Old Today, 01:33 AM
Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
3,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGrin View Post
Had some crazy fun with by Waco yesterday.....winds starting to kick up in cross winds too on the 4th and 5th flights....I took her up anyway to play in the wind......able to hover 2-4ft above the runway.......still able to do touch-n-go's while the rest of the galley were thinking of packing it in..
https://youtu.be/c8CI_Z9h-hs

TwistedGrin
Why does the Dx6 say, "timer start, timer stop" so much? Were you bumping the throttle on and off that much? That's not scale, Paul!!

-CC
Cubcrazy is online now Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 07:48 AM
Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
2,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy View Post
Why does the Dx6 say, "timer start, timer stop" so much? Were you bumping the throttle on and off that much? That's not scale, Paul!!

-CC
Yes you are correct....I have my timer set to annunciate start above stick 7 / stop below stick 7.....Yes I am bumping throttle. I found this gives me a better sense of and momentum when I can't hear the prop from the flight line....The trick is to fly smooth by managing the big XAOR wood prop without jerking the plane around.....using momentum and throttle.

Nope - aint scale throwing the tail around on axis....book end touch-n-go's.....prop hangin.....but the Waco is fun to fly that way!!!

TwistedGrin
TwistedGrin is offline Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Last edited by TwistedGrin; Today at 07:58 AM.