HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2014, 01:02 PM
Joined Jan 2008
45 Posts
Thanks everyone for the continued interest in my build. Unfortunately, summer is a very busy period for my other hobbies/interest, so the build is on hold until fall.
oldnavy is offline Find More Posts by oldnavy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2014, 08:55 AM
Joined Jan 2008
45 Posts
As summer is winding down, I have been able to get a little work done. The forward seating area is just about done. Still need to sand and trim the seat edges. I'm glad this part is over. Fitting each slat is a bit of a pain. A little disappointed on the lack of symmetry at the most forward part where the port and starboard side converge. The port side is the most recent work, is raw, and has not had the first coat of varnish as the STBD side, hence the color difference.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I did add the simulated diamond tread around the propulsion plant. Still need to complete the internal mahogany deck all around the diamond tread.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Sep 05, 2014, 09:41 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, KBH
Joined May 2007
496 Posts
great work,,Super-Duber
Bernhard BB is offline Find More Posts by Bernhard BB
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:28 AM
Joined Jan 2008
45 Posts
In the last picture you can see that there is no finished deck planking between the silver deck plate and the interior midship bulkheads. This is one of the many issues I have run into due to the design as you build approach that I took. In hind sight, the framing should have been built in the very early stages as an integral part of the sub flooring. Also due to the design of the midship bulkheads and the need that they be removable to access electronics, the remaining section of decking has to be removable.

This is the last major hurdle but I finally got around to getting it done. Pictures are pretty self explanatory. Although I did not get a picture, the mahogany blanks are being installed.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:47 AM
Joined Feb 2014
2 Posts
Hello

Beautiful finish and a lot of research in development

Damage to the small defects on the fern of the front benches, but the rest blurred this small flaw

Kind regards

François
Delaunay is offline Find More Posts by Delaunay
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:57 PM
Joined Jan 2008
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaunay View Post
Hello

Beautiful finish and a lot of research in development

Damage to the small defects on the fern of the front benches, but the rest blurred this small flaw

Kind regards

François
Francois,
Thanks for the comment. The entire boat is still ROUGH. Lots of sanding to do to include finishing overhangs. Once I get the general woodwork complete I'll correct some of those flaws (there a actually quiet a few) and then start the 5 or more layers of varnish. You know the drill, coat, sand, coat, sand............wet sand and then polish.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 06:33 PM
mahoganyfan
United States, NJ, Atlantic City
Joined Nov 2010
671 Posts
Build

Oldnavy your build is awesome. Great workmanship. I hardly ever go off the Scale Boat and Dock Talk forums, so unfortunatly I have not seen this build until now. I will have to float over to this forum more often to see all the builds going on in this forum, thanks
californiakid is offline Find More Posts by californiakid
Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM
Joined Jan 2008
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiakid View Post
Oldnavy your build is awesome. Great workmanship. I hardly ever go off the Scale Boat and Dock Talk forums, so unfortunatly I have not seen this build until now. I will have to float over to this forum more often to see all the builds going on in this forum, thanks
Once I finish this I'll post a fianl picture and a link in the scale forum.