SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 27, 2014, 08:08 PM
Registered User
BeeStinger's Avatar
Joined Nov 2012
75 Posts
Ok Pepperpete thanks for the information
BeeStinger is offline Find More Posts by BeeStinger
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:08 AM
RickyBoy
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
349 Posts
Just placed my order, the Canadian Scheme. Ordered with Flaps, and Ailerons and will be powered by the EVF 12-3-12. Most likely use Savox servos all round
RickyBoy49 is offline Find More Posts by RickyBoy49
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:18 AM
EDF Jet Jam 2015, May 28-31st
Robert Belluomini's Avatar
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,733 Posts
Would love to see your Hornet at the Jet Jam next year!
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:37 AM
He builds stuff. :)
Pepperpete's Avatar
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBoy49 View Post
Just placed my order, the Canadian Scheme. Ordered with Flaps, and Ailerons and will be powered by the EVF 12-3-12. Most likely use Savox servos all round
Keep us updated!

And just my opinion but the recommended savox servos are junk. They make so much horrible noise (I was warned about this) that working on it powered on was torture. I had people at the field ask me what was wrong with it. Ive since replaced the savox with spectrum wing servos and hitech standard servos for the elevators and Im much happier. The Savox may work fine but never again for my models. Too annoying.
Pepperpete is offline Find More Posts by Pepperpete
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:41 AM
RickyBoy
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperpete View Post
Keep us updated!

And just my opinion but the recommended savox servos are junk. They make so much horrible noise (I was warned about this) that working on it powered on was torture. I had people at the field ask me what was wrong with it. Ive since replaced the savox with spectrum wing servos and hitech standard servos for the elevators and Im much happier. The Savox may work fine but never again for my models. Too annoying.
Thanks for the info
RickyBoy49 is offline Find More Posts by RickyBoy49
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:48 AM
RickyBoy
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
Would love to see your Hornet at the Jet Jam next year!
Where is Jet Jam
RickyBoy49 is offline Find More Posts by RickyBoy49
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:09 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
CoolerByTheLake's Avatar
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,978 Posts
Pete, Which Hitec servos for the elevator did you go with?
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:10 PM
RickyBoy
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
349 Posts
I found the Info on Jet Jam
RickyBoy49 is offline Find More Posts by RickyBoy49
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2014, 06:07 PM
EDF Jet Jam 2015, May 28-31st
Robert Belluomini's Avatar
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBoy49 View Post
I found the Info on Jet Jam
Did you find it easily enough? I'm open to all suggestions.
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:42 AM
He builds stuff. :)
Pepperpete's Avatar
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,792 Posts
Cooler it was the HS-7955TG if I remember correctly. Beyond overkill to be honest but I hated the Savox noise so much I just grabbed whatever I had lying around. I'm pretty sure it was those. The jet is in storage for our stupid winter (-37 yesterday and that's not a typo) or I would check to confirm.
Pepperpete is offline Find More Posts by Pepperpete
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:55 AM
Do it Right, the first time!
CoolerByTheLake's Avatar
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,978 Posts
Thanks Pete, when you said "standard Hitech's " I thought you were talking the HS-645MG's. Perhaps overkill as you say, but I got the HS-5645MG's for my project
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:23 PM
Another one on the way...
ysolomon's Avatar
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperpete View Post
Cooler it was the HS-7955TG if I remember correctly. Beyond overkill to be honest but I hated the Savox noise so much I just grabbed whatever I had lying around. I'm pretty sure it was those. The jet is in storage for our stupid winter (-37 yesterday and that's not a typo) or I would check to confirm.
I was about to ask if this was C or F, but at -37 it really doesn't matter anymore...
ysolomon is online now Find More Posts by ysolomon
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:25 PM
He builds stuff. :)
Pepperpete's Avatar
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,792 Posts
-37 Celsius. Bloody cold.
Pepperpete is offline Find More Posts by Pepperpete
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:26 PM
Another one on the way...
ysolomon's Avatar
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,456 Posts
Actually, at exactly -40 it doesn't matter...
ysolomon is online now Find More Posts by ysolomon
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:39 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
CoolerByTheLake's Avatar
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,978 Posts
Yorum , you fly yours yet?
Cooler
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Sky e Matser F-15 EDF RCPLIOTTW Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 550 Nov 26, 2014 11:59 PM
Discussion E-Flite F-15 edf Questions makg Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 1 Jun 27, 2012 12:45 PM
Build Log -Contest- EDF-40 F/A-18F scratch build thread twillis Foamy EDFs 64 Mar 17, 2008 12:30 AM
Video -Contest- EDF-40 F/A-18F scratch build maiden twillis Electric Plane Talk 2 Feb 11, 2008 11:00 PM
Discussion F-86 For 120mm EDF Fan AirPower RC Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 31 Jan 27, 2008 08:36 PM