HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:02 PM
Surf's up!!
United States, Mt, East Helena
Joined Oct 2005
1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyowindworks View Post
What? Why is there a picture of a Slope plane in an ALES forum?
Adam, you need to get of your small epoxy fume filled work space, LOL! This is a slope forum. Besides you know us Montana folk, we never pay attention to what's what, just do it our way, LOL!!!!

Chip
sixty9mustang is online now Find More Posts by sixty9mustang
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:42 PM
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
GuiotsBaby is offline Find More Posts by GuiotsBaby
Last edited by GuiotsBaby; Apr 13, 2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:03 AM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiotsBaby View Post
My thoughts exactly!

TIO
Hey TIO,

All your acronyms got me to thinkin and I came up with

ALES-Another Legendary Excellent Sloper
Always Lift Except on Sunday
A Lift Evolving Sloper
Adam Loves Everyones Slopers
Adam Loves Electric Slopers, hehe!
Always Learning to Excel on Slope
Another Living Electric Scandal
Attitude & Lift Equals Soaring

SLOPE-Strange Lights On Plane's Exterior

Just a few for ya!
Chip
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:49 AM
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
Last edited by GuiotsBaby; Apr 13, 2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:24 PM
United States, Mt, Belgrade
Joined Feb 2010
534 Posts
We tried!

Well........my brother TIO and I tried to make it to Table Top for an afternoon and early evening of Slope Soaring today, but as the picture indicates, we ran into a problem. When we left Belgrade it was mildly overcast, and there was a great N/NW wind blowing, (perfect for TT). However, by the time we made it to the road that leads up to Table Top, it had rained enough, and was snowing pretty thickly, to the point that the road was questionable. For those that don't know, a good section of the last part of the road that heads up to Table Top does not have a good gravel base, and the top several inches turns to nothing but sticky, slippery mud when sufficiently wet. That was it's condition when we got to that point. So rather than risk getting stuck, or tearing up the road and rutting it out, we turned around and headed home, thankful for the opportunity to give our slope planes an afternoon ride We're back home now with the planes back in storage, and thankful that we have no repairs to make Time to sit on the couch and "rest" from that excursion
Blessings from......
PMT and TIO
Paradise MT is offline Find More Posts by Paradise MT
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:00 PM
Joined Feb 2010
534 Posts
Table Top Success

Ok.....

Today's trip to Table Top was a giant blessing. My brother TIO and I both flew til we were sunburned and tired. We did a lot of thermaling, Gentle Lady sloping, Radian thermaling and sloping, and a variety of great aileron sloping. TIO got to spend some quality time in the air with his beautiful scratch built Breezy, and then a successful maiden flight with his (two years in completing) Ninja. Not only did he do a great job building it, but it flew as nice as any plane in his hangar. It is both stable and fast, and a lot of fun to watch in the air. (Enjoy the attached pix.)

Chip.....sorry you couldn't make it. I finally got to fly the Guppy I bought from you. Once I got it trimmed out, it flew great! Maybe you'll be able to make it next time!
Blessings!
Arlen
Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:39 AM
Red Merle ALES
United States, Mt, Helena
Joined Apr 2002
5,326 Posts
Awesome! I'm glad you guys had a great time. I was checking winds at the airport and they seemed real light. Congrats on the Ninja maiden! Beautiful plane.

Curtis
Curtis Suter is online now Find More Posts by Curtis Suter
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:03 PM
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
Last edited by GuiotsBaby; Apr 28, 2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:54 PM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise MT View Post
Ok.....

Today's trip to Table Top was a giant blessing. My brother TIO and I both flew til we were sunburned and tired. We did a lot of thermaling, Gentle Lady sloping, Radian thermaling and sloping, and a variety of great aileron sloping. TIO got to spend some quality time in the air with his beautiful scratch built Breezy, and then a successful maiden flight with his (two years in completing) Ninja. Not only did he do a great job building it, but it flew as nice as any plane in his hangar. It is both stable and fast, and a lot of fun to watch in the air. (Enjoy the attached pix.)

Chip.....sorry you couldn't make it. I finally got to fly the Guppy I bought from you. Once I got it trimmed out, it flew great! Maybe you'll be able to make it next time!
Blessings!
Arlen
Arlen and TIO,

Congrats on the maidens! SO glad the Guppy flew well. Did youever get the canopy for it? Sounds like a perfect day to me. Great pictures also! Can't wait to maiden a couple of mine also. I also need to spend some time with my others as well. I may just have to bring a tent and my whole hangar when I finally get to come out there

Really glad you guys had a good day of flying. I think I may just work on something today and tomorrow, just in spite of it all, HAHAHA!

Thanks for sharing your fun!
Chip
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:17 PM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,075 Posts
Arlen & gang, I'll be back up there later this summer, at the end of June. I really hope we get a chance to go fly Table Top together!

Best,

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
Last edited by GuiotsBaby; Apr 27, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:21 PM
Feeling FrSky
Joined Feb 2003
20,075 Posts
Cool, Tio Do you know your name means "Uncle" in Spanish, and it's commonly used amongst friends, the same way that people use "Bro" or "Buddy" here? Factoids, I haz them!

Table Top looks to have a lot of VTPR potential. I also enjoy flying the Hogback in the Paradise Valley. Huge lift, beautiful views... love it

Steve
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
Last edited by GuiotsBaby; Apr 28, 2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Just cleaning house a bit...
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:31 PM
Feeling FrSky
Joined Feb 2003
20,075 Posts
You're doing darn well to get on the internet considering you don't have it!

Steve
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:02 PM
Joined Feb 2010
534 Posts
Chuckle

Steve,

Little does my brother TIO know that you are the very first one to introduce me to the "electric" Radian. They handle rather nicely on the slopes, and are especially nice when the wind dissipates, huh? Looking forward to seeing you up here.
Blessings,

Arlen