Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 16, 2007, 10:10 AM
Dragonus II Plus
Outside Philly
Joined Jun 2007
786 Posts
Help!
Anybody Else Ever Had This Happen

So I was flying my AA bipe today I've had it for a bit now and it flies great. I love this thing. Anyway towards the end of my run as the battery started to die it hit the ground not very hard and not unlike any of the other times I have had it crash....well now it seems one of the moters is not spinning as fast and all it does now is turn sharply to the left and dive into the ground. I ran the battery until it was completely dead waited about 30 mins or so and recharched it thinking that maybe it was because the battery was so low, but once charged it is doing the same thing, its unflyable in this condition any suggestions
Realmkaos is offline Find More Posts by Realmkaos
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2007, 10:24 AM
Wellington Kansas
Joined Apr 2007
189 Posts
Check the slow motor for cobwebs or hair. Look between the prop and the shaft, otherwise It sounds to me like a dead(ish) player.
Conrad Turner is offline Find More Posts by Conrad Turner
Old Jun 16, 2007, 10:43 AM
Dragonus II Plus
Outside Philly
Joined Jun 2007
786 Posts
I just check the props and there is not anything in them....the plot thickens though...I just turned it back on, and have it sitting on a smooth table, gave it throttle and it went right across the table straight as an arrow tried it again same thing...on the third attempt it started to go in left hand circles and the one motor is slower again
Old Jun 16, 2007, 10:57 AM
Wellington Kansas
Joined Apr 2007
189 Posts
Are you within the warranty period? If so, take it back before it runs out. If not, then it's still got good parts on it and it's time to bite the bullet and buy a new one, or three.
Conrad Turner is offline Find More Posts by Conrad Turner
Old Jun 16, 2007, 02:08 PM
Dragonus II Plus
Outside Philly
Joined Jun 2007
786 Posts
Thanks man...I guess I can always use extra spare parts...but it was my favorite one
Old Jun 16, 2007, 03:22 PM
Joined Jun 2006
181 Posts
Is the motor itself slow, or is the prop not spinning fast enough. If it is the latter maybe the prop is cracked and there is no traction between the motor and the prop.
-Francis
franciscantony is offline Find More Posts by franciscantony
Old Jun 16, 2007, 03:46 PM
Just "PLANE" crazy
Chennai, India
Joined Dec 2003
1,214 Posts
I know this might sound dumb.. but.. have u check the trim knob? cause on mine it seems to change everytime I switch off the rx and tx.. (I may just be imagining it though :P )
Spy king is offline Find More Posts by Spy king
Old Jun 16, 2007, 04:26 PM
Dragonus II Plus
Outside Philly
Joined Jun 2007
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscantony
Is the motor itself slow, or is the prop not spinning fast enough. If it is the latter maybe the prop is cracked and there is no traction between the motor and the prop.
-Francis
I tried blowing on the props to make them spin and the one slow one stops considerably quicker then the other one. but I still cannot figure out why if I let it sit for awhile it spin properly for a few seconds then slow again...maybe a loos connection?

and spy king..I tried adjusting the trim knob, but it did not help
Old Jun 16, 2007, 08:55 PM
Joined Jun 2007
287 Posts
Could be motor-lock. I've had this happen to some of my 1/10 scale cars where the motor, comm or atten gets burned out or something happens to the internal coil on the motor. My suggestion is to go to Radioshack or online somewhere and find a couple of motors of similar size and rpm then replace yours on the plane.
CaptainRC is offline Find More Posts by CaptainRC
Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:46 PM
Retardedly intelligent
beavercreek,ohio
Joined Jan 2007
3,842 Posts
is the prop pushed on the shaft too tight
foam and tape is offline Find More Posts by foam and tape
Old Jun 17, 2007, 01:13 AM
Saves 1, Kills 0, MIA 1
Joined Dec 2006
567 Posts
Realmkaos:

Had a tail motor on a PicooZ go on me like that. It was a bent motor shaft. Remove the prop then fire it up. If you see a wobble in the shaft, that's your problem. Spin it up again 'n' move a Sharpie in toward the shaft until it makes the lightest touch. If you do it right, you got a mark on the side o' the shaft that's furthest bent out. At least this way you know which way it's bent. Worked for me first time. Jus' a li'le trick to make up for my poor sight. When you get 'er straightened (if that's the problem) use the purest isopropyl alcohol you can find to clean the motors. A tip I picked up from a friend in the (Electrical) Motor Trade. That tip saved a forum members Aero Ace (I was posting in the PicooZ Mod thread at the time). That's what the "Save" is under my Avatar. The MIA was a PicooZ I lodged on a 50 foot high ledge in the atrium at the University while I was doin' my weekly late night radio show. That's where the nitebat name comes from. Like, I don' have the eyesight to be a Night Hawk or Night Owl, so...

nitebat
nitebat is offline Find More Posts by nitebat
Old Jun 17, 2007, 07:01 AM
Dragonus II Plus
Outside Philly
Joined Jun 2007
786 Posts
Ok first thanks for all the suggestions and help......

So today I wake up and take a look at it and give each prop a spin....both seem the same..interesting I thought..so I took it out back for a quick test and dont you know the dang thing flew just fine..now I'm not really complaning since I got some flying time in, but it always bothers me when a problem just seems to fix itself. Both props are on the shaft about the same distance from the motor so I don't think the one is too tight, maybe I need to use alittle alcohol, just in case, and if I want to check the shaft, what is the best way to remove the props?
Old Jun 17, 2007, 09:34 AM
Joined Jun 2007
287 Posts
The props should just pop off with a little tug, you can use some tweezers to get more leverage if you need to. I also woudn't use alcohol. I'd go to your local hobby shoppe and get some stuff called "comm drops". It's cheap and is a good motor lubricant.
CaptainRC is offline Find More Posts by CaptainRC
Old Jun 17, 2007, 10:09 AM
Joined Jun 2007
41 Posts
i has this trouble and i lubricate motors by WD-40.

just spray it on the axe of motor, wait few seconds for WD-40 get into the motor, then turn the motor on for few seconds.
Obormot is offline Find More Posts by Obormot
Old Jun 17, 2007, 10:20 AM
Practice Makes Precision
United States, MO, Knob Noster
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
yea i just lube em' with some WD40 and they equal them selves out!
TDisaster is offline Find More Posts by TDisaster