SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 08, 2011, 03:10 PM
Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2009
968 Posts
Blueshy,
Yes combined ppm on the channel 9 pins. Works great with RVOSD.
vertcnc is offline Find More Posts by vertcnc
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2011, 03:13 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertcnc View Post
Blueshy,
Yes combined ppm on the channel 9 pins. Works great with RVOSD.
AWEsome.
Blueshy is offline Find More Posts by Blueshy
Old Oct 08, 2011, 04:07 PM
Village Idiot!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshy View Post
AWEsome.
You have to have the newer firm ware for the RVOSD to work with the DL. If you have the older firm ware, it with make the Fail Safe on the OSD jitter in and out of FS.
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Old Oct 08, 2011, 05:27 PM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper6549 View Post
More information on your equipment will help you gather a more valuable response from members here.

1. What Radio?
2. How are you making your connection to said radio?
3. Are you getting a green light on your transmitter for PPM lock?
4. Depending on what radio to you have it set to output PPM?
ect...
Ok so I finshed EVETHING TO FLY TODAY but thanks to my dragonlink no workig I CAN'T no I love this dragon link transceivers and I would hate to go with something like ez uhf here. So here is my story:

I am using trunigy 9x version 2 which does work with dragonlink uhf i have seen it work. The light on the transmitter turns green and it also flahes green when i bind. The turnigy 9x reciever works and so does my esc ubec because it makes the turnigy 9x reciever work and it moves servos and the motor. So here is were I GET F'N ANGRY. I did this I used 2s lipo on my turnigy 9x transmitter.

steps
1. disconnected turnigy rf module from the back
2. connected dragon uhf transmitter pins to the back of turnigy 9x transmitter were rf module goes
3. connected 800mah battery fully charged to turniyg 9x transmitter
4. connected ubec from esc to dragonlink receiver with ppm top neg on bottom.( I have the pins on the side an the metal heat sink is in the top as i am puting servo connections on)
5. connected prop drive motor to esc, mean while the motor beeps like crazy to let you know there is no link with transmiter and receiver as the esc is not receiving any signal from dragonlink reciever.
6. I hold down link button and turn on turnigy 9x tramsiter light starts red and then flashing green, ok good.
7. i hook up battery to esc ubec ok good, motor is still beeping.
8. Then i turn off transmitter
9. i turn transmitter back on normally without pressing bind button
10. FAILURE no connection at all motor still beeps to signalice that its not recieving any sginall from esc, and esc is not receiving signal from reciever because they are not binding.

So is this the dl transmiter fault or reciever. Would the light on dl trasnimter still turn on green if it was burnt out from turning it on without antenna, not saying I did that but I did use that litle small antenna thing that blocks the uhf signal.
FLYING_FORTRESS is offline Find More Posts by FLYING_FORTRESS
Old Oct 08, 2011, 05:30 PM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
MIKE if you could please help that would be great. I would be more than happy to buy another dragon link reciever if you help me fix this one PLEASE! You have no idea how long I have been wating to fly this THING 3 MONTHS of hard research and carefull planning all gone to waste. I am currently the only person in this side of the region who would is flying fpv and well I can't because something with the dragon link is wrong PLEASE I repeate PLEASE HELP! thanks =_(
Old Oct 08, 2011, 05:35 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Power up your plane like it is about to be thrown in the air. Completely powered- motor and receiver. THEN turn on DL with bind button pressed. Now turn off the DL transmitter, then back on. Should be good to go.

ie. Switch steps 6 and 7.
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old Oct 08, 2011, 05:39 PM
Up up and away!
Sweden
Joined Oct 2010
701 Posts
Constructive critique

DragonLink is good, yes... but I'm not as impressed as the marketing material in post #1 wants you to believe.

* There's a number of reports of DragonLinks not working together with other DragonLinks or Scherrer LRS, meaning your plane might fall from the sky if there's another user nearby, a la 35MHz. This is discussed here and here and no conclusive comment from DragonLink Labs.

* Customer support is good or above expectation when available but sometimes absent altogether and there's no proper issue tracking which leads to general confusion after a few attempted contacts. Emails have been met by automated vacation replies for long periods of time. In the old rcgroups thread, people resorted to posting in big red letters to hope to catch the attention of customer service. I myself tried to use the (generous) referral program in Feb 2 and emailed reminders at Apr 24, May 17 and Jul 25 before giving up on getting the extra receiver.

* The firmware has issues -- variable frame lengths do not work and there's an upper limit on the frame length which can be a problem when using all 12 channels.

* The official website http://www.terranova.net/~winger/RCV...DragonLink.htm looks like a child made it and after 3.5 months still doesn't document the pin-out of their current, 12 channel receiver. (First mention of 12ch Rx here). This is an example of how DragonLink Labs relies on a thousand pages of forum discussions for parts of the documentation, instead of answering questions once and for all on the website.

* I get interference in the received video in spite of getting a new, filtered Tx module. I admit I haven't ruled out all alternatives but IBCrazy did measure DragonLink to significantly raise the noise floor at 1.3GHz (link)

* DragonLink doesn't give out technical specifications of the radio transmission, such as actual frequency span (although analyzed here). The reply I got was: "It uses low power, and constantly hops frequencies." Knowing the details would give peace of mind for the ham radio operator that wants to play by the rules.

I don't demand perfection from a niche product created by enthusiasts but there's no need to pretend there are no problems either.
(If proven wrong on some point, I'll update this post.)
FpvKiwi is offline Find More Posts by FpvKiwi
Old Oct 08, 2011, 05:47 PM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmart View Post
Power up your plane like it is about to be thrown in the air. Completely powered- motor and receiver. THEN turn on DL with bind button pressed. Now turn off the DL transmitter, then back on. Should be good to go.

ie. Switch steps 6 and 7.

I still get nothing even if i do what you sayed or what mike says to do, NOTHING IS WORKING omg I am sad. So now what
Old Oct 08, 2011, 05:49 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Did you actually try that? Or are you just guessing?

Also, are you 15 years old?
Old Oct 08, 2011, 05:49 PM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FpvKiwi View Post
DragonLink is good, yes... but I'm not as impressed as the marketing material in post #1 wants you to believe.

* There's a number of reports of DragonLinks not working together with other DragonLinks or Scherrer LRS, meaning your plane might fall from the sky if there's another user nearby, a la 35MHz. This is discussed here and here and no conclusive comment from DragonLink Labs.

* Customer support is good or above expectation when available but sometimes absent altogether and there's no proper issue tracking which leads to general confusion after a few attempted contacts. Emails have been met by automated vacation replies for long periods of time. In the old rcgroups thread, people resorted to posting in big red letters to hope to catch the attention of customer service. I myself tried to use the (generous) referral program in Feb 2 and emailed reminders at Apr 24, May 17 and Jul 25 before giving up on getting the extra receiver.

* The firmware has issues -- variable frame lengths do not work and there's an upper limit on the frame length which can be a problem when using all 12 channels.

* The official website http://www.terranova.net/~winger/RCV...DragonLink.htm looks like a child made it and after 3.5 months still doesn't document the pin-out of their current, 12 channel receiver. (First mention of 12ch Rx here). This is an example of how DragonLink Labs relies on a thousand pages of forum discussions for parts of the documentation, instead of answering questions once and for all on the website.

* I get interference in the received video in spite of getting a new, filtered Tx module. I admit I haven't ruled out all alternatives but IBCrazy did measure DragonLink to significantly raise the noise floor at 1.3GHz (link)

* DragonLink doesn't give out technical specifications of the radio transmission, such as actual frequency span (although analyzed here). The reply I got was: "It uses low power, and constantly hops frequencies." Knowing the details would give peace of mind for the ham radio operator that wants to play by the rules.

I don't demand perfection from a niche product created by enthusiasts but there's no need to pretend there are no problems either.
(If proven wrong on some point, I'll update this post.)
hahaha you are just trying to sell either ezuhf or that other thing chain link uhf
Old Oct 08, 2011, 05:51 PM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmart View Post
Did you actually try that? Or are you just guessing?

Also, are you 15 years old?
Yes I did I connected everything so everything was powered up then I tryed to bind it and it still didnt work and I am 19 years old but I have the behavior of a 15 year old but it gets me by. But yeah now what, look I will post a video here to show you. How do I go and get mike to replace my receiver.
Old Oct 08, 2011, 05:54 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Just searched through all your old posts in the old thread, and it looks like a lot of people have tried to help you. Try following the directions exactly on the website. If it still doesn't work, send mike an email about having it replaced.

-Kevin
Old Oct 08, 2011, 07:55 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING_FORTRESS View Post
So is this the dl transmiter fault or reciever. Would the light on dl trasnimter still turn on green if it was burnt out from turning it on without antenna, not saying I did that but I did use that litle small antenna thing that blocks the uhf signal.
Binding is pretty simple.
  1. Unplug everything, nothing should have power
  2. Turn DL and controller on while holding down the button on the DL
  3. Turn on power to the receiver
  4. Turn off DL and controller
  5. Turn on DL and controller

At step 2 there should be a blinking green light. And step 4-5 is to disable
binding mode and return to normal control transmission, should be a solid
green light after 5. Make sure you power the receiver only after the DL has
entered binding mode.

Blues
Old Oct 08, 2011, 07:56 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas View Post
You have to have the newer firm ware for the RVOSD to work with the DL. If you have the older firm ware, it with make the Fail Safe on the OSD jitter in and out of FS.
Not awesome.
Old Oct 08, 2011, 09:40 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING_FORTRESS View Post
Yes I did I connected everything so everything was powered up then I tryed to bind it and it still didnt work and I am 19 years old but I have the behavior of a 15 year old but it gets me by. But yeah now what, look I will post a video here to show you. How do I go and get mike to replace my receiver.
Hi,

I beleive you are doning something wrong in the binding process. Given the complication of different setups, and how you are explaining it, I am not quite sure what you are doing. But try this:

1. Hold Button on TX down, and power on TX until you get a flashing green LED ( You MUST have flashing green LED ! )

2. Turn on Receiver.

3. Wait 30 seconds, do not touch anything, just wait... Ignore all indications from ESC or anything else, just wait...

4. Turn off RC Transmitter. Wait 10 seconds

5. Turn on RC Transmitter, your receiver should come to life

Follow the above steps EXACTLY. It should work if nothing is wrong inside your plane. IF the above procedure does not work, take the RX out of the plane, and connect 1 servo and power it with just an RX battery, and do the above procedure. This way, you know weather the problem is in the plane, or the system.

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor