back a little. I'd try sliding it back as far as I could get it, maybe program in a notch of up elevator trim & re-check glide. If the 'up' makes it work, set it there with your clevis adjustment so you can re-center your trim button on the Tx.

FWIW, I put 2 different-colored dots under my wing with Sharpie pens, representing 60 & 70mm....and when I went to add another dot for 62mm, it basically just made the 60mm mark look like an '8'. So, I put the 3rd in the center to represent 65mm. My point is, the whole 10mm span ain't all that wide, & if you draw it out on paper to see it visually, the whole span is smaller than the width of your fingertip, which most use to check balance before launching. Ergo, when we're talking 60, 62, 65 & 70mm settings, it's a pretty fine incrementing.

Please let us know how it works out for ya!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:38 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
Joined Jun 2011
5,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
I'll be coming round the mountain when I come.....
You ain't foolin' me one bit d00d....I know a beer-hauler when I see one.
MY MAN!!!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:57 AM
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
You ain't foolin' me one bit d00d....I know a beer-hauler when I see one.
MY MAN!!!!!
Not so fast! It's empty and he's looking for donations.

Ted
G550Ted is offline Find More Posts by G550Ted
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:49 AM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
Did you ever fly it bone stock to check it out? Might be a good idea to get it working right that way first. Although 60mm is the suggested cg, 65mm is not bad and should be fine. Overall weight is most likely your issue if it is trimmed right or even close. Maybe with the increased weight it is more touchy and needs to be right at 60mm..... try it. I doubt it though, that should make it more nose heavy.
Hi Jrjr

Frankly .. I never flew in in stock form (weight ) because I built it with the intention to use it for FPV ..so the best I can do is to fly it without the FPV dummy weight and with a smaller battery to compensate for the minimum necessary embedded CF reinforcements .. which are actually almsot impossible to undo without tearing the whole plane apart .. so here is the suggested new lighter weight I will do a test flight with

AUW= 822 g (29 oz) with a 1300mah 3S lipo ...

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:55 AM
Joined Oct 2007
66 Posts
Quote:
That is EXACTLY why I did not bother with you. No one, I mean NO ONe appreciates you playing the "gotcha" game. That is rude and inappropriate. Besides, you are a newcomer and that type of behavior will not win you points anytime.
AJ
BTW-All the xmitters are equipped with 50ohm resistors that come into play if the antenna is not connected. But, you knew that and your whole post was just to make sure that I did. It served no purpose to help anyone except you ego which is now shot because I am quite familiar with the tx's operations.
If you are not going to bother with me as YOU state above, why are you explaining how your Txs are outfitted with 50ohm loads? Why are you taking the time to do that, especially from someone who has been rude to you? Can anyone guess?

Your assumption that I knew your Txs were equipped with 50 ohm resistors is just that, an assumption on your part. I simply ask you to reveal the name of the manufacture & model number of your Txs for the purpose of learning how they went about acheiving the pre-load when the antenna was removed. Now that you are once again responding, how about revealing to all of us the name of the manufacture and model number of your Txs.
Ole Joe is offline Find More Posts by Ole Joe