SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 18, 2008, 07:11 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2007
53 Posts
Discussion
Using JR Matchbox on elevator halves

My transmitter will not run dual elevator servos so I've been using a reversing y on them with some success. However, I've now tried three different rev-y's and all three get the same result. My elevator halves do not move equally around neutral. The geometry is as perfect as I can get it, and it is actually one servo moving before the other. At full throw the halves match up and down so it is a problem at small inputs that causes some rolling moment with small pitch changes. Here's the question:

How do I set up the matchbox to operate off one channel and reverse one servo output while setting the throws to match?
h9pts is offline Find More Posts by h9pts
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2008, 11:06 PM
Joined Apr 2007
425 Posts
If you have the manual it describes how to reverse a servo in there.

If not I can dig up mine (or someone else can chime in if they can remember)
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Old Jan 18, 2008, 11:39 PM
Joined Apr 2007
425 Posts
Its best to begin with your servo that is not reversed and setup the throws on that first while it is plugged into the matchbox (assume your using 1/5 slot for that servo and 2/6 for the other

Then go in this order:

servo reverse #2 servo
Servo nuetral of #2 servo
servo enpoints of #2 servo

1) make sure you have the small red jumper wire in the battery port. Other wise you have to power the unit with its own battery

2)You can plug your servo into any slot.

3) Use number 5-8 for servo reversing

4) If you plugged your servo into slot 2/6 you would simply go to 6 on the dial and press + or - until the servo has reversed.

5) to adjust the center and endpoints of the reversed servo you use 2 on the dial

6) in the 2 position on the dial leave your transmitter at stick at nuetral. use the +/- button to equal the center point of the servo plugged into 1/5

7) push your stick full up elevator and and use the +/- to match the servo in 1/5

8) push your stick full down elevator and use the +/- to match the servo in 1/5

9) you may have to adjust servo 1/5 instead to get everything lined up exactly. Process is the same except you move the dial to 1 instead of 2.

10) You must move the dial from right to left (clockwise) past 9 and stop at 0 before powering down the matchbox or everything you did will not be stored in its memory! Wait for the red light to stop flashing before power down

Questions?
Last edited by sweetpea; Jan 18, 2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 01:37 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2007
53 Posts
Thank you!
h9pts is offline Find More Posts by h9pts
Old Jan 19, 2008, 08:00 PM
Joined Apr 2007
425 Posts
No problem