HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2007, 03:37 PM
Killeen TX
Joined Dec 2006
1,441 Posts
Discussion
something under 42" Wing Span?

im looking for a Edge/Extra style plane, under 42"(this is a must,its the max size i can fit in my car)
must be full fuse' and airfoil wing. would prefer balsa plane, but would entertain a foamie if it met the above critieria.
any suggestions?
STANG KILLA SS is offline Find More Posts by STANG KILLA SS
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2007, 04:21 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,450 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721432 <--- PA Addiction
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 20, 2007, 05:28 PM
kalteisen.com
Omaha, NE
Joined Aug 2003
2,584 Posts
Katana 350

http://kalteisen.com/katana_350.html

Holiday sale price:
http://kalteisen.com/sale.html

Length: 32.75
Span: 35.5
RTF Weight: 14oz-15oz

Q
Quicker is offline Find More Posts by Quicker
Old Nov 20, 2007, 06:29 PM
New Jersey
Joined Oct 2003
1,655 Posts
Airfoilz extra 260- http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770794

Michael Yosten AirfoilZ Extra 260 (3 min 36 sec)
furyflyer2 is offline Find More Posts by furyflyer2
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 20, 2007, 07:03 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,549 Posts
Mini most anything......Mini edge 540 , Mini Funtana , Mini Ultra Stick ,, Brio 10 and those are all from Horizon.

Many / most of the 47' wing span planes have removeable wing halfs.

Extra 300 SHP and such.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Nov 20, 2007, 08:05 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS
im looking for a Edge/Extra style plane, under 42"(this is a must,its the max size i can fit in my car)
must be full fuse' and airfoil wing. would prefer balsa plane, but would entertain a foamie if it met the above critieria.
any suggestions?
If you need 42" because of your car, the 3DHS 47" planes have removable wing yhalves, so they transport even easier than a 42" sinble wing panel plane.

If you don't mind taking the wings off, the 3DHS Extra is the most popular plane on the market right now. It probably has the most rabid following on the internet. Check the 3DHS thread on this forum and you will see why. The 3DHS extra SHP is the most fun airplane I have ever owned.

If you have another reason for wanting 42", the Extreme Flight Addiction is a mega sport 3D plane. It looks cool, it flies super solid, and it's extremely pilot friendly. It's also put together really nice. I flew a friend's and it was and absolute hoot. It's so nice I am going to get one when finances recover a bit for me.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Nov 20, 2007, 08:21 PM
NJ
Joined Aug 2003
8,892 Posts
Fliton Inspire mini - I prefer the white version to the transparent
http://fliton.com/new/doc/frame.asp
mexico is offline Find More Posts by mexico
Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:06 PM
Killeen TX
Joined Dec 2006
1,441 Posts
ill try to answer these in order

aerofundan
ive never liked that plane, just not realistic enough for me, plus i hate clear planes , excellent performer though, i have the vids saved on my comp.

Quicker
ive never seen that site before, thanks for the link, just not realistic enough for me. good price though.

furyflyer2
already have a airfoilz been watching that one since the sneak peak. and its out of stock correct?

everydayflyer
i think you just found my next plane!! the fliton Mini Extra 330 is EXACTLY what ive been looking for, and a 38" WS to boot!

Doc Austin
no i also want under 42" because i already have all the electronics for that size plane, motor, props, esc, batteries etc.
i love most all of 3dHS planes. just exactly what i like. just too big

mexico
never liked those style planes, ive always dubbed them "cab forward" design. with the canopy right behind the cowl. dont like the look.

keep the suggestions coming, right now the fliton mini extra 330 looks to be perfect for me.
STANG KILLA SS is offline Find More Posts by STANG KILLA SS
Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:19 PM
3DHS Junkie
Rhode Island
Joined Jun 2005
5,682 Posts
Quote:
ill try to answer these in order

aerofundan
ive never liked that plane, just not realistic enough for me, plus i hate clear planes , excellent performer though, i have the vids saved on my comp.

Quicker
ive never seen that site before, thanks for the link, just not realistic enough for me. good price though.

furyflyer2
already have a airfoilz been watching that one since the sneak peak. and its out of stock correct?

everydayflyer
i think you just found my next plane!! the fliton Mini Extra 330 is EXACTLY what ive been looking for, and a 38" WS to boot!

Doc Austin
no i also want under 42" because i already have all the electronics for that size plane, motor, props, esc, batteries etc.
i love most all of 3dHS planes. just exactly what i like. just too big

mexico
never liked those style planes, ive always dubbed them "cab forward" design. with the canopy right behind the cowl. dont like the look.

keep the suggestions coming, right now the fliton mini extra 330 looks to be perfect for me.

How bout the eflite mini funtana x? Oh and the fliton inspire mini is amazing!
800mZero is offline Find More Posts by 800mZero
Last edited by 800mZero; Nov 21, 2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:49 PM
Don't lie to my dog.
United States, DE, Wilmington
Joined Jun 2005
3,062 Posts
The Fliton Extra 330 Mini is tied for my favorite plane. I am getting rid of all my planes except that one and my SHP. The Mini is a great airplane, but (there's always a big but) it is fragile and a little tricky to build. Read the thread and ask questions. If you build it light it is a fantastic flier.
Gregg28 is online now Find More Posts by Gregg28
Old Nov 21, 2007, 01:02 PM
San Antonio TX
Joined Aug 2006
363 Posts
The Fliton Mini 330 Extra is a great flying plane if you can stand the build and all of the mods needed. The Fliton Mini 260 (42.25 inch removeable wings) is an easier build but really needs a 480 size motor. IMHO the 330 flys much better. I've owned both.
TXTATE is offline Find More Posts by TXTATE
Old Nov 21, 2007, 01:06 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico
Fliton Inspire mini - I prefer the white version to the transparent
http://fliton.com/new/doc/frame.asp
I had a transparent. After working on it the thing looked like a cut away drawing of a vacumn cleaner. There was balsa dust everywhere just from drilling the holes for the servo screws. It was so nasty looking that I got rid of it after one flight. It didn't fly that well either, which is how I ended up with an Aspera.....well, I ended up with three of them.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Nov 21, 2007, 01:08 PM
3DHS Junkie
Rhode Island
Joined Jun 2005
5,682 Posts
dont rule the eflite extra 260 out as a well.
800mZero is offline Find More Posts by 800mZero
Old Nov 21, 2007, 01:19 PM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,211 Posts
Quote:
im looking for a Edge/Extra style plane, under 42"
The Eflite Extra 260 is a real nice flyer and is about exactly the size you are indicating you'd like. It has a very scale appearance and is an excellent 3D'er. Lots of pictures and info here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711056

Very durable, which I can personally attest to, with a carbon wing tube and excellent landing gear set up.
r/cdawg is offline Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Old Nov 21, 2007, 01:21 PM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800mZero
dont rule the eflite extra 260 out as a well.
You were a little quicker on the trigger than I was. Ya what he said.
r/cdawg is offline Find More Posts by r/cdawg