SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:17 PM
Warm Sunny days please
United States, IN, Marion
Joined Mar 2008
75 Posts
Yes I have vent holes cut and everything lines up great. I am going to install a spring loaded latch like my 3DHS planes have since I have never lost a canopy with a latch on them. At only 2 grams of additional weight I think it will be fine. Seems like I am not the only one that has had to deal with this. I wish PA would just spend the 50 cents extra on the build and not have to deal with it.
dlewton is offline Find More Posts by dlewton
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:26 PM
United States, MA, Lowell
Joined May 2004
873 Posts
Exactly. It's possible to make a hatch that stays on as my MX has never come off but it seems to be a problem on the Bandit that PA is just not interested in fixing.
Neil_SC is offline Find More Posts by Neil_SC
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:37 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,491 Posts
Guys if you have any feedback or suggestions of things you would like to see on PA planes please take the time to send an email to info@ or support@ PA cares about your opinion to improve things! Just remember that forums are not checked constantly by PA, but with emails they get checked every day so your opinion or suggestion won't get lost there!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2014, 01:49 PM
Warm Sunny days please
Joined Mar 2008
75 Posts
Good information to have thanks Dan
Old Sep 10, 2014, 02:21 PM
The flying snake
United States, CO, Thornton
Joined Sep 2013
939 Posts
I have about 10 flights on mine now and have not had any issues with my canopy. When are you guys having them fly off? Abrupt maneuvers? High speed runs? Mine engages really tight and is almost a pain to get off.
Grandpa strap is offline Find More Posts by Grandpa strap
Old Sep 10, 2014, 05:26 PM
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoOhki1701 View Post
I
However magnets sunk too deep in the balsa (or with dried glue over them) may be an issue.
Fix for this is to CA a small washer on the magnet so that you get prper contact. This solved my issue with my canopy blowing off.
luke352 is offline Find More Posts by luke352
Old Sep 10, 2014, 06:59 PM
Warm Sunny days please
Joined Mar 2008
75 Posts
Yes Luke I have tried that trick as well to no avail. Mine usually happens during a hard bank and crank turn but it still should not come off.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 05:56 AM
Joined Apr 2014
71 Posts
tape the back of the canopy to the turtledeck. Might be a pain in the ass but atleast it wont come off.
Daniel003 is offline Find More Posts by Daniel003
Old Sep 11, 2014, 08:21 AM
Warm Sunny days please
Joined Mar 2008
75 Posts
Will try the tape idea until I get the latch installed thanks.