Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 24, 2010, 05:30 PM
Spring, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
47 Posts
Question
Parkzone ultra micro P-51 Mustang wing replacement

Can anyone advise the proper technique to replace the main wing in this ultra micro P-51D mustang from Parkzone? I have the new wing with the aileron tape and wire.

How do you remove the old wing?

Thank you,
Hemlock is offline Find More Posts by Hemlock
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2010, 07:55 PM
Joined Apr 2007
16 Posts
I have done this, and it is better to do it slowly. The wing is fixed to the FUS with double sidded tape (its very tacky - strong).
You need to cearfully pry between (seperate) both surfaces. It wont come appart straight away you need to work all way around the edges.
1). Firstly I removed the battery tray piece of the FUS from the underside of the wing.
2). Then I opened up the FUS to expose the electrics and unscrewed the alieron horn and unplugged it from the brick.
3). Next start on seperating the wing from the FUS.
4). Make note if were the original tape is located on all surfaces.
5). I removed all the old DS tape and replaced it with some cheap 12mm wide (trimmed down where required) stuff I picked up from Officeworks. (this has worked well).
6). The next trick is getting the alierons back to alignment.
7). I sugest doing a trial run (test fit) by putting the plane back together with only a little bit of tape on the wing (fore and aft). When your happy mark your locations of the wing position onto the FUS, remove the wing and apply the correct amount of tape for your final rebuild. You will know what I mean, when you do your test fit.

Good Luck.
airwolf.au is offline Find More Posts by airwolf.au