Old Jul 11, 2014, 09:56 AM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonasj View Post
Hi!
I found that someone else had the same problem, but it wasn't solved yet.
One of my Ladybirds motors is "lazy", starts spinning after others and stops earlier. And no amount of trim will help to adjust this. I just replaced the motor with a brand new one, no success. Tried with 2 fully charged batteris and tinkering the wiring.
Flicking the propels with fingers, seems that all spin equally well. No hair or other junk.

This started gradually, after a couple of hard crashes it has gotten worse.
No visible damage
New receiver? Or new Ladybird and save this crippled one as spare parts? Thoughts?
That sounds like a failed FET chip on the board. Easiest repair is to get a new board. If you can find the right FET value and are good at SMD soldering, the chips can be replaced but unless you're experienced at small soldering work, it's not easy. I've done it several times on Hubsan and HiSky boards.

FYI, MOSFETchips are used like relay valves on these boards. The CPU sends a very low voltage/current signal to one FET connection to control the amount of power from the battery that goes to the motor. They can fail for a number of reasons. Motor wire shorts or over current from a stall (motor powered but prop blocked from spinning, maybe in a crash) are the most common reasons. When they fail, you can see any of a number of symptoms including no motor response (but motor know good), motor spins as soon as board us powered up w/no response to stick, and/or "lazy" response.
stringrazor is online now Find More Posts by stringrazor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:05 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,407 Posts
Hi j,
If you want to try to replace the bad or all the MOSFETs this will help you:
From the Mini and Micro and Nano Multicopter section of the
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
--Replacement MOSFETs for Micro Multicopters: Walkera, Hubsan, WLToys 101
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:30 AM
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
Thanks guys!

I'll probably get a new ladybird and even though fixing the old one sounds hard for my skill level i'll give it a go. Who knows, matbe I learn something in the process. Thanks again for the quick reply!
joonasj is offline Find More Posts by joonasj
Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:03 AM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,122 Posts
Canopy

Broke my canopy need replacement. Any third party canopy that looks nice and is direct fit?
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Old Jul 12, 2014, 01:29 AM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,208 Posts
Can't tape it together?
stringrazor is online now Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Jul 14, 2014, 03:18 PM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,122 Posts
Camera

For Ladybird V2 what is a good and cheap cheaper that is light enough to be velco to the mainframe? 808 #16?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 05:43 AM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,563 Posts
The LB will not carry the camera with the case on, and will badly carry it without the case. I think if you want FPV LB, it would be easier to just buy FPV version.
Mitchie is online now Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:12 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,517 Posts
I understand Quad/ camera but why chose a Quad so small ? I have several V1's and fly fine. If need camera use V929/ V262 etc/ MQX or at least much bigger. Not much lift for payload with tiny props. Plus they have a L/B type quad with camera. Little L/B is quite a good flyer with out bagage.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:23 AM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I understand Quad/ camera but why chose a Quad so small ? I have several V1's and fly fine. If need camera use V929/ V262 etc/ MQX or at least much bigger. Not much lift for payload with tiny props. Plus they have a L/B type quad with camera. Little L/B is quite a good flyer with out bagage.
Just like to fly my LB V2 more then my 200QX since its smaller and I fly in public parks most of the time. No big deal if no camera on LB as I enjoy it more for flying anyway.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 04:09 PM
Joined Jun 2014
6 Posts
Good source for V1 Ladybird

I am looking to buy a V1 Ladybird as well as a Devo 8s or Devo 10. About the only place I have found so far here in the US with any stock on the V1 is Wowhobbies and I have read a number of negative things about them. I could order from Banggood or other asian suppliers but would like to get it from the US if possible. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
djarchow is online now Find More Posts by djarchow
Old Jul 18, 2014, 09:42 AM
United States, FL, Oviedo
Joined Mar 2013
1,082 Posts
Avoid the V1!!! Go for the V2, the V1 has mix issues they prevent proper flight. It won't execute a banked turn... I don't personally have a V1 but this has been the case with everyone I've talked to who has a V1.
Ramz Innovations is offline Find More Posts by Ramz Innovations
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2014, 09:58 AM
Italy
Joined Nov 2011
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramz Innovations View Post
Avoid the V1!!! Go for the V2, the V1 has mix issues they prevent proper flight. It won't execute a banked turn... I don't personally have a V1 but this has been the case with everyone I've talked to who has a V1.
I read that this problem was fixed with a software update. But you have to buy the cable to update.
matrixFLYER is offline Find More Posts by matrixFLYER
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:15 AM
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
Hey! i just got my v2 from hobbyking and i did fly it but the only problem was that it was flying very unevenly (turned to the right, and all the time in front), and according to the instructions until I decided to re-bind so after that it just quickly flashed the red led and nothing happens ..
so I miss orthodox binding instructions or other tips that I could get the machine into the air.
and I could not find the controller binding ...

I regret the very ambiguity of the text.

LDR: does not bind and just flashes red LED

and yes, i'm novice at this
herraorava is offline Find More Posts by herraorava
Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:12 AM
United States, FL, Oviedo
Joined Mar 2013
1,082 Posts
Is the battery charged? Check voltage with a multimeter, under 3.7ish volts and it wont bind. Proper procedure is; turn on controller, plug in battery to ladybird, set it down on a level surface (LEVEL not flat but true level) and wait for bind. It should go from fast blinking red light to slow blinking and then solid light with a slight chirp sound when it's bound and ready.
Ramz Innovations is offline Find More Posts by Ramz Innovations
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:40 AM
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramz Innovations View Post
Is the battery charged? Check voltage with a multimeter, under 3.7ish volts and it wont bind. Proper procedure is; turn on controller, plug in battery to ladybird, set it down on a level surface (LEVEL not flat but true level) and wait for bind. It should go from fast blinking red light to slow blinking and then solid light with a slight chirp sound when it's bound and ready.
volts were 4.12 so it should bind but nothing happens, i did try that with plug and without plug.

Edit: it started working when i changed radio's battery to new ones...
herraorava is offline Find More Posts by herraorava
Last edited by herraorava; Jul 18, 2014 at 11:43 AM. Reason: started working