New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2015, 05:41 PM
Find More Posts by DZDE
Joined Oct 2014
2 Posts
Question
ER9X + FrSky DHT + X8R + SmartPort Current Sensor?

Hi everybody,

I would really appreciate your help with this one:

I have modded a Turnigy 9X with the DHT DIY Module and connected telemetry. I have flashed the frsky version of er9x (r819) and the Rx/Tx signal strength readout works fine (also the TMok indicator).

Now, I am running this against an X8R receiver connected to the FrSky 40A Smart Port Current/Voltage sensor and I can't get the sensor data to be displayed (the connection seems fine judging the red led flashing speed of the sensor).

Do I need to change something in the binding? In the er9x settings?

Or is this combination not supported at all (I guess the DHT+X8R combination is rather uncommon, but I wanted to be prepared on the receiver/sensors side if I ever move to a Taranis)...

Thanks for your help!
Daniel
DZDE is offline Find More Posts by DZDE
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2015, 05:55 PM
Find More Posts by locoworks
isle of man
Joined Aug 2003
473 Posts
I don't think D modules support S port telemetry. I have a DFT module and wanted full telemetry, I also got the little display thingy and the mount and I couldn't get anything other than the rssi and receiver voltage IIRC, I think the older hub type stuff would work ok but I wasn't going down that road. there is a newer display for the X series modules and I guess S port stuff may work with it. but I have a taranis so its all a bit redundant now. the XFT module seems to be lost in the ether, but you can get an XJT module if you have JR kit or a tranny that uses JR style modules.
locoworks is offline Find More Posts by locoworks
Old Aug 24, 2015, 01:23 PM
Find More Posts by DZDE
Joined Oct 2014
2 Posts
Oh well...

...I guess that was wishful thinking then.
I had figured that since the X8R is listed as being able to work with the DHT Module, it would support telemetry as well in that combination. Getting a D8R-II now Thanks for your help!
DZDE is offline Find More Posts by DZDE
Old Aug 24, 2015, 02:01 PM
Find More Posts by locoworks
isle of man
Joined Aug 2003
473 Posts
I might not be 100% on the compatibility issue, but I couldn't get it to work and I do remember reading something on the issue somewhere and thinking I needed the not yet available XFT module.
locoworks is offline Find More Posts by locoworks