Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 05, 2014, 02:02 PM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,475 Posts
Well, I have spent a wonderful day - the morning was spent watching the Tour de France passing within two miles of my house, and the afternoon spent watching the rest of this wonderful sporting event on the TV. I do not follow cycle racing, nor do I support any team - but to be part of the excitement and the passion with which Yorkshire has embraced Le Grand Depart was a real experience.

It also made me confront my own hypocrisy. There will indeed be some who would resent the disruption, the 1000 road closures, the TV coverage.

Therefore I should like to apologise to Reginald for my previous statements concerning football. I also offer my condolences for the recent result. If I were a football fan I would certainly have been cheering for the Red Devils myself, being regular visitor to Belgium and a lover of their brewing skills! There is also the small matter that the UK have ---er--- history with the opponents. I certainly hold Argentina no grudge - it was all down to politicians - but I would have waved the black yellow & red flag!!!

Colonel Blink is online now Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Last edited by Colonel Blink; Jul 05, 2014 at 02:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2014, 03:02 PM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,455 Posts
The Red Devils did play sooooooooo slow again. Like Dutch critic Jan Mulder, I admire the guy, said before : it's all that mathematical nonsense. By the way, I never watch games trough the year, only world championships. And just like cycling it is all bought out and drugged. And, like the old saying : a fish starts rotting at the head. Not surprising Britain has become a bit more interested in cycling with boys like Froom and Cavendish. Apologies are not needed, though I admit I do have a custom built for me Merckx race cycle hanging on the garage wall . . . my dad did sponsor him in the sixties. The French nicknamed him le canibal. Typical French chauvinism and jealousy of course. But he was just the greatest ever.
Reginald is online now Find More Posts by Reginald