Find More Posts by RexGalore
Out Standing In The Field
United States, CT, Middletown
Joined Feb 2014
435 Posts
Speaking of Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypaper 2 View Post
LOL Yeah, you have to start out with the bummers and work your way up. Although I still run into a few of those.

Gord.
Well Gord, you'll enjoy this experience. Right after I posted that, I took my VisionAire out and almost completed the seldom seen "Colorado VisionAire Limbo" maneuver. If the Colorado's crossmember was just an inch higher, the VA wouldn't have gotten stuck. No damage to the VA (or crossmember) but it did make a heck of a noise.

I'm sorry, though. I cannot divulge the exact stick movements needed to perform this feat. You'll have to work them out for yourself.
RexGalore is offline Find More Posts by RexGalore
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM
Find More Posts by BWX_
Summer rules.
United States, NY, Big Flats
Joined Nov 2013
2,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday View Post
Why change from one stabilization system to another?

I would suggest trying the plane without it, technically depending on your flying style it would benefit you not to have the stabilization.
I can turn stability on and off from a switch on DX9 and adjust gain on a knob with LemonRX stab. Cannot do that with stock one..

Also I could leave the control surfaces in "3D mode" all the time, and put the gains on a switch so that when I wanted to go fast I could just flip a switch to a lower gain position. I probbaly wouldn't even use a knob in the VA- but just have a few switch positions- low, med, and high. It would just give me more flexibility. I have a 60amp YEP ESC that I am going to install, so I can run a larger prop, and that might be the perfect time to rip out stock ESC.

Also I can use analog servos with Lemon.. supposedly only digital with AR635. I have a bunch of HXT900 servos too..

I actually like stability on all the planes that have it in my hangar.. I like how they perform in wind most of all..

edit-

example:
RadJet Ultra w/ Lemon Rx Stabilizer / Spektrum DX9 - stabilizer test (3 min 51 sec)
BWX_ is online now Find More Posts by BWX_
Last edited by BWX_; Yesterday at 09:21 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM
Find More Posts by MaydayMayday
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Jul 2011
1,166 Posts
Are you on the stock motor? @ 1500kv the prop is already bigger than it probably needs to be.

But I do agree the ESC needs to be switched out, it's propbably find some but the Fixed wing soft start sucks.
MaydayMayday is online now Find More Posts by MaydayMayday
Old Yesterday, 11:01 PM
Find More Posts by BWX_
Summer rules.
United States, NY, Big Flats
Joined Nov 2013
2,559 Posts
Yeah stock motor.. I would only go a little bigger though, and definitely use a meter to see how many amps I am pulling to be safe. On 3S people have used bigger props no problem with stock motor. I haven;t flown it at all this year because I need to put new wings on and I also have a new fuse (wings are wrecked from glue from factory making them stick to fuse, and fuse might be ok, might not be as I put a lot of stress on it when pulling wings off- long story there)..

But it is a shame not to fly this thing and summer is almost over. I have programming card for my YEP 60 amp ESC sop I should be able to dial it in..
BWX_ is online now Find More Posts by BWX_