HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2014, 01:32 PM
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Apr 2014
100 Posts
Discussion
Jeti Radios

Anyone here used the Jeti Duplex DC 16. I really like the flat wide open format and the telemetry features are just icing on the cake. I have fairly large hands, the Futaba 8FG's that I use are small and cramped for my hand size. I especially like the forward facing/operated sliders. Since I only fly multirotors my interest is functionality for multirotors.
http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...nly-radio.aspx
A little pricey, but selling the 8FG's I have would cover the lions share of the cost.

Anyone own or flown one that would care to opine.

Steve
SteveinUtah is offline Find More Posts by SteveinUtah
Last edited by SteveinUtah; Aug 22, 2014 at 02:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2014, 02:25 PM
Joined Dec 2006
440 Posts
I'm interested too. I prefer the flat tray high tech look, over the usual Transformer / 57 Chevy look!
Wmacky is offline Find More Posts by Wmacky
Old Aug 22, 2014, 07:11 PM
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Apr 2014
100 Posts
No love for the Jeti?
SteveinUtah is offline Find More Posts by SteveinUtah
Old Aug 23, 2014, 05:02 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,629 Posts
No, lots of bling unnecessary expensive design choices there just to justify the engineering ego, it's a hobby, not a nuclear plant...
The same stuff can be redesigned and keep the look and performances for $300 only.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Last edited by renatoa; Aug 23, 2014 at 06:08 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 09:53 PM
Joined Feb 2013
976 Posts
Recently, when selecting a radio system for a new build, I visted the US importer's shop and tried one. A few items killed it for me. The TX is *very* heavy due to the milled metal case. Really pulls on your neck. Would be an issue for a full day of flying. Also the stick centers are too far inward from the edges of the TX case for me. I really had to reach to pinch them in the usual manner. Aside from that, absolutely divine. The quality of construction is fabulous, near aerospace grade. Also the *only* radio system on the planet that offers *all* channels decoded and broken out on a single box receiver. No seperate demux boxes (Spektrum) , two receivers (Futaba), or any of that malarky. Truly an impressive work.
Electro 2 is offline Find More Posts by Electro 2
Old Sep 01, 2014, 12:36 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,629 Posts
No wondering why all the others abandoned this single point/receiver decoding ?
In a +2m plane wiring could be a mess, not a wise design to bring all in a central point
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Sep 03, 2014, 02:44 PM
Team Warpsquad
United States, GA, Statesboro
Joined Feb 2014
589 Posts
for that much it better repair all my quads too while im sleeping.
NoShoes is offline Find More Posts by NoShoes
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2014, 08:40 PM
Houston, TX USA
Joined Nov 2000
513 Posts
Hello. I have a Jeti DS-16 radio. It is a great full feature radio with out standing telemetry support options. As for the weight I have flow with it all day long and never found it heavy. Then again I hate the cheap lightweight plastic radios like DX6-9's.

The price is the price.

I use this radio to fly my 700 size helicopters (gas and electrics), airplanes and muti rotors.
Rudy Ackerman is offline Find More Posts by Rudy Ackerman