Old Aug 10, 2015, 09:50 AM
Find More Posts by wrong17
wrong17
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2009
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyber View Post
Hi again. so sorry, I have bought v4010-14 375kv and DJI 1552 folding prop (you suggested to me). But I don't know which one 6S battery. I want to fly 15 minute with A6000 camera. My hexa AUW with camera and gimbal 3,3-3.5kg. .. Maybe AUW will be almost 4,8-5kg. with battery.. Thanks again..

I am using the Multistar High Capacity 6S 10000mAh Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack. As so far they seem to do pretty well for the money. I think these batteries are the cheapest 10000mah 6s lipo that i can find. I got 15min of flight with a 4.9kg AUW (that weight included everything, battery, camera, gimbal and etc) tarot Hexa with these battery.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dproduct=64439
wrong17 is online now Find More Posts by wrong17
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2015, 09:55 AM
Find More Posts by eyber
Joined May 2014
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrong17 View Post
I am using the Multistar High Capacity 6S 10000mAh Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack. As so far they seem to do pretty well for the money. I think these batteries are the cheapest 10000mah 6s lipo that i can find. I got 15min of flight with a 4.9kg AUW (that weight included everything, battery, camera, gimbal and etc) tarot Hexa with these battery.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dproduct=64439
Thanks for reply..
eyber is offline Find More Posts by eyber
Old Aug 11, 2015, 03:35 AM
Find More Posts by eyber
Joined May 2014
51 Posts
Hi, again. I bought sunnysky v4010 375kv and DJI 1552 folding prop.. But I can not DJI 1552 prop and multistar 10000mah 10c battery on ecalc.. I selected costum for prop and battery. I will buy 10000mah or 12000mah lipo battery. Which one battery. Sorry for my bad englsih.
Ecalc results:
Frame, battery holder, pro motor mount: almost 800g

Motors and props
=============
6-sunnysky v4010 14- 375kv = 124g each
6-DJI 1552 folding prop =13g each

Power
=====
6-40amp ESC = 40g each
1-10000mah multistar =1189g
1-Power Distribution board=5g

Electronics
========
almost 170g

Payload
======
1-Gimbal =maybe 3 axis 700g
1-a6000=344g with battery and memory card
1-Sony Nex 16-50 kitlens=116g
eyber is offline Find More Posts by eyber
Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:00 AM
Find More Posts by BravoGolf
Spearheading an Alliance
United States, CO, Aspen
Joined Oct 2010
866 Posts
Just a heads up guys, Apparently today is model avaiation day, who knew.

Anyway...

Hobbyking has the 4S 10,000 mAh multistars on sale for $29.00. They normally run $58. I paid $67 when I bought my original two.

I use these in the skyhuner as well with great results so just wanted to pass this on.

BG
BravoGolf is offline Find More Posts by BravoGolf
Old Aug 18, 2015, 09:07 PM
Find More Posts by RotoRon
United States, UT, East Carbon
Joined Jan 2014
971 Posts
Would you guys go with an AVDome to protect the FC, or just install it directly to the frame?

I moved 4 of the standoffs for the stock top-mount battery tray to the outer holes to free up the 4 central holes to mount a vibration dampening mount for the flight controller, so that could easily be mounted under the battery tray. If I go the AV dome route, the controller will be much better protected in the event of a crash, but it adds a good bit of weight to the build.

I think the upper battery tray is pretty strong, though and could provide a decent amount of protection itself. And I want the option to use the top battery tray and add a second battery in parallel hanging from the tubes to balance a gimbal and get longer flight times.
RotoRon is online now Find More Posts by RotoRon
Old Aug 20, 2015, 01:34 AM
Find More Posts by Vantasstic
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
19,518 Posts
I've got a question for you experience Tarot 680 fliers. I've bashed a Talon Tricopter into a Y6. I'm using SS 3508 580kv motors with APC 14" MR props on 4S. It flies great, but I get what I think is aerodynamic vibrations from the over/under prop arrangement...which shakes my camera gimbal and I haven't been able to isolate it enough to make usable videos.

I'm looking at the Tarot 680 hex as a replacement frame, but I want to use the same same power setup I already have. I'm assuming I'll need longer arms to use 14" props. How much longer do the arms need to be...or perhaps, has anyone tried mounting the middle motors upside down and the front and back motors right side up? I'd like to keep the frame as small as possible for transportation purposes. I've also been looking at the ATG H4 folding quad of similar size, but folds up to an even smaller package. I'm just concerned dropping to a quad will effect my lift capability (not a huge deal for a GoPro anyway). The flat hex might survive a motor out condition better than a quad will though.

FWIW, I also have some APC 12" MR props, but I felt they were to weak on my Y6 unless I stepped up to 5S. I'd rather stay 4S as I can use them on other currently owned fixed wing and multirotor platforms. Also, are the Tarot retracts worth getting too?

I appreciate any inputs.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
Last edited by Vantasstic; Aug 20, 2015 at 01:45 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 07:11 AM
Find More Posts by Will971
Joined May 2014
76 Posts
When build this multirotor are you advised to use loctite on the metal to metal screws? If so what type of loctite? I'm cautious as last time I used loctitie it disintegrated all my phantom's arms.
Will971 is offline Find More Posts by Will971
Old Aug 21, 2015, 09:55 AM
Find More Posts by CyberCrash
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will971 View Post
When build this multirotor are you advised to use loctite on the metal to metal screws? If so what type of loctite? I'm cautious as last time I used loctitie it disintegrated all my phantom's arms.
I use this one:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Strength.html

Works perfectly. Screws are tight, but I still can loose them with a bit of force. Not ultra-hard-force, but it won't come loose in flight.
CyberCrash is offline Find More Posts by CyberCrash
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:51 AM
Find More Posts by Vantasstic
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
19,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will971 View Post
Just use a dab of nail polish vs lock-tite. It'll help locks things in place, but will break away easier if/when you need to remove things...and it comes in a variety of pretty, pretty colors!!!!
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic