HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2014, 05:46 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,661 Posts
I know for me when I fly her I use both AIL & RUDD in the same direction & than at some point in the turn I need to go opposite AIL, other wise she'll go into a spiral like maneuver & want to roll over.

Keeping in RUDD allows the nose to follow thru & putting in opposite AIL allows me to keep entering a "tight" banked turn yet still appearing like a coordinated turn. If that makes sense?

Haven't flown her in forever & took her up last month on Father's Day, whoa, after flying FPV & a quad I forgot what she was like, LOL.

I would recommend climbing a little, always helps if you have some altitude to recover ;-)

Best of luck
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2014, 08:50 PM
cmd
Niceville, FL
Joined Oct 2004
1,184 Posts
I agree. I put in a touch of aileron and then rudder the aircraft around, keeping the aileron neutral. Opposite aileron is applied before taking out the rudder and it rolls level as soon as the rudder is neutralized. I use just enough elevator to keep the nose from dropping. More bank means more elevator. Be careful in tight turns to keep the airspeed up so the blades don't slow and stall. If you don't have the blades flying, you don't have any lift.

It will cruise just fine at or above 1/2 throttle.

Keep it close. Orientation is a problem for me if I get it too far away.
cmd is offline Find More Posts by cmd
Old Jul 13, 2014, 08:22 AM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
1,971 Posts
I also agree...she really is not too bad but if she gets away from you she goes down FAST..in that case just cut power and most likely very little demage will occur..
If you do not have the auto spin than take offs are tough...but with the auto she is very easy to take off..
Bank her first, release bank and use rudder and elevator to finish...use opposite airelon if you bank her too much...Once you get use to it she is really not bad and it just loves mild wind...like up to 10 mph...
sanman55 is offline Find More Posts by sanman55
Old Jul 13, 2014, 06:55 PM
cmd
Niceville, FL
Joined Oct 2004
1,184 Posts
Has anyone found a way to get the blades to track? Mine are out by an inch from high blade to low blade. I balanced each blade individually and made each one identical in weight and moment arm, just like for my helicopter blades.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 09:46 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,130 Posts
Balancing, normally doesn't effect tracking, pitch effects tracking. One is has higher or lower pitch than the other, or one blade is twisted more or less than the other.

Stevet.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jul 14, 2014, 05:51 PM
cmd
Niceville, FL
Joined Oct 2004
1,184 Posts
So how do I fix it?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 06:35 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,130 Posts
Put some different color tape on the ends of each blade. Check to see which one is high or low, then adjust the pitch as needed.

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...