SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 07, 2003, 07:41 PM
North America
Joined Sep 2002
552 Posts
Corona rx/gyro placement

Hi,

Almost done building the Corona!

I know there have been some problems with glitches using the LMH recommended postitions for the gyro and rx.

I was thinking of mounting the gyro at the rear of the crutch, above the tailboom (as Fred, Hoverup and others have done).

I then saw some people were leaving the gyro up front on the left side of the crutch, and moving the receiver to the right rear side of the crutch, just above the rear-end of the servos. How has this worked?

Also, should i mount the antenna as shown in the manual, or use an alternate location?

Thanx,
Jarrett
hs748 is online now Find More Posts by hs748
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2003, 09:16 PM
Spark antenna on my Tx !
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Mar 1999
436 Posts
Hi Jarrett,

I mounted a Heli-max (soon to be Futaba GY240) on the right rear above the boom, the radio on the left front, and the battery underneath using Voyager gear. The ESC (a larger Futaba model) is mounted on the right side, just opposite the AF motor in front of the main shaft. The deans antenna scares me, so I mounted an antenna tube to the gear and threaded the antenna though.

So far so good. This setup seems to be fairly in line with what has been shown to work according to others on the board.

Best of luck,

EEK
eekflyer is offline Find More Posts by eekflyer
Old Jan 08, 2003, 02:04 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,799 Posts
If you haven't mounted the Gyro yet, it fits great below the TR servo on the crutch. No new mount needed.

I moved my antenna to the rear also, so it is clear of ALL the electronics.

Keep the ESC close to the motor, and keep the RX as far from the motor/ESC/gyro as possible.
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk