HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2013, 04:18 PM
Joined Apr 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome Morris View Post
A night and day difference.
Great comparison.

i took the top off the boat today to tighten a loose set screw, and did a distilled water break in on both motors. that made a difference! i did one and free tested both motors while they were out, the one that ran in a cup of distilled water for 20 minutes ran way smoother and had a bit higher rpm, not that i need more rpm but in my opinion it will inscrease battery life slightly. so who else is going to do this?
commander1 is offline Find More Posts by commander1
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2013, 04:27 PM
Keep a Steady Strain....
Orange County, CA
Joined Nov 2007
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by commander1 View Post
i took the top off the boat today to tighten a loose set screw, and did a distilled water break in on both motors. that made a difference! i did one and free tested both motors while they were out, the one that ran in a cup of distilled water for 20 minutes ran way smoother and had a bit higher rpm, not that i need more rpm but in my opinion it will inscrease battery life slightly. so who else is going to do this?
Oh heck, I thought it was a salt water break-in...now I'm buggered....

Just kidding Be very sure to remove every bit of water residue from the motors before it has a chance to dry, if not, you'll have corrosion problems later on in the nooks and cranny's...
capntroy is offline Find More Posts by capntroy
Old Apr 13, 2013, 05:35 PM
United States, CT, Manchester
Joined Jan 2007
369 Posts
Nice job on the motor upgrades.
HR
hotrodder is offline Find More Posts by hotrodder
Old Jul 23, 2014, 09:56 AM
Joined Jul 2007
31 Posts
commander1,

What prop RPM did you target? Also, where did you get the universal joints you used? What inside diameter do you need for the U-joints?

Thanks.
skeeler is offline Find More Posts by skeeler