Dynam T28 14 77.78%
FMS 800mm T28 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:34 PM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
Help!
I'm so torn between FMS 800m and Dynam T28!!!

I'm having a really tough time trying to decide... I can't click the damn 'checkout' button!!! ARGH

If I get the 800mm one, I can probably get away with the FMS large one by xmas as a 'xmas gift' from the lady.

if I get the Dynam, I'll probably be stuck (not that it's a bad thing) for a little while.

I got the DX6i ready (actually it'll be here monday) waiting to be bound to a receiver on one of these planes!!!

I do have access to a parking lot which I can take off from, and also an RC runway (60x600) so that's not much of an issue...

help me outttt!!!!!

ps. I'm also torn on the color! the white/red looks alright to me, but it seems like it's more historically accurate as the navy uses that color only for training.... I'm not sure what the grey was used for. it's also easier to see in the air with the red tips and orient the plane too.

but I really like the gray color, and it looks badass!!! (looks like a modern plane)
razorseal is offline Find More Posts by razorseal
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2011, 04:56 PM
Fly it like ya stole it!
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Apr 2011
110 Posts
Hope that DX6i is coming with a receiver, as it wont bind to the receiver that comes with either of these planes.
4x4nut is offline Find More Posts by 4x4nut
Old Aug 18, 2011, 05:37 PM
Susquehanna Valley, PA
Joined Jan 2006
143 Posts
For what it's worth. Save your money. Both of those purchases, IMHO, would be a waste of your good $$.

The best T 28 available, and the easiest plane to fly ever is the Parkzone T 28. You owe it to yourself to check it out.
gus1911 is offline Find More Posts by gus1911
Old Aug 18, 2011, 06:19 PM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus1911 View Post
For what it's worth. Save your money. Both of those purchases, IMHO, would be a waste of your good $$.

The best T 28 available, and the easiest plane to fly ever is the Parkzone T 28. You owe it to yourself to check it out.
I'd be paying for more to get less of a plane. I'm not going to do that. there are plenty of very positive reviews of both planes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4nut View Post
Hope that DX6i is coming with a receiver, as it wont bind to the receiver that comes with either of these planes.
Yes, 2x OrangeRX
Old Aug 22, 2011, 07:46 PM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
Got the DX6i, but no plane yet as I sold my champ! lol

ok, I guess I'm gonna pull the plug on the Dynam
Old Aug 22, 2011, 08:55 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,353 Posts
Well the Dynam has retracts the FMS one does not and the Parkzone is over priced foam
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Aug 23, 2011, 07:01 AM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
ok, ordered the red/white dynam!

I was going to get the gray, but I think the red/white is more original, and easier to see in the sky
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:44 PM
southern Illinois
Joined Jan 2010
506 Posts
Easier to see is nice. Some of the military colors are hard to keep it oriented. I'm repainting a parkzone Corsair to an air racer paint scheme because of it.
Dizzy5 is offline Find More Posts by Dizzy5
Old Aug 23, 2011, 04:13 PM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
Yeah. That helped me veer for that color. I was really set on the gray. I love that mi
Itaey gray in warbirds. From the t28 to the f22
Old Aug 25, 2011, 05:16 AM
Low'n Slow is safest, right?
Norge, Østfold, Fredrikstad
Joined Jun 2011
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus1911 View Post

For what it's worth - I have both, and I find the Dynam as easy to fly as the PZ T-28D. The scale looks of the Dynam is far better - there is for instance no panel lines in the wing/fuselage on the PZ...

The fixed undercarriage on the PZ holds up better on bad landings, but having said that - the retracts on the Dynam is still good even after a couple of not-so-good landings... With some practice, landing with flaps deployed on the Dynam makes for the smoothest landings I've ever done with a Trojan

The 800mm FMS (have that as well) is a completly different story, more wingload makes for hotter landings and higher stall speed...

Greetings from Norway,
Kai W-E
KaiWE is offline Find More Posts by KaiWE
Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:44 AM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
How easy to put the flaps on this thing?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 07:12 AM
Joined Jun 2011
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorseal View Post
How easy to put the flaps on this thing?
All the required hardware was in the box - the flaps were pre-cut, held in place with doublesided tape. Just to carefully work them loose (one was already taken care of by the mail ), glue on the hinges and install the servos (I needed extension leads to get to the rx on my servos - servos also included in the box since my plane came from RCWarez).

Only thing to remember was to connect the control rod to the hinge before gluing it down, will be a PITA to do afterwards...

I think there is a video on nitroplanes.com explaining how-to install flaps on Dynam planes...
Old Aug 25, 2011, 08:57 AM
Old, New Guy
USA, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined May 2010
211 Posts
Dynam vs FMS 800mm, T-28's

Due to flying area limitations, mostly only BB diamonds an scoccer fields are available within a 10-15 min radius. So I'm looking for a T-28 type bird,in the 800mm size, though one with a lighter wing loading. The FMS prolly wont fill the need, even if I was to put it on a diet and make a "FMS lite" out of it.
Still looking, as the Dynam @1200 is getting toward a bit large.
Tubo is offline Find More Posts by Tubo
Old Aug 25, 2011, 09:30 AM
Joined Jun 2011
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubo View Post
Due to flying area limitations, mostly only BB diamonds an scoccer fields are available within a 10-15 min radius. So I'm looking for a T-28 type bird,in the 800mm size, though one with a lighter wing loading. The FMS prolly wont fill the need, even if I was to put it on a diet and make a "FMS lite" out of it.
Still looking, as the Dynam @1200 is getting toward a bit large.
I fly the Dynam regularly on a soccer field with an ajourning gravel training field, in all an area of ca. 100x120m...

Of the smaller FMS warbirds I have flown, I find the A-1 Skyraider the most manageable...